Author Topic: [Feedback] What's right/wrong with 0.232  (Read 26734 times)

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [Feedback] What's right/wrong with 0.232
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2011, 05:09:55 pm »
+ Throwing accuracy noticeable and fair now
- Too big a performance gap between cut and pierce weapons
- Armor now too important
- Poor archers :(
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2011, 09:58:21 pm »
+5
- Archery speed reduction. I am seriously thinking about going back to xbow because it is the one class that remains practically untouched in some aspects. It is also frustrating to me at least trying to relearn archery in a sense of tracking moving targets, cav, and the drop rate and as someone who has played archery for some time, it is like i never knew anything about it before.
- Cavalry nerf. I have not played cav in a while, but even I can tell when I manage to hit a horse with my bow twice and it goes down, that just isnt right. They pay a lot in upkeep for those only to have it burn out from throwers and whatnot.
- Xbow buff / bolt nerf. What was even the point in this? The combined damage of bolts and crossbow is still the same.

+ Thrower buff. I am glad to see those chucking-happy guys back. It adds more spice to the ranged field after the way it was neglected.
+ Lancer nerf. Lance cav was getting downright annoying in every way.
+ Due to the lance range nerf, I just might reroll a 2 hand cav knowing that some lance happy guy wont hit me from impossible angles.

+/- upkeep inflation. Yeah, it keeps some people in line, but people who have been playing a long time are unphased. New players will have a hard time getting anything at this rate. I thought the whole point of upkeep was to be friendly to new players due to the vets not being able to run around in their plate and expensive gear 24/7. It never changed. All the old players have a nice chunk of gold and it never once stopped them from using the gear they loved from back in the day, and it makes it easier for them to slaughter new people in garbage gear because they can barely pay for what they struggled for. Upkeep is not going to make people use their stuff more or less. Why not just get rid of it? It was a nice concept at the start, but all I see is new players having to peasant for weeks to get enough gold to get anything decent, then by the time they get it they can barely maintain it due to upkeep, especially now. I personally am not affected by upkeep, but it is really ruining the fun for newer players trying to get into the game and it is ruining the fun and challenge for vets due to not having much of a challenge fighting people with low grade gear. Most people see good gear as a crutch but for most it is the way they use it. You can run around in plate and the most expensive things all day, but it is not going to change the fact that someone with enough skill in lighter armour will still tear through your metal walls and crush you.

Just my 2 cents.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:30 pm »
How far away are you guys standing? I am having no issues shooting into melee from a distance of 10-15 feet or so.
Don't know if troll.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2011, 11:07:55 pm »
+/- upkeep inflation. Yeah, it keeps some people in line, but people who have been playing a long time are unphased. New players will have a hard time getting anything at this rate. I thought the whole point of upkeep was to be friendly to new players due to the vets not being able to run around in their plate and expensive gear 24/7. It never changed. All the old players have a nice chunk of gold and it never once stopped them from using the gear they loved from back in the day, and it makes it easier for them to slaughter new people in garbage gear because they can barely pay for what they struggled for. Upkeep is not going to make people use their stuff more or less. Why not just get rid of it? It was a nice concept at the start, but all I see is new players having to peasant for weeks to get enough gold to get anything decent, then by the time they get it they can barely maintain it due to upkeep, especially now. I personally am not affected by upkeep, but it is really ruining the fun for newer players trying to get into the game and it is ruining the fun and challenge for vets due to not having much of a challenge fighting people with low grade gear. Most people see good gear as a crutch but for most it is the way they use it. You can run around in plate and the most expensive things all day, but it is not going to change the fact that someone with enough skill in lighter armour will still tear through your metal walls and crush you.

Just my 2 cents.

this. the average bank of a year playtime vet vary from 300k to 1000k. they can play with top tier gear at x1 for months. since a veteran is in a clan, will join a server with his clan with bannerstacking autobalance and rarely play in x1.

so the new player will just try the luck to be for instance in the grey order team and farming money will be ok, or will get autobalanced in the cannon fodder team against some bannerstackers and lose cash even with mid tier gear.

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2011, 11:12:18 pm »
I miss the time where I could wear what I wanted.. sacrificing speed for armor or vice versa .. If tincans where the reason upkeep was introduced in the first place.. just make heavier armor slow people down ALOT more than it did. Make them think about if they should really wear it or not... just an idea.
"A pint of ale will make your nipples stale"- Brogg

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2011, 11:43:43 pm »
Don't know if troll.

Not trying to. I seriously don't have a problem at that close a range. Further than that it starts to get dicey, but in my opinion you shouldn't be shooting from that far back anyway.

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2011, 02:34:52 am »
Not trying to. I seriously don't have a problem at that close a range. Further than that it starts to get dicey, but in my opinion you shouldn't be shooting from that far back anyway.
10-15 feet? Or do you mean meters?
Because...you might as well be using a Pike if you're shooting from that close. I used to be able to shoot from 50+ feet into friendlies without hitting them. I'll teamhit anything at this point unless I'm stupidly close.

Offline BcBKC

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kill Cult
  • Game nicks: KC_BcB
  • IRC nick: BcB
« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2011, 02:59:46 am »
+Soak damage changes.
+Archer nerf.
+Sword loom nerf.
+Head armor x3 looms got +1 armor matching them with other x3 armor looms.
+Throwers are back.
+2 slots for 8 weight and above shields.

-/+ Cav lance changes. Most cav kills are on people not paying attention and this really didn't effect cav kdr. The soak damage change hurt cav far more. Good cav will always top the boards as long as their are people not paying attention, and that's not going away in pubs.

-I've had several crashes since the patch, i never crashed before unless i alt tabbed. Could be because of the latest warband update.
-Polearm stun is still around.
-No new 6-9 weight armors.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2011, 03:02:49 am »
+2
No poop throwing weapons. This disappoints me greatly.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2011, 03:09:43 am »
+3
No poop throwing weapons. This disappoints me greatly.

Well Gaga you will be happy to hear that there are actually poop hurling weapons now... they are called bows

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2011, 04:04:06 am »
The only changes I would've made since last patch was add throwing and nerf cavalry... and whatever they did to make me take more hits from becs and the such!

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2011, 05:36:49 am »
- You buffed the GLA, now i have to hear people cry about my op weapon like pre-pre-pre-patch

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2011, 12:07:04 pm »
- No exp Barn

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2011, 05:10:28 pm »
10-15 feet? Or do you mean meters?
Because...you might as well be using a Pike if you're shooting from that close. I used to be able to shoot from 50+ feet into friendlies without hitting them. I'll teamhit anything at this point unless I'm stupidly close.

No I mean feet. Maybe its just my fighting style as archer. I think its more fun to get real close and shoot from just behind and off to the flank of my teams infantry. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I get more kills and have more fun that way

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2011, 05:14:47 pm »
I find it works best to shoot at absolute point blank range as a HA, however, at the same time it seems a bit silly to have to resort to such tactics.

Shooting at any distance now against another archer/HA is pointless as both of you will easily dodge most of the shots. Even worse is an inf who knows you are trying to hit them.

Archers are not even scary any more, unless one actually stands still it takes too long for the arrow to reach you.  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:17:09 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.