Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 162792 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #750 on: November 19, 2011, 03:08:59 am »
You know that one under the Honningbrew meadery?That one who plans to make a giant army of Skeevers and rule the World?

HE fucking 3shot me all the times, even though Iam the fucking archmage.I think he casts thunderbolts at you....endlessly.That guy is a real hard enemy(Unless you are so smart to stagger him with dual casted Frost bolts or something all the time, but I wasnt so smart at that time :P)

:O At the meadery outside Whiterun?

Never knew that :O Love adventures like this :P But i dunno if my Breton Mage can take him hmm. Specialized in Lightning spells and got a magic rest 10 percent ring lol.

By the way, how do i fix hotkeys for items/spells?

I've tried favorite the items by pressing F and then going to favorites and pressing 1-9 numbers keys to issue it a hotkey but..doesn't work. =(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #751 on: November 19, 2011, 03:24:13 am »
You know that one under the Honningbrew meadery?That one who plans to make a giant army of Skeevers and rule the World?

HE fucking 3shot me all the times, even though Iam the fucking archmage.I think he casts thunderbolts at you....endlessly.That guy is a real hard enemy(Unless you are so smart to stagger him with dual casted Frost bolts or something all the time, but I wasnt so smart at that time :P)

That one was a bitch for me. But for me he was primarily a fire user, not bolts. But his fire could kill me in 2 hits. So I loaded up on ebony arrows, stacked the resist fire potions, cast my frost shout at him and then pumped as many arrows as I could into him as fast as I could. Resist fire potions were surprisingly effective.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 19, 2011, 04:55:29 am »
Havent had any hard fights so far. AI is terrible, it's true that many mobs can just one-shot me (like Draugr Deathlords with their shout, or whatevers is the name of highest tier zombies) but they fail even at pathfinding. All mages really start to fail when you just pop out of cover to loose arrow and hide again, they just stand there, cast their spell where they saw you last time or even dont cast at all because they cant see you anymore. Same for dragons.

Also, rogue gameplay gets really easy once you get 30x damage bonus when backstabbing and predators cloak nightingale cloak of shadows. I imagine that straightforward open combat warrior characters may have problems at times.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #753 on: November 19, 2011, 05:04:15 am »
Just finished Forbidden Legend Quest, its been laying around for a while damn I'm happy it was. That second boss (archer one making ninja clones) is imba

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #754 on: November 19, 2011, 09:25:06 am »
Havent had any hard fights so far. AI is terrible, it's true that many mobs can just one-shot me (like Draugr Deathlords with their shout, or whatevers is the name of highest tier zombies) but they fail even at pathfinding. All mages really start to fail when you just pop out of cover to loose arrow and hide again, they just stand there, cast their spell where they saw you last time or even dont cast at all because they cant see you anymore. Same for dragons.

Also, rogue gameplay gets really easy once you get 30x damage bonus when backstabbing and predators cloak nightingale cloak of shadows. I imagine that straightforward open combat warrior characters may have problems at times.

But it sure is fun as hell being the stealthy troll one shotting things with a dagger because of 15x damage multiplier  :lol:.

EDIT: I love Elder Scrolls game quirky - not quite done AI sometimes. I was traveling along and came across one of those towers with a bandit fort around it, I sneaked up and studied the defenses. I saw a Rabbit come close to the fort and a bandit archer on one of the little watch towers started shooting at it, missing badly. Then suddenly a crazy orc bandit comes sprinting out of the fort and chases the rabbit into the forest where I follow, I sneak up on him after he has killed it and I hear him talking about how he warned the rabbit to hand over its gold or else  :lol:. Then I one hitted him and the tower archer with my bow.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:10:17 am by Leesin »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 19, 2011, 10:13:07 am »
But it sure is fun as hell being the stealthy troll one shotting things with a dagger because of 15x damage multiplier  :lol:.

EDIT: I love Elder Scrolls game quirky - not quite done AI sometimes. I was traveling along and came across one of those towers with a bandit fort around it, I sneaked up and studied the defenses. I saw a Rabbit come close to the fort and a bandit archer on one of the little watch towers started shooting at it, missing badly. Then suddenly a crazy orc bandit comes sprinting out of the fort and chases the rabbit into the forest where I follow, I sneak up on him after he has killed it and I hear him talking about how he warned the rabbit to hand over its gold or else  :lol:. Then I one hitted him and the tower archer with my bow.

Yeah looked at sneak skills list and was like at the top...WTF 15x damage with daggers in sneak mode? GTFO lol.

