Author Topic: Archery Nerfed  (Read 17399 times)

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
Re: Archery Nerfed
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 11:28:08 am »
Dear chadz,

My name is Fallen_Gawin and i would like to ask you why did you destroy archery? If you did not want archerey in this game why did you put it in? Every time you nerf archery my fellow clan-mates had to work VERY hard to make archery even worth playing. Archery was fine before the last few patches, but now you messed it up so badly that it would take more than 12 shots to kill a medium armoured person. I do not think that this is historicly correct, for instance English longbow men could 1-2 shot a plated knight 50 feet away, and thus why should not our own archers be able to this? I am not saying make archery soo over powered like that, but atleast make it playable to say 7-8 shot a plated knight, and if the two-handed spammers complain about archers why do they not just become shielders and make a tactic to fight against archery? Such as using THROWING WEAPONS (which you buffed up like crazy) when they chase us they could 1 hit most of us because of light amour, but NO! The "two handed spammers" are like little kids who whine about everything if they lose, and you are like their parents "bending the rules" to make them win. Why not make them create their own tactics to deal with archers instead of "whining to their parents" (you and other admins)? Like my clanmates they worked many hours to perfect "archery tactics" to fight against infintry, and even after many nerfs we never ONCE complained about how horrible archery was, but instead we took it like mature human beings and did something about it instead of "whining to our parents", but now archerey is so horrible that we will probably have to go back to the drawing box and it would probably take 1-2 months to make archery playable, but then the "two handed spammers" would whine again and thus make you nerf it again and again and again.

This message was not made to insult you or any other admins, This is just a message to state the facts about how c-rpg people are like.

A Fallen player of this game,
                                                                                                                        Gawin
p.s. im posting this here because i cannot p.m. chadz

Realismus arguments ..trollooo
Its historically correct that archer shot 30 arrows per minute, moving left right with insane speed , jumping and shot a arrow 1 sec later, switch their weapons in one second?
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Argos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: QuarkTheThird, ArgosTheSmelly, Bonk, GormTheSteady, Siro
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 11:38:25 am »
I agree, the speed should be buffed again somewhat.

Though what I'm more interested in, is the amount of time you can hold an accurate shot. With a horn bow, light armour and 119 wpf, I have a decent crosshair size for about half a second. Sorry, how is that supposed to work? The Skip the fun-archer I just created with 165 wpf, even lighter armour and a tatar bow isn't much better. Not being able to hold a shot is very odd and makes it less fun to play as the class.
Also I seem to carefully place my arrow in the quiver when canceling, instead of just leaving it on the string, which would allow me to draw a shot quickly. A reload mechanism like crossbows, that has a standby-state, would make sense and (if possible) be awesome! Though neither bows or crossbows should stay "reloaded" when sheathed and pulled out again.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 12:00:35 pm »
Xbow are to expensive for Strategus, no need to nerf it, nobody will use it.
As said Vibe, final goal is Strategus not k/d ratio in cRPG.

Horn Bow
thrust damage: 24 cut
price: 7896

Light Crossbow
thrust damage: 46 pierce
price: 6560

Well, at least everyone can shoot now.

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 12:58:30 pm »
DaveUKR wanted it.

Cool.
Who is DaveUKR for you Paul? Daddy?
Maybe you owe him some money?
Maybe DaveUkr now leading balance team? No?
Can you predict what DaveUkr will want from you next time?
Even if DaveUKR wanted it, who is responsible for implementing this? DaveUKR again?

Rage off

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 01:12:53 pm »
Cool.
Who is DaveUKR for you Paul? Daddy?
Maybe you owe him some money?
Maybe DaveUkr now leading balance team? No?
Can you predict what DaveUkr will want from you next time?
Even if DaveUKR wanted it, who is responsible for implementing this? DaveUKR again?

Rage off

:lol:

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2011, 01:18:50 pm »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2011, 02:25:24 pm »
Who is DaveUKR

WhineUKR is the Chuck Norris of cRPG. He can do everything he wants.

