Poll

How does every one think the armor should be.

Change armor back to what it used to be.
Leave armor how it is now with the new never glance system.

Author Topic: QQ about armor.  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: QQ about armor.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 07:47:10 am »
i already feel useless in strat with an agi shielder... this would make it worse since id glance on light armour guys.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 11:09:34 am »
i already feel useless in strat with an agi shielder... this would make it worse since id glance on light armour guys.

thats because you ARE useless  :twisted:

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 02:52:06 pm »
i have the same lordly set, 1h never glances on me and crossbows still take out 95% of my health. Longbows/warbows deal 40-60%. I don't know who you're playing against but in NA that shit don't fly

really? i mean yeh, 1hs never glance anymore, no matter at what angle it seems. but 95% of hp from xbow? even an arbalest only takes 50% from me if its not a headshot ina  lordly heavy kuyak
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 03:27:49 pm »
+1

As a build designed to fight off archers and ranged weapons, with armor to augment that build, I feel that my build is definitely suffering from the new glance %s (soak values, I don't quite understand how it works).

I got bushwhacked by a peasant with a wooden sword the other day simply because, first, I was overconfident. But second, the was another little baby peasant with a staff hacking away at my back, stumbling me.

I don't usually kill peasants, but the fact that they're now actually doing damage to me make me sad when I hack them down. I shed a tear when I finally gained control of my character.

One of the factors I really enjoyed about cRPG was the simulation aspect of it. While it's not the most SUPER REALISTIC thing there is, I like the glances because it brought an amount of random chance to the table, which mimics the luck of war and combat.

As of now, I think it's too arcadey. If I wanted that, I'd play Counter Strike, or Call of Doodie.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 03:58:39 pm »
I want back the old values, this is BS that MEDIUM armor requires 5 hit to kill with 7 ps and 42 cut damage and 150 wpf. Yesterday I fought with a plate dude, he required 10 hit to kill, I was like OMFG WHEN WILL YOU DIE??? I managed to kill him but after that I got rangedspammed badly. And I noticed that with these new values meele fight is MUCH harder while archers/xbowers still 2-3 shot everything.

Edit: Oh and thx by the new values cut dmg is even worse now, so the mace user ranged dudes with blunt dmg kills like a dedicated 2 hander. You can't force every 2 hander and poleuser to go blunt.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:01:32 pm by Momo »
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 04:08:15 pm »
I want back the old values, this is BS that MEDIUM armor requires 5 hit to kill with 7 ps and 42 cut damage and 150 wpf. Yesterday I fought with a plate dude, he required 10 hit to kill, I was like OMFG WHEN WILL YOU DIE??? I managed to kill him but after that I got rangedspammed badly. And I noticed that with these new values meele fight is MUCH harder while archers/xbowers still 2-3 shot everything.

Edit: Oh and thx by the new values cut dmg is even worse now, so the mace user ranged dudes with blunt dmg kills like a dedicated 2 hander. You can't force every 2 hander and poleuser to go blunt.

this! i love swords, just for the style, but if i want not to be gimped, i need to use blunt weapons or the ONE mighty pierce attack the swords have, which is SO hard to block and hurt less than with freaking one hander now.

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 07:20:17 pm »
+2
You could block?  Problem solved.  The new values actually made 1 handed swords viable for those who wish to put less in 1 hand.
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 07:22:47 pm »
You could block?  Problem solved.

I agree, just ged rid of armour completely. If two guys are attacking me at the same time, instead of blocking the first guy andmoving so the second guy glances, I shall instead block both of them at the exact same time.

Problem solved.

Oh yeah, get rid of Ironflesh too, just block.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »
glancing rate need to be increased in early and late in swings/stabs (all weps)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 08:02:07 pm »
The armor changes have really made the longbow the only significantly worthwhile bow.  I like using other bows, but the cut damage means it takes half again as many arrows to kill someone as it used too, while longbows and all xbows can kill even easier than before.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 08:06:44 pm »
+1
I agree, just ged rid of armour completely. If two guys are attacking me at the same time, instead of blocking the first guy andmoving so the second guy glances, I shall instead block both of them at the exact same time.

Problem solved.

Oh yeah, get rid of Ironflesh too, just block.

You . . . actually expect to win a two on one?  Such a feat does and should require skill.  Not simply the ability to purchase armour.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:09:13 pm by MadJackMcMad »
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 08:11:34 pm »
+1
I really didn't expect any support I always feel alone as a turtle. I figured I would just get snide remarks like l2p and learn to block. I would say I am slightly above average but I am no mega awesome dueler etc. I however was a very good heavy plate player. I had almost all but perfected causing glances with plate and learning who and what I couldn't cause to glance.

l2p if you can't use plate. It was boosted this patch, not nerfed.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 08:11:53 pm »
You . . . actually expect to win a two on one?

I actually have the audacity to expect my armour to help me last longer before dying and potentially take out a man then focus on the next if I am lucky.

Alternatively, if I mess up a swing, I would like to be able to move so his return swipe glances on me since I don't have enough time to dodge.

Before with top tier armour, you could move to generate a glance while blocking as "insurance" in case I messed up my block and was hit anyways.

I mainly typed my response above because I found the advice rather idiotic, as "just block" means why wear armour of any type then if you can "just block." Hell, why use shields against arrows since you can "just dodge."

EDIT:  For the record, I am fine with the way that armour works now with less glancing and more effective damage reduction (though I find it funny that this makes it move away from "realism" which bows moved towards, but whatever, this is a game first and foremost), it is just the statement of "Just Block" is a terrible bit of attitude for refuting something.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:16:20 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 08:12:23 pm »
The armor changes have really made the longbow the only significantly worthwhile bow.  I like using other bows, but the cut damage means it takes half again as many arrows to kill someone as it used too, while longbows and all xbows can kill even easier than before.
nerf longbow  :mrgreen:

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 08:23:56 pm »
+3
I actually have the audacity to expect my armour to help me last longer before dying and potentially take out a man then focus on the next if I am lucky.
Which it does.  Even more so now.

Alternatively, if I mess up a swing, I would like to be able to move so his return swipe glances on me since I don't have enough time to dodge.
Which you can, though less effortlessly and less accidentally.

I mainly typed my response above because I found the advice rather idiotic, as "just block" means why wear armour of any type then if you can "just block." Hell, why use shields against arrows since you can "just dodge."
My response was inspired by the general feeling that people wish to use armour as a crutch to compensate for their lack of finesse.  The soak mechanic rewards skill.  Why is this a bad thing?