Author Topic: [Feedback] What's right/wrong with 0.232  (Read 28122 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: [Feedback] What's right/wrong with 0.232
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »
+1
i just saw nebun topping the charts and doing really smart kills (killing maulers and killing support pikemen) defending in a siege. once again, skill is skill... no matter how much you nerf here and there.

You are talking about the absolute ideal for an archer currently.  It is near impossible witht hese shoot speeds to do anything as archer ATTACKING a castle (xbows are going to rape everyone when defending and attacking) and in open plains map without the gravity bonus of being on top of a castle wall, the damage from bows is negligible and they are very very easy to dodge when you don't have to go single-file up a ladder or a ramp.  In most situations archery is pretty useless now, you can always help your team better just by grabbing an xbow or throwing weapon or long spear (overheading through teammates about same range as a bow now it seems) or just by grabbing any melee weapon as an archer and hitting enemy meleers in the side while they are fighting your allies or easily dodge enemy arrows and get some free kills slashing up archers.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:41:23 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2011, 05:09:47 pm »
Devs know that people who have every piece of their gear loomed can just turn off auto repair and let their gear break 3x leaving them with 'only' normal weapons right? This lets them pay 1/3 of the repair costs.

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2011, 05:19:28 pm »
+1
+Cav "range of stab" restriction, in principle.

-Cav % for above should be adjusted slightly bigger, say 50-60%

Other stuff I'm not qualified to comment on. I feel the restrictions put in place would make sense at high speed, but when trotting along slowly, you should have a bigger arc you can stab in. this would more accurately reflect reality, but I realize it might not be possible with the game's limitations.
Damn right I drink beer sideways.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2011, 05:25:18 pm »
+1
Did anyone else than Shogunate_Hanzo and me recognise that arrows often just go through the back or chest of a person at the moment?

Don't know what they have done, but it happens alot now. You should directly into the chest and your arrow goes through, although the person wasn't moving^^

- I have noticed this as well.  Shooting at some dude form above, I watched as 2 of my arrows in a row passed right through his head.  Pretty frustrating!

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2011, 05:26:49 pm »
+1
I have noticed it happening several times per round for me, wherein I hit someone center mass, at various ranges and the arrow goes through without effect.  :(

-For archery nerf, on a horse I can now dodge all arrows, unless I get sloppy I can essentially ride through an entire team of archers and simply "lol" turn and speed up as they shoot. Xbows and Throwing weapons are actually more useful if you are looking to pew pew people from a distance.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:28:08 pm by Remy »

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2011, 05:50:46 pm »
I think that the developers kind of sucked individual originality out of the mod starting with the "slots."

Ex: Polearms and two-handers take two slots (most).

With archery, now you basically have to be a pure archer to be effective. It's not just archery, though. Hybrids are almost impossible to do with archery, unless you want to be stuck with a Khergit or Strong Bow. Now it's like there are a few set builds for everything - a few builds for two-handers, a few builds for archers, a few builds for horse archers, etc. The ability to be a hybrid was kind demolished starting with the slots, and now with the basic requirement of archers to be pure archers to be effective. Before, when everything took one slot, archers could be less accurate in archery in exchange for polearm proficiency, two-hander, etc. Now you're stuck with one pack of arrows, or if you're using a War Bow or Long Bow, zero packs of arrows. The only viable hybrids I can think of are mixed melee weapon proficiencies, throwing + melee, or crossbow + melee (crossbow, light crossbow, and hunting crossbow).

Offline Jayne_Cobbb

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2011, 05:58:38 pm »
Yeah.  Arrows have been going through people.  Before, reloading crossbowmen sometimes were "not there", but now it happen several times a match.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2011, 05:59:58 pm »
+2
I also want to add that pure archery isn't bad. Maybe it needs a TINY arrow speed buff and draw speed. Or we can change back to last patch's archery. That was balanced, I think.

Offline UltraZerk

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2011, 06:03:31 pm »
The new increase in upkeep costs makes it difficult to gain any money in game when playing naked with a decent bow and two slots of arrows; unless you are lucky enough to maintain a multiplier for most of the time.  Seems like I am at 1x multiplier about 75% of the time I play.
Changes to the way archery/arrows work/s makes archery half as effective.

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2011, 06:10:37 pm »
Linking upkeep cost to breaking weapons is a really poor idea. It really cripples new players who are trying out new shit.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2011, 06:24:02 pm »
+Cav Range Restriction (though I agree a leeeetle bigger might be more fun/realistic/interesting, like 60 degrees maybe)
+Plate Covered Round Shield weight reduced to 7.8 so its still 1 slot <3 (Yay I can still carry my horse-stopper as well as my Warhammer!)
+More items/armors! Red Coat of Plates!! (Thanks Varric!)
+Old Face Models - I missed the original Delro, now I get him again!
+Defend the Virgin
+THROWING!!!!
+Strategus!!
+Performance Increases (In Theory)

-Performance Increases (In practice; still getting some frame stuttering. I had fixed it with the optimization packs last patch but its back and I'm not sure if those packs would still work)
-Heavy Lance model changed back, I liked the Great Lance model for it :P
-All my awesome graphical enhancement mods were messed up :D

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:40:12 pm by Delro »

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »
You are talking about the absolute ideal for an archer currently.  It is near impossible witht hese shoot speeds to do anything as archer ATTACKING a castle (xbows are going to rape everyone when defending and attacking) and in open plains map without the gravity bonus of being on top of a castle wall, the damage from bows is negligible and they are very very easy to dodge when you don't have to go single-file up a ladder or a ramp.  In most situations archery is pretty useless now, you can always help your team better just by grabbing an xbow or throwing weapon or long spear (overheading through teammates about same range as a bow now it seems) or just by grabbing any melee weapon as an archer and hitting enemy meleers in the side while they are fighting your allies or easily dodge enemy arrows and get some free kills slashing up archers.

Hit the nail on the head Kesh. Archers are only effective on high ground(IE siege defense) when using gravity to get a damage bump. On an open plain we might as well be shooting nerf arrows. 

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2011, 06:50:40 pm »
Its been said many times before, but a good archer is about more than damage and kills. On an open plains map, the archers can support their infantry with precise shots into the enemy's flank, disrupting their attacks and blocks and allowing the friendly infantry to take the kill.

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2011, 07:11:49 pm »
+Upkeep (I can still maintain my level of equipment)
+Skip the fun
+Cavalry lance rotation
+Throwing (not a thrower)
+Archery (I have an archer alt)
+2H MW speed nerf (gave me a reason to go back to polearms)
-Nothing

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Bromagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2011, 07:14:48 pm »
- archer nerf
+ new items
Want to start archery for strat but it doesn't look too good if it can't be used for anything else besides dropping them from a castle wall.
"A pint of ale will make your nipples stale"- Brogg