Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 35911 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #255 on: July 15, 2011, 03:22:24 am »
I don't think Zealot can pay for all the slots by himself, so tell me, who will?

Zealot and one other guy whose name I have forgotten will shoulder the entire burden, because they are just that nice.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 15, 2011, 03:22:57 am »
Zealot and one other guy whose name I have forgotten will shoulder the entire burden, because they are just that nice.

Is this sarcasm? Wylker, by the way, nothing is for certain right now on that topic, we're still discussing it (On the topic of the second dedicated for Strategus, I mean).

Anyway, once again: Shut the fuck up LLJK, just for good measure.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:27:20 am by Classical »

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #257 on: July 15, 2011, 03:23:12 am »
I don't think Zealot can pay for all the slots by himself, so tell me, who will?
And you're privy to Zealot's finances how?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #258 on: July 15, 2011, 03:27:01 am »
Is this sarcasm? Wylker, by the way, nothing is for certain right now on that topic, we're still discussing it.

Anyway, once again: Shut the fuck up LLJK, just for good measure.

Not sarcasm... :/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:28:13 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 15, 2011, 03:28:32 am »

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 15, 2011, 03:40:05 am »
+3
Yes, I don't know about Zealot's finances. I sure don't want the mega troll who got the admin password and banned people for no reason on the main servers, gets in trouble on the LLJK server, and knows nothing about Strategus to be in charge of the box or server connection, whatever it is.

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2011, 03:43:17 am »
Personally, even as a member of ATS, I'm willing to give Zealot the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this situation. This is money out of his pocket, so if he ends up trying to troll one day, who is he really hurting? He's out hundreds of dollars and we are out $0.00. Now, that does not mean I trust him at all, and I don't think he expects us to. He pulled some major shit hardly even a month ago and every time I've played with him, he's been a complete douche. This also applies to about 80% of any other LLJK I've played with since DAY ONE of my cRPG experience. No one can deny they are mostly trolls and shitty people to play with.

That being said, I don't want some random admins that know nothing about NA players or the community to come in and start doing what everyone complains about. Yes, I too have problems with some of the people we have appointed as admins, but at least I am familiar with them. Leaders and/or figures of authority need to be personable. No one likes Mr. Smith and his posse of nameless faces to come in and start busting heads. Yes, I know he's a dev., but I don't know him, and he doesn't know me. My concern is competence. I want people who deserve their responsibilities and can handle them. Also the fact that there are already like 4 NA servers that NO ONE plays on.....

TL;DR

I support this decision to an extent. Kudos to Zealot even if he is the most scummy person I know in cRPG.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2011, 03:53:09 am »
+1
Why even risk the hassle of all that? Just have the server owned by someone else.
Why?

New admins(Better, most likely, certainly more unbiased ones)
New Sever Box
Neutral Ownership
Devs supporting NA more than ever
Possibly an event server under neutral ownership. The perfect place for me to host a Huge Multi Clan Tourney for NA, much like the EU one that I recently reffed for, that was held on EU_3. This would have been much more difficult if it were held on a public server where several different people had the admin password. Week 1 in the tourney we had an issue with passwords and it was rather hectic for the refs.

If there ARE any issues that come about from this, it falls on the Dev team to handle it and own up to it since it's an official crpg server. There isn't really much reason for NA players to be worrying about this, the person who should be most concerned is chadz, as he would be the most affected by any abuse from Zealot. chadz and the rest of the Dev team would have to spend much of their time to fix anything serious that was caused by Zealot, yet with the amount of bitching going on in this thread, you'd think everyone's fortunes are at stake.

My concern is competence. I want people who deserve their responsibilities and can handle them.
Unlike NA servers, Official servers actually have an application process of some sort. So your concerns about this can easily be put to rest. There is no better way to ensure competence than by first setting standards for your administrators.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:57:32 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2011, 03:58:27 am »
Neutral Ownership

stopped reading right there. What on EARTH would make you think Zealot is neutral?
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Rannepear

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • 我叫阿杰
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rannepear
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2011, 03:59:05 am »
It's going to happen, regardless of how the NA community, ATS and Ecko, or anyone else feels about it. However, you guys need to be more supportive of Ecko and his team. They have done a lot and everyone ignores that. Give him some credit. If anyone in NA is deserving of it, it's him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #265 on: July 15, 2011, 04:05:04 am »

stopped reading right there. What on EARTH would make you think Zealot is neutral?

I think hes referring to the fact that the admins will be crpg devs than the ownership of the box. I could be wrong though.

Either way i have no issues with LLJK paying for a box for shik/chadz to admin on.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2011, 04:10:42 am »
+2

Something about Ecko being a clan leader and Zealot being... not a clan leader? I'd say that's a good place to start at. If Ecko had set up the same sort of server so that we could have an Official NA server that he paid for, I'd call that fairly neutral as well. The point, is that it's an official server and here we have a guy whose talking about paying for the entire thing by himself. I don't know about you, but most individuals don't spend $300+ a month on a mere videogame. This alone should give him some credibility.

I think hes referring to the fact that the admins will be crpg devs than the ownership of the box. I could be wrong though.

Either way i have no issues with LLJK paying for a box for shik/chadz to admin on.
Indeed. The fact that it is an Official C-RPG server means that there will be standards to hold the admins to. More importantly, administrators will be accountable for their actions. There's one thing that the NA admins have disgustingly never had to worry about.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:12:06 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2011, 04:13:50 am »
Something about Ecko being a clan leader and Zealot being... not a clan leader? I'd say that's a good place to start at. If Ecko had set up the same sort of server so that we could have an Official NA server that he paid for, I'd call that fairly neutral as well. The point, is that it's an official server and here we have a guy whose talking about paying for the entire thing by himself. I don't know about you, but most individuals don't spend $300+ a month on a mere videogame. This alone should give him some credibility.
Indeed. The fact that it is an Official C-RPG server means that there will be standards to hold the admins to. More importantly, administrators will be accountable for their actions. There's one thing that the NA admins have disgustingly never had to worry about.

Yet couldn't it be a big troll from Zealot saying he will pay for it? Who knows if he has that money?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2011, 04:14:36 am »
Yet couldn't it be a big troll from Zealot saying he will pay for it? Who knows if he has that money?

We will find out in a week!

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2011, 04:25:32 am »

having money to burn is not an indication of a lack of bias/a lack to cause harm.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: