Author Topic: Archery Nerfed  (Read 17400 times)

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archery Nerfed
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 06:37:53 pm »
hey archers never once complained about being nerfed in every c-rpg patch.

Lies, may be yourself didn't ever whine about a nerf, but i can ensure you that other archers did and we had a lot of whine after january patch (for example), dev team did a ninja-fix and whine did cooldown (btw, i guess it's how dev understand that you have to do a big nerf, then a fix, and ppl will accept the change easier).

But i agree with you, it's true that archery was nerfed hard by last patch, but once again i'm sure that teamwork will do the gap between good clan and bad clan (in Strategus term), and archery will always have a good place in tactics, you will do less kill but you will still annoy infantry to allow your mates to kill them.

Old Strat was lame because archery was the only master of the field, i hope that patch could give a place to other tactics, not only archers that attacks on the flanks .

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 06:44:51 pm »
Gheritarish le Loki
Date Registered: June 13, 2011, 16:10:19

I see you must know a lot about Strategus...

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »
I rolled and archer, and I've noticed that my arrows regularly go right through the head models of an enemy, doing no damage instead of awarding a headshot.  This has happened for non-moving enemies as well.

Is this a bug or part of the nerf?

Its a bug that has been around since the last patch. If you want a really funny archer bug try shooting a crossbowman as he's reloading in the body. The arrow will sail right through him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2011, 06:57:44 pm »
Afaik they wanted it nerfed so strat wouldn't be an archerfest again.

There already was a HUGE difference between when we last had strategus with 500 proficiency archers that had pinpoint accuracy missiles across any map (all of DRZ), and the little wood chucking groups we had before this most recent patch. Though in the case of my archer from last strategus, there was one instance of me getting 3 hits and still not killing a naked guy with my warbow from about 30 yards, 5 PD, hadn't ever retired.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 07:00:37 pm »
wow Okkam, what a detective you make.... Let me tell you all the truth.
I stopped to play before the end of Strategus (with a friend key) and never registred to new forum, i came back in june when i smell Strat may come back.

Do you believe Drz pwn everybody in old Strat because they had the best 2handers and cav?
First they was a Native clan, their tactics come from ¨CS¨ Native.

@Warcat, i agree with you archery was strongly nerfed since this time, so why a new nerf?
You are the cause fallen, you pwn other team in big clan tournament and the whine on forum make that nerf, this is your fault!! ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:11:51 pm by Gheritarish le Loki »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 07:41:35 pm »
@Warcat, i agree with you archery was strongly nerfed since this time, so why a new nerf?
You are the cause fallen, you pwn other team in big clan tournament and the whine on forum make that nerf, this is your fault!! ;)

Hey it was a team effort in the Multi-Clan tourney when we went 6-1 then 8-0 then 9-0!  :mrgreen:
Thank all the clans that participated, we were only 20 out of 75! Though Ramses and Loki lead the fights, but still!  :mrgreen:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 09:47:15 pm »
Wow you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

You do know that one of the stipulations of the clan battles was unit balance. IE 20 ranged 40melee ect.. At the start of each round we had to line up and be counted to make sure that one team didn't have more, say, archers then the other team. Tears is correct Team 1 rocked the tourney because we were better organized with clear leadership. Props to all the clans who help lead Team 1 to victory we all played our part.

If you are correct(which I doubt you are) that the Devs nerfed archery based on the results clan battle then archers/cav are being punished for the results of coordinated team play. Which would be horrible....   
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 09:48:42 pm by Mannhammer »

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2011, 07:44:44 am »
+1
We won the tournament because we showed up, we always had over 90 players and we are extremely well organized.  Nothing to do with archery.

Offline Jayne_Cobbb

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2011, 07:51:42 am »
+1
Less fun?
My freedom ends when the other people's freedom begins.
Same for fun.

Just because it was fun for a HA to circle a group of infantry, showering arrows on them, doesn't mean it was fun for the inf.
Same for lances.

There are different kind of games that give you a different type of fun. In cRPG, we're trying to give fun by challenge. This means that limitations are necessary to allow the better players to achieve a better performance. This was achieved, as far as I can see.

Funny how your classes were not changed to "increase fun..."

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2011, 08:33:56 am »
    I've been primarily an archer since I started playing cRPG and survived countless nerfs and adapted.  But with strategus up I've had to face a difficult situation: do I continue to play a class I've loved and enjoyed for so long but has become exceedingly dull and unskillful and provides little benefit to my clan on a strategus battle no matter how much I've practiced and tried to be good at archery OR do I respec into the 2her or polearmer chadz and company seems to want the battles to focus upon with a level 4 shield to get up close against xbows and throwers, which will prove far far more useful a build for my clan with maybe 100 wpf in xbows to boot for ranged accuracy. 

I actually had planned to respec to a dedicated archer from my hybrid for strategus, but for now I am waiting a bit longer before I go the complete opposite direction toward what chadz and company ahs been driving towards all along (mass melee spamming).  Already half the archers of my clan have retired or are working toward retiring into a non-archer build as sitting around twiddling your thumbs trying to look effective when your entire class is ineffective is mind-numbing work and not an exciting game.  The only archers I can see now are longbowmen (85% or more) as all other bows do about the same damage as a level 10 archer did before the last patch, which just marks them as easily killed dogs with bark but no bite.  I can only imagine 2-4% of the people in this game will have archers as their main within the 2 months because its significantly more useless than throwing was before the latest patch.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2011, 09:20:40 am »
+1
    I've been primarily an archer since I started playing cRPG and survived countless nerfs and adapted.  But with strategus up I've had to face a difficult situation: do I continue to play a class I've loved and enjoyed for so long but has become exceedingly dull and unskillful and provides little benefit to my clan on a strategus battle no matter how much I've practiced and tried to be good at archery OR do I respec into the 2her or polearmer chadz and company seems to want the battles to focus upon with a level 4 shield to get up close against xbows and throwers, which will prove far far more useful a build for my clan with maybe 100 wpf in xbows to boot for ranged accuracy. 

I actually had planned to respec to a dedicated archer from my hybrid for strategus, but for now I am waiting a bit longer before I go the complete opposite direction toward what chadz and company ahs been driving towards all along (mass melee spamming).  Already half the archers of my clan have retired or are working toward retiring into a non-archer build as sitting around twiddling your thumbs trying to look effective when your entire class is ineffective is mind-numbing work and not an exciting game.  The only archers I can see now are longbowmen (85% or more) as all other bows do about the same damage as a level 10 archer did before the last patch, which just marks them as easily killed dogs with bark but no bite.  I can only imagine 2-4% of the people in this game will have archers as their main within the 2 months because its significantly more useless than throwing was before the latest patch.

NOOO..... Kesh don't give in!!! Don't give an inch we have to fight these unjustified nerfs and try to save cRPG from the man who made it. chadz and the devs live in an echo chamber that clearly want archery, cav and throwing taking a back seat to foot melee. That game would be horribly boring. Don't knuckle under we have to try and get archery(and IMO cav) back to where it was pre-patch. It will take time and determination. Keep posting, keep talking to devs someone will listen. Until then please stick with being an archer, because you are one of the best archers on NA and it would be a sad to see you give it up because the unorganized melee pub player convinced chadz to make a terrible mistake.

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:25 am »
+1
What i really don't get is - the consensus among the community was that archery is well balanced. Official survey about item balance : 151 buff bow, 153 nerf bow). Sometimes the item unbalancers just confuse me...

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2011, 10:28:09 am »
I sold my my MW longbow yesterday...for..a..fuck...(my biggest crpg fail) :evil:

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2011, 10:40:40 am »
I've been playing an archer for some 10months, before the the big patch ruined everything I was a HA, then the bigpatch hit me real hard, could barely get myself to play the game because archery was so friggin boring (I rather played on my cav, alot more fun), I almost got used to it and now this proj speed nerf (complete brain derp, all experience ruined) and shitty damage, I think im pretty much done with archery and will retire to 1h+shield cav. gg devs, you made me GTX archery, well played.

(KEEP BUFFING XBOWS........... NOT! BETTER IDEA, KICK FASA OUT OF THE BALANCING CREW!)

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2011, 10:41:51 am »
What i really don't get is - the consensus among the community was that archery is well balanced. Official survey about item balance : 151 buff bow, 153 nerf bow). Sometimes the item unbalancers just confuse me...

yes, but then we receive SIX another nerfs

1 - higher chance to repair arrows
2 - huge decrease of arrow speed
3 - decreased arrow damage (for all bows except longbow)
4 - nerf to loomed bows (loomed bow do not receive bonus to weapon speed) -2 to speed or all MW bows
5 - increased weight of quivers
6 - increased cost of equipment

Great work lolbalancers... really