Poll

Who should run NA Strat server

The Original NA Team (Me and the 30 others i have who help)
205 (57.7%)
LLJK_Zealot and shik
150 (42.3%)

Total Members Voted: 355

Author Topic: NA Strategus Server Poll  (Read 34271 times)

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
Re: NA Strategus Server Poll
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2011, 11:07:25 pm »
He didnt hijack the bus, he got the keys from one of the drivers (who are thereby responsible for his actions, legally)

Does not matter how he got the password, it was a clear-cut abuse. Both should be permanently banned in my opinion.

Zealot's abuse was malicious and hindered other people's enjoyment of the game. Besides, what guarantee do we have that this won't happen again next time he is drunk... except with strategus?

The simplest way to end the controversy would be what I suggested earlier: Have a paypal account that goes to chadz, and HE pays for the server directly. Why limit financial input to one person, regardless of who they are? I would put up cash to help fund the new server if given a chance, and I'm sure others would too.

I will literally put my money where my mouth is on this one. Set up a fund for chadz, let him purchase and fully control the server. That way nobody controls it directly through finances/physical ownership, and everyone wins.

Nobody has yet refuted why this solution is not rational and neutral. I would just like us all to get along so we can all kill each other in a game.

this is a completely rational and sensible solution
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2011, 11:07:37 pm »
Are you as retarded in real life as you play out to be here? <--- I'm seriously asking this by the way, its not rhetorical.

Zealot owning the server= bad idea. If someone comes in and shits all over the place, you don't reward him by giving him one of the most crucial parts of strategus. It does not matter if shik runs the server, if Zealot owns it, there will be trouble. Let someone else run it who does not have a long history of griefing.

what is wrong with your brain? do you huff industrial solvents? break brick walls with your forehead? eat glue?

zealot fucked with a server one time for laughs. no permanent damage just a few bruised egos and some drama. that does not make him unsuitable to run a server. a "long history" of griefing? stop posting
FREE ALLERS

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2011, 11:09:14 pm »
+1
He didnt hijack the bus, he got the keys from one of the drivers (who are thereby responsible for his actions, legally)

If I steal your car keys, jump in the car and realize your baby is strapped in the back seat, throw him from the window at high speeds, and then abandon the car on the side of the road, you can be sure as shit I'm going to jail for a long time.

I just wanted to get in on the metaphor.
Damn right I drink beer sideways.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2011, 11:10:03 pm »
Are you as retarded in real life as you play out to be here? <--- I'm seriously asking this by the way, its not rhetorical.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:11:19 pm by Snatch »

Offline nuffen

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Nuffen Fallen_Lilith Fallen_Little_Nuff
  • IRC nick: nuffen
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2011, 11:12:19 pm »
If I steal your car keys, jump in the car and realize your baby is strapped in the back seat, throw him from the window at high speeds, and then abandon the car on the side of the road, you can be sure as shit I'm going to jail for a long time.

I just wanted to get in on the metaphor.

I didnt realised that Zealot killed anyone IRL.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2011, 11:13:01 pm »
I knew you sounded like you were mentally handicapped when you spoke, just gave you the benefit of the doubt until now, Gaga

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:03 pm »
I knew you sounded like you were mentally handicapped when you spoke, just gave you the benefit of the doubt until now, Gaga

I am drunk!

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:16 pm »
Everyone calm down and shut up for a while, unless you're going to further analyze the car analogy. Stop pretending your opinions matter, and read this thread. It is long, it is glorious, and above all it says that there is literally NO DOWNSIDE to this. NONE. Everything will be better in every way with a dedicated new and better box devoted to strat with chadz COMPLETELY in control 100% with NO risk to you at all, instead of having Eckos server box groan as it accepts the sweaty heft of stategus, followed by Ecko saddling up and a grabbing hold of the crop whip. The only one who stands to lose anything if this doesn't work out is Zealot, and he is generously accepting that risk to benefit us all greatly.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14:25 pm »

He killed chars humans, banished them from the server life, then proceded to rape there bodies...

Yes its that terrible
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2011, 11:15:48 pm »
Thats almost it. Except the first part. The first bus was owned by Ecko Inc, and one of his drivers gave the keys to Zealot.

Wow, we pretty much have a perfect analogy now!

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2011, 11:16:53 pm »
Everyone calm down and shut up for a while, unless you're going to further analyze the car analogy. Stop pretending your opinions matter, and read this thread. It is long, it is glorious, and above all it says that there is literally NO DOWNSIDE to this. NONE. Everything will be better in every way with a dedicated new and better box devoted to strat with chadz COMPLETELY in control 100% with NO risk to you at all, instead of having Eckos server box groan as it accepts the sweaty heft of stategus, followed by Ecko saddling up and a grabbing hold of the crop whip. The only one who stands to lose anything if this doesn't work out is Zealot, and he is generously accepting that risk to benefit us all greatly.

Problem is Cheap Shot, the server will be owned by Zealot, meaning chadz is not in 100% control Zealot will have access to the server admin password, server functionality, settings, ban-lists, etc. The possibilities for abuse are endless.

The server cannot be put in Zealot's name.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2011, 11:17:06 pm »
having Eckos server box groan as it accepts the sweaty heft of stategus

Stopped reading here and had to rub one out

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2011, 11:18:28 pm »
I like the way where this is going.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2011, 11:18:57 pm »
+1
Thats almost it. Except the first part. The first bus was owned by Ecko Inc, and one of his drivers gave the keys to Zealot.

Almost. One of Ecko's drivers left the keys on the dashboard while he went to use the restroom. A random passenger on the bus used his quik-key mold kit to make a duplicate set of keys and kept them for himself. Ecko's driver, having returned to the bus from the restroom, proceeded to drive on and everyone was happy.

A few months later, the random passenger boarded the bus again, and sat next to Zealot. They befriended each other and then the random passenger, grateful for having someone actually talk to and like him, gave Zealot the set of duplicate keys as a token of friendship.

Late at night, after the normal bus schedule, Zealot went to where the bus was parked, and using the set of duplicate keys he proceeded to take it for a joy ride.

Zealot was banned permanently. The random passenger was banned for a week. Ecko's oblivious driver had his bus keys taken away.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:20:28 pm by Rhaelys »

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2011, 11:20:00 pm »

Metaphor. Look it up.
Damn right I drink beer sideways.