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KING_UGBERT

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • RYUTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2011, 02:32:51 pm »
Balancing issues aside, the biggest blow from this patch that it made crpg less fun to play.  Lancers having slower and less maneuverable horses while only thrusting forward?  Less fun.  HA's whose horses stop to shoot?  Less fun.  Archers losing accurate long range attacks, and using slingshots instead of bows?  Less fun.

Maybe some players can get used to the changes and cope with their limitations, but it will take some work because these classes aren't as fun to play.

Archers, especially 2 slot archers, are all shaking their heads wondering where their bows went.  I didn't want a close/mid range class, but since I'm forced into it -I made a thrower alt instead.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:37:20 pm by KING_UGBERT »
Under my rule, all men are equal.  Peasant.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2011, 02:40:16 pm »
+2
Less fun?
My freedom ends when the other people's freedom begins.
Same for fun.

Just because it was fun for a HA to circle a group of infantry, showering arrows on them, doesn't mean it was fun for the inf.
Same for lances.

There are different kind of games that give you a different type of fun. In cRPG, we're trying to give fun by challenge. This means that limitations are necessary to allow the better players to achieve a better performance. This was achieved, as far as I can see.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2011, 02:56:27 pm »
but NO! The "two handed spammers" are like little kids who whine about everything if they lose

This makes me laugh because you are currently doing the exact same thing.

Melee stopped being meatshields for the fun classes, more fun for melee, period.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:57:29 pm by Kafein »

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 03:52:25 pm »
This makes me laugh because you are currently doing the exact same thing.

Melee stopped being meatshields for the fun classes, more fun for melee, period.
hey archers never once complained about being nerfed in every c-rpg patch. but now i think we have had enough bull shit and should be able to play the goddamn game instead being nerfed like hell. why wont chadz and his team finish the new strat instead of nerfing archers horses, and making useless things like you only get a -1 of your multipllyer when you lose. chadz and his team should have just left c-rpg the way it was and finishe strat.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 04:50:44 pm »
Calm thyself and walk away for now. Logic Fallacies are creeping in.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2011, 06:02:40 pm »
I rolled and archer, and I've noticed that my arrows regularly go right through the head models of an enemy, doing no damage instead of awarding a headshot.  This has happened for non-moving enemies as well.

Is this a bug or part of the nerf?

Offline KING_UGBERT

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • RYUTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2011, 06:12:02 pm »
Less fun?
My freedom ends when the other people's freedom begins.
Same for fun.

Just because it was fun for a HA to circle a group of infantry, showering arrows on them, doesn't mean it was fun for the inf.
Same for lances.

There are different kind of games that give you a different type of fun. In cRPG, we're trying to give fun by challenge. This means that limitations are necessary to allow the better players to achieve a better performance. This was achieved, as far as I can see.

Well I didn't mean the classes that didn't get nerfed wouldn't have as much fun of course.  Lots of negatives, does that make sense?  I mean that this massive nerf to horse archers, lancers, and archers made their classes less fun to play.  By a LOT.

If the devs felt hand to handers were underpowered, there must have been better ways to handle rebalancing than ruining the options of other classes.
Perhaps I am a little out of line chiding the decisions of developers while I am just a player, but this seems obvious.
Under my rule, all men are equal.  Peasant.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2011, 06:29:28 pm »
I rolled and archer, and I've noticed that my arrows regularly go right through the head models of an enemy, doing no damage instead of awarding a headshot.  This has happened for non-moving enemies as well.

Is this a bug or part of the nerf?

Bug. Supposedly this has nothing to do with cRPG and is the warband engine, yet after the Slot system wa simplemented, that patch appeared to have exasperated the situation, and with the latest patch I am still noticing it. Or... everyone was blind to it happening before, and only now are we collectively noticing it   :lol:

Either way, bug.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.