Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 33504 times)

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2011, 12:07:11 am »
Dang, must hunt that fella down.

He was 22nd...since the entire cRPG part of the TW forum was taken down I don't' remember his name.

FUCK I voted for zealot instead. +1 to ecko. Wish I could switch votes...

The poll does not matter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2011, 12:12:10 am »

He was 22nd...since the entire cRPG part of the TW forum was taken down I don't' remember his name.

The poll doesn't matter? See and here I thought the community's opinion always mattered.

Derp?

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2011, 12:12:48 am »
+4
To the members of LLJK - Shut the fuck up, stop posting please god!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2011, 12:13:20 am »

Poor fella.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2011, 12:14:31 am »

The goons, doing what there best at.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2011, 12:23:13 am »
The poll doesn't matter? See and here I thought the community's opinion always mattered.

Derp?

If there's one external person that I'd first and foremost let the NA server run, it's Ecko. This is in no way an attempt to "overthrow" you or something.

But the NA community got weird lately. Lots of quarrels, lots of fighting, be it verbally or with actions. This is no good, not at all. So the offer to receive a totally neutral NA server was like the best thing that could happen. And I gladly accepted.

People claimed that we, the devs, didn't care for NA enough, and I think it was true. That's why we are looking forward to expanding our staff with NA admins and NA betatesters and whatnot.

Bottom line: it's better if strategus is run officially, than by a clan. Any clan.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2011, 12:28:17 am »
ALMOST...TO...PAGE...SEVENTEEN
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2011, 12:39:45 am »
Almost!

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2011, 12:46:58 am »
ALMOST...TO...PAGE...SEVENTEEN

50 posts per page = only 5 pages :p

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #234 on: July 15, 2011, 12:52:03 am »
50 posts per page = only 5 pages :p

Yep

Offline Damatacus_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2011, 12:56:55 am »
+1
the problem isn't that its run by a clan. If any other clan ran it, I would be fine with that. Chaos, Blackrose, NA based GK, etc. etc. they're all good folks. The problem is with Zealot. He is quite literally the last person I would ever pick to own a strategus server. You claim that ATS is accused of abusing power nearly a year ago, well just a few weeks ago zealot did one of the biggest abuses of the admin control panel in the history of c-rpg, arguably in warband. The issue that this same goon is the one who will own the server and have access to the admin passwords and everything. That is what the uproar is about.

If you cannot see the reason for concern behind that, then you must have been dropped as a child.

I just wanted to say that I was there that day when the server got reset during our strat battle. I can assure you it was just an accident, solanar reset all the servers to add new maps or something he was doing. He was not in the channel with us on vent, and he did not realize that we were in a strat battle. After it happened ecko got a hold of solanar, informed him of what had happened, and solanar came up into our channel and was very apologetic. Also, someone wrote earlier that this took place when we were losing, that is incorrect, we were never at any risk of losing, not before or after the reset.
As for the servers issue, I would not mind seeing a 2nd box for strat, and the idea of having it be official is good also. However, Ecko is a lot easier to get a hold of than chadz if something needs to be done with it. Since ecko is on very often, and always in contact with other clan leaders in the NA community. Also, I don't trust zealot at all, due to his history.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #236 on: July 15, 2011, 01:11:05 am »
I believe at this point, this image needs to posted for all those that oppose Shik running a server paid by Zealot.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2011, 01:37:56 am »
Here is a 17 min audio clip of Ecko and Gaga having it out in CHAOS Team Speak .. ahaha

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc5801a/n/eckoVsgaga.wav

Why do they keep calling him Zee-lot?
Don't.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2011, 01:41:43 am »
I just wanted to say that I was there that day when the server got reset during our strat battle. I can assure you it was just an accident, solanar reset all the servers to add new maps or something he was doing. He was not in the channel with us on vent, and he did not realize that we were in a strat battle. After it happened ecko got a hold of solanar, informed him of what had happened, and solanar came up into our channel and was very apologetic. Also, someone wrote earlier that this took place when we were losing, that is incorrect, we were never at any risk of losing, not before or after the reset.
As for the servers issue, I would not mind seeing a 2nd box for strat, and the idea of having it be official is good also. However, Ecko is a lot easier to get a hold of than chadz if something needs to be done with it. Since ecko is on very often, and always in contact with other clan leaders in the NA community. Also, I don't trust zealot at all, due to his history.

I was there too. True ATS was going to win the siege but.... they had sustained very heavy casualties and lost a lot of gear prior to the reset. The reset may have been a mistake but some horrible abuses did happen that day.
1st. ATS exploited the mistake: By the time the defenders of the NPC castle figured out what had happened and logged back in the defenders spawn was already being camped by ATS players. ATS never secured the spawn prior to the reset. This turned a costly victory into flawless one.
2nd Worst of all: ATS muzzled the communities response to this error. Anyone who brought it up on an ATS server(which at the time was the only NA cRPG server) was kicked, and posts in the forums in regards to this topic were removed.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:47:25 am by Mannhammer »

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 15, 2011, 01:42:12 am »
+1
As for the servers issue, I would not mind seeing a 2nd box for strat, and the idea of having it be official is good also. to be done with it. Since ecko is on very often, and always in contact with other clan leaders in the NA community. Also, I don't trust zealot at all, due to his history.

Except that the NA servers rely on donations, and Ecko could not affort the setup Zealot is bringing to the plate. Zealot is getting great unmatchable deals. We can literally get no better then this. In general. About anything. This is the best possible scenario for everyone. If Zealot wants to front all the cash for this, then damn, that's insanely nice of him and maybe he isn't such a bad guy really. I mean he did something wrong and stupid, and banned a hand full of people who were unbanned and back playing quickly, and he changed the server name to something cheeky which was also changed back quickly. When Ecko got there and found out that 1 person was messing around, he banned over 100 people, and held them hostage while he demanded to know where Zealot got the password. It turns out he didn't need to do that because Zealot took responsibility and gave Ecko the info he was looking for. It turned out the password was leaked by one of Eckos admins. Lax security. Woops. A few of those many banned players took a week to be unbanned. Someone will pick this apart and make more car analogies (I hope they do) but the simple fact is, no matter what happened, we are getting more then we could ever hope for, and we are getting it at literally 0 cost and 0 risk to ourselves. I have no clue how people can be against that when it has been repeated over and over that chadz is running it and Zealot is only paying the bill. I'd much rather have an impartial server then a clan leader playing emperor. It's important that everyone get more sides of the story then just that of Ecko, or ATS. Even though in the end all that matters is what chadz wants, which he has already made clear.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:44:10 am by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.