Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 34171 times)

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
NA Strategus Server Poll
« on: July 14, 2011, 06:05:59 pm »
Recently my NA Strategus server was disconnected from strat, here are the facts:

chadz has stated that Classical(LLJK_Zealot) will be paying for a new box to run NA strategus on. The head admin will be shik.

Now i'm all for a new box titled official servers, but i'll be damned if I see someone who did this:
(click to show/hide)

or:
(click to show/hide)

or have said:
One of the silliest things I've done, in hindsight (Realized almost instantly a half hour later by me and everyone), I should have went by a different name, etc. But at least now I can play ball with Ecko, freedom.

Time to bring the servers dowj.

Is the smartest person to let own the servers?

I've run the NA servers for almost a year. Not once have i abused power. I have asked to make my servers official, and i have asked if there was anything else i can do.

So if shik knows soooo much about the NA community, lets let them vote. Whatever the decision, i'll roll with it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Reinhardt

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • IRC nick: Reinhardt
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 06:09:08 pm »
+5
With all due respect, as much as I dislike some choices, the official NA servers should be run by Ecko and his crew.
"A leader is a dealer in hope."

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 06:09:17 pm »
+3
Gotta love NA polls. How about changing the second option to "chadz and Shik have full control over the server while Zealot only pays for it?"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:11:01 pm by Paul »

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:11:25 pm »
+14
If there's one external person that I'd first and foremost let the NA server run, it's Ecko. This is in no way an attempt to "overthrow" you or something.

But the NA community got weird lately. Lots of quarrels, lots of fighting, be it verbally or with actions. This is no good, not at all. So the offer to receive a totally neutral NA server was like the best thing that could happen. And I gladly accepted.

People claimed that we, the devs, didn't care for NA enough, and I think it was true. That's why we are looking forward to expanding our staff with NA admins and NA betatesters and whatnot.

Bottom line: it's better if strategus is run officially, than by a clan. Any clan.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:11:58 pm »
+2
Zealot wont be in charge of the server. chadz wanted to run the official NA servers himself, and Zealot is generously providing and paying for the box himself and giving it entirely to chadz to control, to run as he sees fit. Neutrally with admins he selects. I see no problem with that other then that you are throwing a tantrum. This is chadz show and his decision.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 06:12:23 pm »
If there's one external person that I'd first and foremost let the NA server run, it's Ecko. This is in no way an attempt to "overthrow" you or something.

But the NA community got weird lately. Lots of quarrels, lots of fighting, be it verbally or with actions. This is no good, not at all. So the offer to receive a totally neutral NA server was like the best thing that could happen. And I gladly accepted.

People claimed that we, the devs, didn't care for NA enough, and I think it was true. That's why we are looking forward to expanding our staff with NA admins and NA betatesters and whatnot.

Bottom line: it's better if strategus is run officially, than by a clan. Any clan.

I have said constantly that the NA Strategus server ban list will be reset when strat comes out. I also have tons of admins from various guilds beyond mine. My servers are run by me, with the whole NA community.

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 06:12:31 pm »
+2
The servers and their entirety will be run and moderated by chadz and his team of moderators, these servers are completely neutral, and I have no control over them whatsoever. Remember: they are run by chadz, not me.
Someone missed this line.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 06:17:44 pm »
since most of the problems people have with this (including me) is the owner.
Why not have the thing hosted on eckos machine, but with admins and stuff set up by devs.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »
+1
Wasn't Zealot banned for badmining?
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Cheesecake

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Slippery Cheesecake Toss Boy_ Slightly ambiguous Dingleberries etc etc
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 06:18:24 pm »
Ecko: I have no problem with you whatsoever, in fact you recently unbanned me.

However the problem is some of your admins.  Ones that ban without warning or just because they dont like someone and/or are drunk and get away with it because they donate alot of cash to keep servers up.

Clean house my friend.  It probably wouldnt have come to this.

This is just my personal opinion and I would also like to state that I appreciate everything you have done for this mod.

Enter the sundering.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 06:23:07 pm »
+6
I have said constantly that the NA Strategus server ban list will be reset when strat comes out. I also have tons of admins from various guilds beyond mine. My servers are run by me, with the whole NA community.
I know I'm one of your admins Ecko, and this could be seen as not being grateful to you for giving me admin. But I really don't see an issue with having an actual OFFICIAL NA server. It's paid for by Zealot and ran completely by the dev team and who they choose. So what you have here is an unbiased group controlling a server in NA for once. I'm glad to see it. +1 for Zealot and +1 for the dev team imo.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline wylker

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 06:24:35 pm »
+1
Ecko we've talked plenty of times and I think you're a good guy and are genuinely trying to grow the community. I also think that you have a sense of entitlement and grandeur that takes away from the good things you do. You should celebrate this server because it helps grow the community, helps get the devs involved with NA, and will help with costs of running servers overall for the community (which you should appreciate more than anyone).

Your opposition and the childish poll you posted reek of some personal crusade against an individual as well as make you look as if you don't want anyone to have any populated servers but yourself. It's not Ecko vs. the world here friend.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 06:26:24 pm »
:1

I think it could go both ways.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 06:31:19 pm by Miley »

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 06:26:52 pm »
+2
since most of the problems people have with this (including me) is the owner.
Why not have the thing hosted on eckos machine, but with admins and stuff set up by devs.

Yes please.

What do we need 3 more NA servers for anyway? (Strat, Battle and Siege?) chadz, Ecko, can't we just make the ATS servers official instead? Most people already play there. Maybe make the Siege server into an unofficial ATS whatever (battle, siege or DTV, it can rotate) and the Battle and Strat become official?

chadz, my main worry if Zealot pays for the server is that he will then have access to the box. Not the admin password, but the actual server. I feel like he could have a field day messing with stuff in there. Some examples off the top of my head:

- Big LLJK Strat battle coming up. Its key that they win or they lose a city. An hour before the battle, Zealot calls the server host and has them disconnect it. Voila, LLJK doesn't lose its castle.
- Someone Zealot or a goon friend doesn't like is having a big battle... same thing
- Someone Zealot doesn't like gets mysteriously added to the ban list (editing server files.)
- The official servers are all renamed "C-RPG_Ecko_Is_Gay"

Honestly I'm not sure I trust him. Awesome if he wants to pay for the server, but unless he's sending you money via paypal and you or another dev is handling setting up everything and paying for the servers, I can't feel comfortable with this.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 06:27:41 pm »
is this the part like in Empire Strikes Back when Lando lets the Imperials into Cloud City?

LUKE, ITS A TRAP! IT'S A TRAP!