Author Topic: [Feedback] What's right/wrong with 0.232  (Read 28076 times)

Offline ElendielI

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [Feedback] What's right/wrong with 0.232
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2011, 05:34:59 pm »
-archery flight speed. it is practicly impossible to hit targets from far away, as an archer you need to stand inside a fight to atleast not hit your own team. i have been an archer for a while and i made a headshot based build. i feel like a lvl 2 archer again.
- crossbows are still very much untouched (make a crosbow skill requirement same as the archers)

+ throwing buff
+lancer nerf

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2011, 05:42:28 pm »
- Survivable horses are too expensive. There are two types of horse: fast kinds that bundle of stickss like myself ride around on, which die in three hits; and aluminum kinds which are more survivable and manly, but which are also rather slow. Instead of reflecting the yin--yang, penis--vagina, two paths to the same destination relationship between the two, the current pricing system reflects horses relative shiny-ness.

Not that the plated charger should cost as much as a courser, of course. That'd be lulzy.

+ Throwing now seems more effective. It appears to work rather well now :D
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2011, 06:41:11 pm »
+Showing throwers some love
+Skip the fun alts
+ STRATEGUS!!

-Well.. I usually use a masterwork great sword for melee and a champion arabian to lance cav in my build, so everything I do was nerfed.  I can deal with the minus 2hander speed, but this was basically the one advantage 2handers had over poles stat wise.  Now I think polearms need to be tweaked down a bit too to bring it in line.  Polearm stun/damage/speed reductions (at least one of these) across the board IMO.

- Lancing cav.  Good idea because yes lancing cav got nuts, but please make the lance radius a little bigger.  Something like, 70 degrees.  Nearly every cavalry player thinks this would be a good place for it.  40 is simply too low for the class to play smoothly, and I do not think this small increase would unbalance gameplay.  Possibly buff HP too, since horses have had speed and maneuver nerfed in the last two consecutive patches, they're starting to get pretty shitty for the high, high cost. 

-Soak values.  Cut damage seems way too low now.  Removing all the glances is cool, but attacks are hitting for way too little, especially compared to shit like the Bec still 2 shotting things guaranteed. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:18:21 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2011, 07:23:23 pm »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2011, 07:27:43 pm »
+3
Neither is affordable due to the new upkeep anyway.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #231 on: July 15, 2011, 07:47:32 pm »
Paying 3k for upkeep each round in DTV and getting 100 gold every other round or more
Ca$hville 615

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #232 on: July 15, 2011, 07:48:01 pm »
-Well.. I usually use a masterwork great sword for melee and a champion arabian to lance cav in my build, so everything I do was nerfed.  I can deal with the minus 2hander speed, but this was basically the one advantage poles had over 2handers stat wise.  Now I think polearms need to be tweaked down a bit too to bring it in line.  Polearm stun/damage/speed reductions (at least one of these) across the board IMO.

-Soak values.  Cut damage seems way too low now.  Removing all the glances is cool, but attacks are hitting for way too little, especially compared to shit like the Bec still 2 shotting things guaranteed.

The 2H MW speed nerf is why I switched back to polearms. I am completely for reducing/eliminating polearm stun if it came with a buff to speed and/or damage. 2Hs still have the innate speed advantage with their amazing animations, and I do not think that anybody could complain about a small buff to the speed and/or damage of polearms if polearm stun was nerfed or removed.

As for the Bec, it is an NA problem and not an EU problem. In the words of the great Aruduryk, "Deal with it."

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Voodoox

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 15, 2011, 11:50:25 pm »
-Archer dmg decrease
+archer speed decrease

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2011, 01:30:59 am »
Its just funny that the Bec was so prevalent and bitched about in the past couple patches, at least in the NA community, and then the armor values got changed so the Bec got indirectly buffed even more.  I don't care that much really, but its a balance oversight.

And that post should've said 2 handers had the advantage with the speed but that got taken away.  A 2hander now has to rely on the animations to perform well, but Polearms are now a better choice for spamming, support, busting shields, stopping cav, and big battle server melee clusterfucks.  Besides my love for the 2hand thrust animation, which is simply beautiful if not as useful as it used to be for lolstabbing, there is no reason for someone to go 2 hander over poles.

Buff bow speed or nerf xbows somehow to make them equal
Slightly buff Cav lance radius and HP, or reduce costs, they were hit a little too hard
Nerf Polearms SOMEHOW
Fix 13 shield skill bug (though hilarious)
Buff Cut damage

The patch introduced some drastic new changes to things like archery and cav, with good concepts but the values could use some hotfix slight adjustments.

Good patch as always though, always expanding the functionality of the mod and hitting balance problems with good ideas.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2011, 01:35:35 am »
Fix 13 shield skill bug (though hilarious)

But... it's not a bug :(

sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2011, 01:37:11 am »
wpf affecting upkeep screwed my heirloom.

I've been using a MW langes messer as a 2h for quite a bit, but I've just realized the upkeep system consider it as a 1h only.

I don't have 1h wpf and it fucking break every round.

I'm sad...  :cry:

Any chance you guy can make the weapon with secondary mode consider all the wpf they use for the new wpf upkeep system?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:39:39 am by Dach »
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Palestinian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 'Pals' of Palestine
  • Game nicks: IGN : Disenfranchised_Palestinian
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2011, 03:18:23 am »
+ Throwing Slots are more lax
- Stones are slower and have worse range

Offline Squid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2011, 03:46:42 am »
I am a noob so one thing i probably dont know about is CRPG. However I am not a noob when it comes to RL archery. I have a massive amount of experiance with long bows and also competion bows.

The current arrow drop is wrong. Unless you are shooting arrows made from lead it is rediculous.

Now I am all for increasing the skill requirements of archers, however the physics in the latest patch are just plain silly when it comes to modelling real arrows.

I guess it boils down to what you want. Realism or balance? A realistic model of medieval warfare or counterstrike?

BTW I dont play an archer character, this is just FWIW
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:48:22 am by Squid »

Offline Jayne_Cobbb

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2011, 04:34:18 am »
+1

I guess it boils down to what you want. Realism or balance? A realistic model of medieval warfare or counterstrike?

And we have neither.