Poll

How does every one think the armor should be.

Change armor back to what it used to be.
Leave armor how it is now with the new never glance system.

Author Topic: QQ about armor.  (Read 5636 times)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
QQ about armor.
« on: August 01, 2011, 02:55:23 am »
+10
I was a long time heavy armor player, after the changes seems that even the heaviest of armors will fail to cause a powerstrike 1 wooden sword from glancing even when moving with the blow. I would like to ask humbly that the glancing be returned is it not enough that heavy armor nerfs my wpf and run speed making me slow and predictable ontop of costing a boat ton of cash. I spent a very long time learning how to fight in heavy armor learning when a blow would glance if I moved with it to time an attack. I would trade all damage soaking properties of my armor just to have the glance chances returned. I can no longer fufill my mental fantasy of being a big heavy armor juggernaut able to use my armor to my advantage. I emplore the chadz and crew to rethink this change or atleast make the heavy armor more appealing for its price beyond use vs allies and archers, as is it is more of a hinderance in melee than a use.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: QQ about armor.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 03:05:21 am »
+3
I was a long time heavy armor player, after the changes seems that even the heaviest of armors will fail to cause a powerstrike 1 wooden sword from glancing even when moving with the blow. I would like to ask humbly that the glancing be returned is it not enough that heavy armor nerfs my wpf and run speed making me slow and predictable ontop of costing a boat ton of cash. I spent a very long time learning how to fight in heavy armor learning when a blow would glance if I moved with it to time an attack. I would trade all damage soaking properties of my armor just to have the glance chances returned. I can no longer fufill my mental fantasy of being a big heavy armor juggernaut able to use my armor to my advantage. I emplore the chadz and crew to rethink this change or atleast make the heavy armor more appealing for its price beyond use vs allies and archers, as is it is more of a hinderance in melee than a use.

this pretty much. IMO now even a puny agi peasant can take on a full plated behemoth, the glances were a big part of the appeal of shelling out money for plate. Soak is pretty useless since most deaths are caused by gangbangs by lots of people, survivng an extra hit or 2 doesnt matter if you're stunlocked

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:06:34 am »
Chorin agrees.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:07:52 am »
I really didn't expect any support I always feel alone as a turtle. I figured I would just get snide remarks like l2p and learn to block. I would say I am slightly above average but I am no mega awesome dueler etc. I however was a very good heavy plate player. I had almost all but perfected causing glances with plate and learning who and what I couldn't cause to glance.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 03:12:54 am »
you and me both Linden, i was having so much fun glancing the fuck out of people, now i have to play like a fuckign AGI build and try to outfootwork people :(

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 03:13:46 am »
+1
I am Commander Bobthehero and this is my favorite suggestion of this board.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 03:24:49 am »
Went from heavy kuyak and mail gloves to lordly cuir and lordly wisbys, feels like godmode now, arrows taking 20% hp away, 1hs 10-30%, 1handers glancing up at messed up angles.. I think its doing its job.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 03:42:36 am »
i have the same lordly set, 1h never glances on me and crossbows still take out 95% of my health. Longbows/warbows deal 40-60%. I don't know who you're playing against but in NA that shit don't fly

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 03:45:35 am »
Right now game heavily favors str builds and this was a big and needed equalizer.  It is quite foolish from a game design perspective that 1 stat gives you both DAMAGE & SURVIVABILITY.  Without some major changes I dont see them reverting to original values.

Note
*make 3rd attribute: constitution and move HP & ironflesh to it.  so the guys in plate dont automatically wind up with 25% more HP than non plate wearers

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 03:52:24 am »
i have the same lordly set, 1h never glances on me and crossbows still take out 95% of my health. Longbows/warbows deal 40-60%. I don't know who you're playing against but in NA that shit don't fly

Well I have 24str and 4IF...  and xbows take away around 60-80% depends. And warbows/longbows only deal 40-60% with speedbonus. (me riding my pony)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:53:32 am by Mtemtko »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 04:10:49 am »
Speed bonus is a bitch, got oneshotted by heavy xbow in full plate on whorsie :(

Anyways, the soak values...on one hand it leaves more space for your personal error, as you can withstand one or two slashes more, but the situation when i bash on a guy with medium armor with 8PS and i need to hit him 3-5 times in before i down him, yet i fall down after 2-3 onehander slashes while i wear around 50body armor, wtf?

For 1hers barely anything changed, if you wanted to be serious, you had enuff PS not to glance, but for 2her the change hurt like hell.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:12:22 am by Cepeshi »

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 04:15:41 am »
+11111111111111111111111111111111111111111
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 06:34:33 am »
How is it that 5PS mighty swiss halberd bounces on armors if a wooden sword with 1ps doesn't? You're just writing bs.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 07:17:09 am »
How is it that 5PS mighty swiss halberd bounces on armors if a wooden sword with 1ps doesn't? You're just writing bs.

i have not bounced a single time on my 4PS agi spammer

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 07:44:01 am »
Bounces can still happen with any weapon and any powerstrike you just now have to be at the absolute start of their swing or end of their swing it is such an extreme reduction in glance from dmg that the only way to force glances is from being at the end or very start of a swing area it is never caused by armor reduction now it seems.