Author Topic: Archery Nerfed  (Read 17404 times)

Offline Smiling Daemon

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archery Nerfed
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2011, 07:01:05 am »
+2
Bump

Archery sucks now. Its like shooting wet noodles at people.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 07:08:37 am »
Demands of the revolution:
1. Make a dev team that has equal representation by all classes.
2. Democracy: Stop asking for community input then ignoring in favor of a loud Minority.
Case in point:
3. Stop Trolling.

If you can't do this perhaps it is time someone else did.

lol
leecher players don't get to make demands of a dev team, especially for a mod.  There's no sub fee or money changing hands other than voluntarily.  In a p2p game you could at least speak with your wallet, but a free mod for a $5 game?  Pffft.

How about the revolutionaries develop their own mod, without ripping off chadz and crew (like that mercenaries dev)?  Just a thought.  You could be the lead programmer!
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Barracuda

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mersenaamat
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2011, 08:38:12 am »
+6
What I don't understand is that how does decreased missile speeds make archery now "more skilled"? IMO it makes it more luck based than anything else. Sure it takes more skill to shoot someone running a straight line but it's not very common that people run like that in the battle. Usually they change their movement and hitting them with low missile speeds requires some prediction and loads of luck.

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2011, 09:19:02 am »
What I don't understand is that how does decreased missile speeds make archery now "more skilled"? IMO it makes it more luck based than anything else. Sure it takes more skill to shoot someone running a straight line but it's not very common that people run like that in the battle. Usually they change their movement and hitting them with low missile speeds requires some prediction and loads of luck.

I was just thinking that, and I agree. It's the same way for throwing pretty much. Gotta hope they run into your projectiles instead of easily avoiding them.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2011, 09:50:49 am »
+1
lol
leecher players don't get to make demands of a dev team, especially for a mod.  There's no sub fee or money changing hands other than voluntarily.  In a p2p game you could at least speak with your wallet, but a free mod for a $5 game?  Pffft.

How about the revolutionaries develop their own mod, without ripping off chadz and crew (like that mercenaries dev)?  Just a thought.  You could be the lead programmer!

1st Point: Your correct. It's a five dollar game and chadz and the Devs have put a lot of work into this mod for little or no pay. So no they don't have to do anything the players say. What bugs me is that they always say this is a beta, therefore all of us a beta testers. If your trying to develop a quality product shouldn't you listen to your beta testers and not a small contingent of people who only play one aspect of the game. Overall, they have created a rich and vibrant community it's merely a shame they don't leave their ecko chamber to hear constructive input it can generate.

2nd Point: I would like to solve these balance problems amiably so that the community can remain solvent, hence the post. But what if a separate mod is an option? With every patch it seems like the devs are progressively moving to make the only playable classes 2H, 1H and pole-arm. If they want to change the game into foot melee only (They could call it cRPG Blade & Pole) that is totally up to them and well with in their rights. But that leaves a good amount of the community out in the cold. I'm no programmer, but I know some and I'm sure other disfranchised cRPG gamers are too. How about (and this is totally a test idea, and could be completely with out merit) cRPG players that dislike the direction of cRPG pool together cash to pay to chadz and the dev team for the code and get programmer talent to work on the code, then make a cRPG mirror that allows players to use the play style they like. Hell maybe the two mods could even integrate in a fashion with exp, events ect...  Overall, I see this as a bad option because it splits the community which is no good for anyone, but if they are just going to write classes and players out of the game it may be the only option.   
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:56:02 am by Mannhammer »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2011, 09:56:01 am »
If they want to change the game

Then it's THEIR mod and THEIR vision of how the want it to play.  That's really the only thing that matters.

Offline Mannhammer

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Only War is Eternal
    • View Profile
    • Forty Thousand Years In The Future
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2011, 10:01:52 am »
The whole sentence:
If they want to change the game into foot melee only (They could call it cRPG Blade & Pole) that is totally up to them and well with in their rights.

Then it's THEIR mod and THEIR vision of how the want it to play.  That's really the only thing that matters.

Didn't I already say that?

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2011, 10:02:38 am »
+1

Yet you keep going on and on about how they should nerf archers...what if the devs don't see it that way?

Offline Raki

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Teresa
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2011, 10:06:27 am »
As long as someone removes the chewing gum from my arrows, I'm a happy archer. There's this slight delay between releasing the mouse button and actually releasing the arrow.

I've only tried the (unloomed) longbow with 6 PD so far, so I can't speak for the other bows, but the only thing damage related that remotely bugs me is that I can't 1-hit peasants anymore, while everyone else can...(2 arrows into a guy who's running away from me in a pilgrim's disguise and yet he's still moving)

So yeah, the chewing gum effect, I don't really know what caused it (probably the lowered projectile speed), but it's the main thing that I would like you guys to turn back to what it used to be.

PS: on my 2h main, it's way too easy to dodge arrows, but that might just be the archers I've been facing...(I actually had someone give up on shooting me while I was dodging his arrows on my 1 ath thrower alt)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:08:16 am by Raki »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2011, 10:55:14 am »
Yet you keep going on and on about how they should nerf archers...what if the devs don't see it that way?

Then they won't do it.  Yet, they keep doing it so apparently it's working.   :mrgreen:

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2011, 03:29:04 pm »
As long as someone removes the chewing gum from my arrows, I'm a happy archer. There's this slight delay between releasing the mouse button and actually releasing the arrow.

I've only tried the (unloomed) longbow with 6 PD so far, so I can't speak for the other bows, but the only thing damage related that remotely bugs me is that I can't 1-hit peasants anymore, while everyone else can...(2 arrows into a guy who's running away from me in a pilgrim's disguise and yet he's still moving)

So yeah, the chewing gum effect, I don't really know what caused it (probably the lowered projectile speed), but it's the main thing that I would like you guys to turn back to what it used to be.

PS: on my 2h main, it's way too easy to dodge arrows, but that might just be the archers I've been facing...(I actually had someone give up on shooting me while I was dodging his arrows on my 1 ath thrower alt)

No its any decent 2her.  I used to rather easily dodge arrows as 2her before last patch (only really bad players or pure strength builds have problems, of course the main ones that complain about archery) and now its a complete joke, if I just switch to 2her I can kill 2-3 archers every round even if they are working together in a group.  Thats team balance under the developer's vision 1 2her > 3 archers.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Roran Hawkins

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hedge Knight
  • Game nicks: Roran
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2011, 03:36:20 pm »
Archery indeed does next to no damage. I went in light strange armour on a small battle, and an archer with 3PD fired 15 arrows at my chest, and I took 15% damage in total. He headshotted me and I took another 15% of damage.  He was using a bow or khergit bow, I wasn't really looking at his bow :|

This means that he needs at least 7 headshots to kill me in my LIGHT armour...

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2011, 04:16:45 pm »
Why haven't all archers switched to xbow yet, there is no point in being an archer over a xbow you guys could put those 5-6 points into IF or PS and still sit back at spawn and shoot the entire game away except you can hold your shots forever, do this stuff in heavy armor, have extra wpp to spend on melee proficiency, more projectile speed, reload faster, & to top it all off the big game finisher is xbows do more damage, LOTS more damage.

next question is

WHY ARE XBOWS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ARCHERY
stop balancing by realism, kthxbye

Archery should be better than xbows take a look at a few different builds for both classes, xbow builds are FAR more versatile at EVERYTHING.

and thats my rant, just my dumb ignorant opinion.

Offline Manabalu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Manabalu
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2011, 04:59:19 pm »
Archery indeed does next to no damage. I went in light strange armour on a small battle, and an archer with 3PD fired 15 arrows at my chest, and I took 15% damage in total. He headshotted me and I took another 15% of damage.  He was using a bow or khergit bow, I wasn't really looking at his bow :|

This means that he needs at least 7 headshots to kill me in my LIGHT armour...

Yesterday an archer onehitted me with a headshot against 50 head armor.

Offline Manabalu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Manabalu
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2011, 05:08:09 pm »
Archery should be better than xbows take a look at a few different builds for both classes, xbow builds are FAR more versatile at EVERYTHING.

Did you ever played a crossbowman? Create a Skip for fun char and do it. You will see that they have some disadvantages. At the moment xbows are maybe a bit better than bows, especially at low level, but they have their weaknesses. Skirmishing for example is way more effective with Archery.