Author Topic: Archery Nerfed  (Read 17405 times)

Offline Apostata

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_John_Applebottom
Re: Archery Nerfed
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2011, 10:58:54 am »
I can only imagine 2-4% of the people in this game will have archers as their main within the 2 months because its significantly more useless than throwing was before the latest patch.

Go to archer build man. Dont sell your archer's soul for trinkets. :P
 This "my fun ends where someone else's fun starts" seems like a really weird concept (As weird as unmodified statement for freedom so often quoted and so often praised to heavens by fools, lawyers who seek only the excesses and obligations of personal liberty and reconcilous laymen and ignorants). I found and played in my past so many pvp game mechanisms where losing to others or just the "plausible" scenery of battle was entertaining or even fun as hell. Actually the progress for victory or for individual personal achievement must be always regarded and provided as more rewarding than the final conditions for victory (success at victory conditions, individual or factual is rewarding always, but they ought be not prioritized). That's the secret formula of games which exceeded simplistic goal of Pong to the genious concepts of struggle of which is breathtaking to participate.
 Such concepts include no "fun" territories or doses of "fun"  distributed among player base  as equally devs can. Individual "fun" is quite abstract or if, then bound to victory conditions.

You can see the goal of this game in battlefield full of those who wears daikatanas for its cut damage and armets because of its armor or you can see such goal in  those who are wearing daikatans because they are going to fight and die in sakura grove. It's struggle of what we expect from the game and my hopes withdrawed from cRpg a long time ago.

Offline _Sebastian_

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Lazy Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Bad Bug Busters
  • Faction: Flat-Earth Reptilian
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Sebastian
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 02:49:35 pm »
Am I the only one who noticed, that the bowaccuracy is lowered since the last patch ???

My char has 172 wpf in archering... and im using a mw-rusbow(warbow) and its inaccurate as hell now.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2011, 02:51:17 pm »
Am I the only one who noticed, that the bowaccuracy is lowered since the last patch ???

My char has 172 wpf in archering... and im using a mw-rusbow(warbow) and its inaccurate as hell now.

Judging by all those headshots in a row I've see you make.....i highly doubt it. Unless ofc you must get closer to like 100 yards from your target instead of the 250 as you used to.....
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2011, 05:11:33 pm »
What i really don't get is - the consensus among the community was that archery is well balanced. Official survey about item balance : 151 buff bow, 153 nerf bow). Sometimes the item unbalancers just confuse me...
This, so what in the fuck was that poll  for if it was ignored?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2011, 05:33:11 pm »
You have my sympathies. Cut throwing weapons suffered a little of the same but nothing so damaging as both a speed reduc AND a damage nerf. That's awful and I feel guilty every time an arrow hits me and I shrug it off. Stay strong. We range because we love it, even though no one else does. :(
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2011, 05:38:53 pm »
You have my sympathies. Cut throwing weapons suffered a little of the same but nothing so damaging as both a speed reduc AND a damage nerf. That's awful and I feel guilty every time an arrow hits me and I shrug it off. Stay strong. We range because we love it, even though no one else does. :(
Yup, warbow for life! I may be changing my 33 build from my intended 27/18 to a 30/15 though... need to decide as I have a bunch of unused points...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »
+4

First they nerfed the Throwers
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Thrower.

Then they nerfed the Archers
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Archer.

Then they nerfed the Horse Archer
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Horse Archer.

Then they nerfed the Lancer
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Lancer.

Then they nerfed me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Revolution
People of cRPG unite!!! Its time we took back cRPG from those who would ruin it!!!
- Don't give up the build you love. That's what they want. Use your new time not playing cRPG making yourself heard, until the changes are made. 
-Bump each others posts.
-Get on IRC en mass and obliterate the arguments of the weak minded.
-Fight the good fight were ever you can. 
-Don't let them divide and conquer. If a class is fixed keep helping the others who have been oppressed.
-Cheap shot if you could be the artist of the revolution that would be awesome.
-Don't despair. We are the many and the powerless against the few and the powerful. We will win!

Demands of the revolution:
1. Make a dev team that has equal representation by all classes.
2. Democracy: Stop asking for community input then ignoring in favor of a loud Minority.
Case in point:
3. Stop Trolling.

If you can't do this perhaps it is time someone else did.

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2011, 08:07:06 pm »
+1
Give repick heirlooms !!!

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2011, 08:25:23 pm »
+2
hey fallen you are too much sensitive, ofc it was a joke... Do you realy believe that archery was nerfed because of you...!
Btw i didn´t say that you come to tournament with huge load of archers, i said that it was your fault because you were good...
Anyway, my apologize if i offend you.

On topic : real archer will stay archer, false archer will quit and that´s a good thing.

I just hope dev team will not nerf archery again otherwise it will be the return of 2hander noobs spammer...

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 08:52:45 pm »

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 08:58:42 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

God damn, those look just like some polearm backpedalers/xbowers I used to know.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Chaos

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Takeda
  • Game nicks: Chaos_Takeda, Spec_Ops_Chaos_Takeda
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2011, 09:06:02 pm »
I recently made a skip the fun archer character and I find it very, very fun with the new arrow speeds. Although the new soak effect and arrow speeds make my damage crap, its still highly entertaining. As far as overall effectiveness goes, even if I hit someone in the helmet with a perfectly placed arrow at medium range (and with a yumi bow, thats not too easy) he'll brush it off and still have the health to take some hits in the following melee. This should speak volumes about how crappy archery is against any sort of armor now. The majority of my kills so far have come from picked up melee weapons, and thats just sad.

Arrows can still chew up my horse though. And my cheap fur armor.

I'm not saying archers need a drastic buff, I'm saying we could use a little damage compensation for the arrow speed nerf. Especially since a lot of people are putting away their bows and picking up shields.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2011, 09:06:35 pm »
If that "official survey about item balance" was adherred to, we would:

Nerf 2h
Nerf pole
Nerf xbow

buff 1h
buff throwing
Buff horses
Buff Armor

Instead, we got:
nerf armor (more upkeep)
nerf horses
nerf archer

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2011, 10:17:40 pm »
If that "official survey about item balance" was adherred to, we would:

Nerf 2h
Nerf pole
Nerf xbow

buff 1h
buff throwing
Buff horses
Buff Armor

Instead, we got:
nerf armor (more upkeep)
nerf horses
nerf archer

The irony is staggering, especially since the results from that poll they discounted the classes that voted for themselves so there goes that excuse....

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2011, 10:41:50 pm »
I wouldn't say armor was nerfed really. Everything costs more in upkeep now, as I'm coming to understand all too well carrying four sets of throwing spears. Armor got worse in one area, but is a hell of a lot stronger against cut weapons now so it's hard to say if it's better or worse. It certainly sucks for people with heirloomed cut weapons. : / And throwing "did" get buffed. It got a lot of great changes. This change of damage just came at a poor time. I think they just try to release too many changes at once and it has to get very difficult to judge the effects.

There have been such major changes, and it would be nice to have heirloom point refunds and free respecs. A lot of us are going to have a lot of trouble getting to 31 for another heirloom. I finally made it last night and it was a painful experience I've gone through twice now during the throwing ups and downs.

Also, yup, look at that bro meme. There it is. Good for you.

As for helping in the revolution. I don't know if I have it in me. I worked so hard to try and get throwing to make sense and it still doesn't really even after the patch. Also the devs just don't give a shit and are trying to balance according to realism. I dont.... I've punched the brick wall enough and my hands are bloody. I'm off to bandage them for a while I suppose. There's no moving that wall.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:44:49 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.