My archer is still there but i've started a new char as a mage Breton. Pretty fun dual casting.

I might go Assassin on my 3rd char but i really really doubt i'll go Full Melee like Shielder 1 handed, 2handed etc etc.

It's so boring just hitting slashing, stabbing everything up close and meh. Good thing Mages are flexible with their spells and archers..well..archers are lolzy.

Fuck Warriors and their melee!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #756 on: November 19, 2011, 01:09:32 pm »
+1
Fuck Warriors and their melee!

And this is why warband became gay
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 19, 2011, 01:31:35 pm »
And this is why warband became gay

Good thing there's no lolstabbers in Skyrim and it's SP eh?  :wink:

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #758 on: November 19, 2011, 02:35:40 pm »
Just finished Forbidden Legend Quest, its been laying around for a while damn I'm happy it was. That second boss (archer one making ninja clones) is imba

Yeah, that one was a bitch.

Although the last fight wasnt much easier, really.

I wonder why that Archer idiot is the only guy who can knock you over with his Fusroda shout, never happened to me before.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #759 on: November 19, 2011, 03:13:10 pm »
Yeah, that one was a bitch.

Although the last fight wasnt much easier, really.

I wonder why that Archer idiot is the only guy who can knock you over with his Fusroda shout, never happened to me before.

Yeah its so annoying be tossed around like a midget, worse shit was it makes you drop your weapon too I've lost my orcish maul in the first encounter then I forged a new Epic Glass BattleAxe (aka Mega Penis) that paralyses the enemy for few seconds then he was less annoying. If you are forging your own weapons give an unusually long name which makes it easier to find on the ground.
For people who haven't done this quest :
(click to show/hide)

Tip : If you still haven't realized yet, the order of the seals for the doors are carved on the dragon claws, you can check it in your inventory.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:20:52 pm by Noctivagant »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 19, 2011, 03:35:09 pm »
teeth beeing mad at everything like usual

Gaming=more grey matter=more emotional=more mad at everything, seems to make sense.
I am as chill as a breeze, I never get mad. I'm just a cynical bastard.

I don't really get your reasoning. If you game, you're smart, if you're smart, you're more emotional, if you're more emotional, you're more mad at everything?

wat

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #761 on: November 19, 2011, 03:49:13 pm »
I am as chill as a breeze, I never get mad. I'm just a cynical bastard.

I don't really get your reasoning. If you game, you're smart, if you're smart, you're more emotional, if you're more emotional, you're more mad at everything?

wat

Well its not my reasoning, the studies and that shit claims that, I'm just trying to find out myself if they are true. Also emotional may go into many ways, some just become alot more aggressive

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 19, 2011, 04:05:44 pm »
Well its not my reasoning, the studies and that shit claims that, I'm just trying to find out myself if they are true. Also emotional may go into many ways, some just become alot more aggressive
There is a connection between gaming and intelligence? I know tons of morons that game.

Anyway, why the hell is everything in Skyrim and rpg's in general underground? Who thought of dungeons being fun? I just walk past tons of dungeons cause I can't be arsed to move through corridors for an hour killing the same enemy in different rooms.

If they have a shit ton of graphical power, why don't they use that to create more surface areas where you have to fight in. The dungeon concept should have been gone from gaming by now, I can see it being necesarry in the old days, but now, just make decent fights and locations on the surface.

Dungeons are an easy way out for the designers. Not sure how to make this quest properly time consuming? Put it in a dungeon, make a dozen rooms and put 3 enemies in every room. Put a tougher version of the same enemy in the last room with the quest item and voila, you have a quest.

Although some dungeons are visually appealing, most of them are just very similar. They made about 5 dungeon styles and used them to create like what? A hundred? No wonder it has so many hours when it's so easy to create new quests and areas. Make one little door on the surface and put an enormous streak of corridors behind it, which wouldve brought you halfway the map on the surface, but actually have moved you only a tiny bit when you get out.

I'd rather have a 20 hour game that has thought and clever design put into the quest than a 200 hours long dungeon crawler. It's a pity the quest design doesn't hold up to the rest of the game, a game is only as good as its weakest aspect.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:07:09 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline SepChu

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 19, 2011, 04:31:15 pm »
513 damage wut? Is it because of level scaling?

Alchemy 100, Enchanting 100, Blacksmithing 100.
Perfect alchemy equipment to make perfect enchanting and blacksmithing potions.
Perfect Enchanting to make the Alchemy and Smithing equipment.

Drink your potions right before smithing/enchanting. :P
(╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 19, 2011, 04:56:16 pm »
i prefer "tgm", it's faster