Author Topic: Fighting for the Bandits  (Read 4462 times)

Offline Wanderer8

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting for the Bandits
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 07:23:53 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Very reliable. Took me 30 seconds using paint. Could have done better if I took the time. But i suppose you want multiple people from both sides of the battle to post and/or also to get the admins involved. Unless I'm wrong and the the list of people who played/were enlisted is publically available even after the battle ends.

You realize a public banlist will get so long that it'll just become tedious finding names. Having to ctrl f and look up every single person will be fun. Not to mention the time it'll take to do updates, just imagine having to listen to people's excuses because there is a world outside of c-rpg and things happen.

Be more professional. Get TS. Do a role call. No matter how big the banlist gets there will always be more people and it'll save you the trouble of raging in the future.

*edited cause i suck with uploading images
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:04:25 pm by Wanderer8 »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 09:05:48 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Very reliable. Took me 30 seconds using paint. Could have done better if I took the time.

Yeah, I've got nothing better to do in my life then edit battle rosters with paint. Good work lad, now take your pills and good night.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2011, 09:24:50 pm »
In case you misunderstood: i accept people much earlier but i check it right before the battle start to see if some canceled and left free spots to be filled.

Ah yes, that's better :D

Offline Wanderer8

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2011, 09:35:06 pm »
Yeah, I've got nothing better to do in my life then edit battle rosters with paint. Good work lad, now take your pills and good night.

I sense much anger in you. It all makes sense now.

Sad that you didn't understand why I was showing you that.

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2011, 10:07:45 pm »
I sense much anger in you. It all makes sense now.

Sense ? Angry ? About what ? A game ? A virtual battle ? Strategos ? Which is pretty much the same bug-filled unrealistic shit that was shut down 8 months ago ? Sorry mate but you're wrong. And your posts don't make much sense at all.

I'd never allow myself the lowdown of getting angry about a thing like this. Bandits are having a great time, you know, on our TS there is only fun and laughter. If not for the lads i wouldn't even be playing this beta version of Strategos but they got me into it since I'm one of the few who was playing the old one and they wanted to see how it is. It took me a week to see that so far its same shit as before - people lying to each other over a shitty game lol, making "alliances", backstabbing each other, making these ridiculous "claims", getting insulted over nothing, all in all - taking the game a bit too serious. Game itself is far from perfect but people aren't really improving it much with their silly behavior. Not to mention that it is completely biased to larger clans which means Bandits have no business here whatsoever. As far as I'm concerned (and i speak for most of the Bandits) we know that we are too small to make any serious impact but we don't care at all about what happens in this Strategos, we're having a good laugh over most of these things and that's what we will continue doing. When (and if) they make a proper version of Strategos where you wont be needing 70+ active players to survive and make an impact and when our role-play becomes at least a bit viable then we might try it out with just a bit more serious approach (but not too serious).
Last but not the least: my post about people who failed to show up for my battle was not to make them look bad, i already wrote that I'm certain most of 'em had good reasons not to show up and i already explained it in another post why I'm putting it up in the first place so i wont repeat it but we all know it has nothing to do with anger. I'm trying to help solve this issue somehow, maybe my way of putting it up was not the best but its a start, people are at least talking about it. Not all of us can take things so serious to assemble people in TS half an hour before the battle and count them up and compare the rosters.......I don't wanna do it, i want to be able to trust people who signed up that they will show up and that we will have some good fun without having to check each and everyone of them but obviously I'm asking for too much, especially when you look at people like BADPLAYER.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2011, 10:35:10 pm »
I dislike the idea of a public* name & shame list, but a semi-public* list is fine, and have been common practice in the past.

(*1 Where clans/random-people get together and posts very unreliable screen-shots of people not showing up for battles)
(*2 Clans post who is not showing up to their battle, on their own forum-page)

Offline Wanderer8

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 04:41:47 am »
Oh i finally have a suggestion. How about two levels of rosters. The trusted roster, for clan mates/people that you know 100% will show up, and a second first come/first serve roster. In the second roster you can sign up say 20 people but only ten of them can be let in the serve. It'll be a first come first serve sort of bases where only the first ten who login to the server can make it. Not sure how well it'll work but it's an idea.

To Gnjus,

Also the point of my picture previous post was not to point out that you personally would change a list but to show how easy it is for ANYONE to change a list. If you were to make a public banlist then I'm assuming just about any clan leader can post and add to it and you have to remember there's a lot of people that play the game. How are you going to decide who to trust?

Hopefully that was clear enough.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 05:16:15 pm »
(click to show/hide)
No offence but this is a bunch of grumpy overexaggerated whining . I can name numerous clans from previous Strategus that were considerably smaller than others and managed to make an impact in the global politics and survived. A perfect example would be the 22nd . 

Maybe if you've actually changed your approach you would've realised that "people lying to each other over a shitty game lol, making "alliances", backstabbing each other, making these ridiculous "claims", getting insulted over nothing" is what keeps this game going and why people are so attracted to it in the first place. This and the battles, yes.But without politics (backstabbing,alliances,claims, insults,plots etc) there would've been no battles. And if you play your cards right, even a clan with 20 members can play an important role. But it all lies in the hands of that clan's leaders.

Nobody's judging you if you wanna keep playing it "for shits and giggles", but don't cover it up with throwing piles of mud at other factions that actually play it more seriously. They consider their playstyle "fun" too.

P.S. and i think chadz has stated many times that Strategus was re-launched mainly to test the battles and that it will most probably be getting updates on the go. No need for some extra whining here.

Offline Olwen

• Earl
  • Renown: 419
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • A shadow among others
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 05:24:28 pm »
when i was leading Mercs in last strategus we took more territory than most of the factions ... we had 1 fief/active member, more than 1 fief/active member in the end we had like 3-4 guys with at least 2 fiefs
it's quite doable

and without alliance
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:26:58 pm by Olwen »

Offline Gnjus

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 05:24:35 pm »
P.S. and i think chadz has stated many times that Strategus was re-launched mainly to test the battles and that it will most probably be getting updates on the go. No need for some extra whining here.

Exactly. We lost a village due to a bug and we didn't whine at all, i just wrote it to be noted and nothing more. Also, i don't see a single piece of whining here, i was responding to the guy above who said that we were angry or something, while it is clearly not true. We're still laughing at our TeamSpeak even after today's loss so.....no offense but you are wrong. And i don't go into other people's approach, i don't give a damn how serious you or anyone else approaches this game, you can do whatever you like and have fun with it but this guy questioned mine so i explained it to him. If you don't like it its not my problem.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:54 pm »
these turks appeared naked  :cry:
they show no respect to us. that saddens me

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth