Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 162622 times)

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #465 on: November 14, 2011, 06:48:03 pm »
been playing on the middle difficulty, but it really gets too easy, dragons cant even touch me, i actually punched one to death with my fists

can I change the difficulty on a started game or do I need to restart??
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 14, 2011, 06:51:39 pm »
been playing on the middle difficulty, but it really gets too easy, dragons cant even touch me, i actually punched one to death with my fists

can I change the difficulty on a started game or do I need to restart??

You can change the difficulty at any time. And yeah, the normal dragons are weak. Blood dragons are much more difficult, and actually fight more like you'd expect a dragon to fight. Once, one refused to land at all, only breathing fire at me :(
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #467 on: November 14, 2011, 06:56:25 pm »
+1
Adept is the least you should choose if you want a challenging game at all.

I played on Adept for most of the time, but now I went apprentice.I like beeing a God ingame.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #468 on: November 14, 2011, 06:57:26 pm »
Yeah, Blood Dragons are fun. As Xant said, they behave more like you'd expect them to, and they also have additional shouts rather than just the standard breath.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 14, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »
I'm playing on adept  :oops:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 14, 2011, 08:06:46 pm »
I started out thinking to be a die hard mage. It took me about two hours of playing to realise that I already had spells to start with, I thought I needed to get them still, had been fighting with a greatsword till then. My twohander skill was like 30 or something. Now I'm easily ten hours further into the game and my destruction skill is still only like 35. I constantly use destruction spells.

My twohander skill seems to increase way faster although I have the mage guardian stone activated from the get go. Still my twohander does a shitload more damage than my firebolts, which I have additional perks in. I really get the feeling twohander is just a lot better than magic. Dragons are a bitch to fight, until I whip out my twohander and kill them in a few swings.

Anyone else got launched like above a mountain when a giant hit next to their feet. I always have that, well out of two times it happened. I just soar into the sky lightning fast.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #471 on: November 14, 2011, 08:14:56 pm »
Lol man 2h is probably the hardest to play atleast on high diff. When you block you mitigate shit dmg, you have to wait for dragons to actualy land to melee them, then you have to run to them while they breather fire/ice in your face and finaly when you get to them you can make 1-2 swings before they literaly eat you. Not to mention every single spellcaster owned me untill i got the warp shout, you just can get to them on time. But now with wirlwind im getting my revenge :P
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #472 on: November 14, 2011, 08:22:22 pm »
Vs hordes of lesser enemies - melee is king.

Vs big things, ranged is boss.

I played 2h until I met my forst dragons/frost trolls/giants.

Now I'm a 2h/archer hybrid :p

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 14, 2011, 08:26:27 pm »
+1
Melee gets really cool at higher levels, when you get all the cool perks and blocking starts to block pretty much all of the damage. Also, the shield perk that blocks 50% of frost/shock/fire damage is epic. Put up your shield and walk towards the mage.. or put it up and endure a dragon's breath attack! Just like knights in the dragon tales, it makes so much sense!

And this game's unique areas and quests still continue to amaze me, almost 40 hours in the game and still finding completely new stuff. Anyone else done the House of Horrors quest?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #474 on: November 14, 2011, 08:30:58 pm »
Have you guys met uncle Sanguine?

I sold a goat to a giant wtf
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 14, 2011, 08:31:33 pm »
I think I'm just going to start a new mage character. I shouldn't have picked the Nord class, magicka regen is fucking me up, turns out race matters more than I thought. Still surprised I managed to do fine as a pure mage so far. I doubt I can muster the attention span to do a second playthrough so I better make this first one count. Time for a restart as a high elf, now that I actually understand something of this game.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 14, 2011, 08:34:42 pm »
you gotta put it on expert for any challenge, master is a bit too hard imo. I did turn it down to adept on some of the main quest boss fights since I was getting like 2 shotted. just press f5 alot tbh.

yeah I'm wrong I am noticing some scale, draug or w/e they are called scale alot. infact at one point I am vs 3 dragons and bunch of draug at same time, and dragons inconsistent AI meant draug were the only real threat.

actually 2h felt alot easier to me on expert difficulty but I liked the look of shield perks so I went for them. I defintely find 2h enmies aswell MUCH harder to fight, they can decap me currently with powerattacks even when I am about 60+ hp left.

I think I'm just going to start a new mage character. I shouldn't have picked the Nord class, magicka regen is fucking me up, turns out race matters more than I thought. Still surprised I managed to do fine as a pure mage so far. I doubt I can muster the attention span to do a second playthrough so I better make this first one count. Time for a restart as a high elf, now that I actually understand something of this game.

I went nord just for RP value, but actually breton is the master race. 25% resistant to all magic is the shit. armour seemingly does nothing vs magic. once per day spells well 20 hours on my nord and never bothered using, and the starting skill bonuses mean dick all. its all about the passives, and bretons is way the best. even tho breton is supposed to be a mage race, its 100% the best race for any type of character imo.

PS: after beating main quest someone said dragons are 50% harder, but I haven't really noticed any change anywhere. think it might effect empire vs rebels quests but yet to know for sure.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 08:40:34 pm by Banok »

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 14, 2011, 08:42:38 pm »
But the high elf class has a bonus to magicka regen, now that I think about it, I assumed it was a passive bonus, is it? So you think the best race for a pure mage would also be Breton?

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #478 on: November 14, 2011, 09:04:52 pm »
Just realized i had a disease that was taking away 25% prof with melee weps....
Just a soldier

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 14, 2011, 09:36:36 pm »
Just realized i had a disease that was taking away 25% prof with melee weps....

You can turn vampire in this game right? How is it in comparison to Lolblivion? As bad or better?