Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 163134 times)

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #1035 on: November 25, 2011, 08:07:54 am »
To get me killed and what else? The point is that at the beginning of the quest my character had no idea about Mercer being evil and stuff and regardless had zero incentive to turn off the brain for the sake of accompanying into a death trap.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 25, 2011, 08:15:48 am »
To get me killed and what else? The point is that at the beginning of the quest my character had no idea about Mercer being evil and stuff and regardless had zero incentive to turn off the brain for the sake of accompanying into a death trap.

To use you as a meat shield for the first arrow. As Karliah says, fighting Mercer would have been a death sentence for her. All Mercer wanted was the for the PC to get hit and then die, which was a reasonable assumption seeing as Karliah is a master marksman.

Your character had no idea about Mercer being evil, exactly. But he is your leader. So what exactly are you complaining about? If you don't like the options he gives, you don't have to do the quest. No one is forcing you to accompany him into a death trap.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #1037 on: November 25, 2011, 11:00:31 am »
To use you as a meat shield for the first arrow. As Karliah says, fighting Mercer would have been a death sentence for her. All Mercer wanted was the for the PC to get hit and then die, which was a reasonable assumption seeing as Karliah is a master marksman.

Your character had no idea about Mercer being evil, exactly. But he is your leader. So what exactly are you complaining about? If you don't like the options he gives, you don't have to do the quest. No one is forcing you to accompany him into a death trap.

I finished that part last night and I have to say I didn't really mind the linearity that it forced on you there although I did feel like I was pointlessly there when I would be sneaking along, fire a single arrow into a Draugr and he'd just scream something, charge in, wipe out an entire room while i'm still coming round the corner sneaking only to find everything dead and him standing there shrugging his shoulders saying something about it not being a fight, but an execution. I just kept telling myself that I was moral support, standing by the sidelines cheering although I did think something was up when he said "you lead", him being the leader of the Thieves Guild and all.

I quite enjoyed that quest line to be honest and the linearity is needed in a way because otherwise you're just going to end up running in circles really not knowing what you're supposed to be doing, gamers can be stupid at times and some need guidance, for me, it didn't detract at all, although killing Mercer was a little bit disappointing because he just kept turning invisible and running away each time I shouted at him and shot him while he was on the floor.

The major thing I don't quite understand with the game is that everyone is supposed to be religious and have some sort of afterlife, originally I was going to the Nordic place (Svar something), then I became a werewolf and i'm hunting with some guy, now i've sold my soul to serve something in life and death, therefore does that make me imortal because there will be some lawsuit over where I will spend my afterlife..?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 25, 2011, 01:21:48 pm »

This doesnt explain :

1. Why Lydia can't come.
2. The actual moment of ambush. Mercer couldnt really predict that I. it's going to be the player who gets shot and II, that Karliah instead of just fucking shooting Mercer from cover (she had just one arrow or wtf?) decides to start making speeches and letting him live.

It's just a really poorly arranged quest and it's not the only one. There isn't a single quest in this game aside from assasinating the emperor (which will be memorable for me only due to my own invention of playing a Hitman minigame) that will be remembered by me, it's all just disguised [get there, kill x, get loot, come back.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #1039 on: November 25, 2011, 01:28:43 pm »
its obvious that she cant come because she is at risk to get shot first while he wants YOU to get shot first.Also you have to go in first, so you are always gettign hsot first
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 25, 2011, 01:40:14 pm »
This doesnt explain :

1. Why Lydia can't come.
2. The actual moment of ambush. Mercer couldnt really predict that I. it's going to be the player who gets shot and II, that Karliah instead of just fucking shooting Mercer from cover (she had just one arrow or wtf?) decides to start making speeches and letting him live.

It's just a really poorly arranged quest and it's not the only one. There isn't a single quest in this game aside from assasinating the emperor (which will be memorable for me only due to my own invention of playing a Hitman minigame) that will be remembered by me, it's all just disguised [get there, kill x, get loot, come back.

1. Because he doesn't need Lydia, and he probably doesn't want anyone else around to be potentially turned against him.
2. Of course he could predict that it's the player who gets shot - he very specifically asks the player to lead for that reason. And as the player sees, Mercer has closed in on Karliah.. and says "do you honestly think you can shoot me before I kill you?" or something along those lines...
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 25, 2011, 08:18:27 pm »
+1
I can understand where Kesh is coming from with this game. The elder scrolls to me has been about freedom to role-play the hero for that particular setting and making steady progression or deciding I want to break the game mechanics and abuse x5 stat raises and alchemy/enchanting/spellmaking, or do both.

As it stands right now they've polished the exterior to a shine, when it's not glitching out, and removed everything under the hood while setting up one scripted event per town you visit as you enter the front gates. As far as I can tell your character runs off of different underlying mechanics then the rest of the NPCs unlike Morrowind where each one had their own level, stats and skills to match your own. I can't finish the game, pin-point the over-arching key elements, and start a new character and finish the game in 10 minutes by fulfilling certain key story requirements.

In general the game just went from a sandbox to explore to an amusement park where you have to wait 40 minutes minimum for each ride, even the fucking merry-go round.
And how!

Offline Kunio

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Only MEB can nerf me!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Kunio
« Reply #1042 on: November 27, 2011, 09:40:16 am »
+2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Sons of Skyrim - Metal Cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyCFuP3rM2w&feature=related

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:44:52 am by Kunio »
çok samimi şakalı komikli bi ortam vardı

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 27, 2011, 08:28:45 pm »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #1044 on: November 27, 2011, 08:38:58 pm »
+1
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square. now, ima go make a new Skyrim char
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #1045 on: November 28, 2011, 08:40:42 pm »
Playing one of the infamous races because it looks awesome!

(click to show/hide)

Shame you can't dye armour =/

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #1046 on: November 29, 2011, 02:37:00 am »
Playing one of the infamous races because it looks awesome!

(click to show/hide)

Shame you can't dye armour =/

The Elven armour makes me shudder. Really don't like it. Probably would look better if you could dye it. I only wore it because it was the next step up in armour and I'm a wood elf. I quite liked glass armour and the nightingale armour. But now I have this:

(click to show/hide)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 29, 2011, 03:25:10 am »
The Elven armour makes me shudder. Really don't like it. Probably would look better if you could dye it. I only wore it because it was the next step up in armour and I'm a wood elf. I quite liked glass armour and the nightingale armour. But now I have this:

(click to show/hide)

Boooooring. Seriously at Light Armored Peeps. Just get Heavy Armor instead.

And then get 70 Heavy Armor and choose the Perk that makes your armor weightless and doesn't give you any speed penalties.

Problem solved. Daedric Armor is waaaay cooler. Praise be to the 17 Daedric Princes! I love Morag Bal btw :D

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 29, 2011, 03:26:34 am »
Have my own little display area in my house in Markath where i've put all Daedric Artifacts i've earned so far and won't stop till i gotten em all. As well as cool Regular Daedric Gear at the walls and etc etc.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
« Reply #1049 on: November 29, 2011, 03:45:08 am »
Have my own little display area in my house in Markath where i've put all Daedric Artifacts i've earned so far and won't stop till i gotten em all. As well as cool Regular Daedric Gear at the walls and etc etc.

Markath house is the only one I didnt bother to get. Does it have alot of display cases etc?
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee