Author Topic: Spam wise, patch failed  (Read 5694 times)

Offline Guduk

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_ODUN
Re: Spam wise, patch failed
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 08:46:10 pm »
Spam happens because you don't attack back, have a faulty build or just plain suck.

This!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 08:47:09 pm »
All those defending spam must be spammers themselves. I use 1h mace + shield and get good K:D, yet I still think spam is a problem. It's not true that spamming works in every game, some have fatigue implemented to prevent it, others have blocking mechanism that, if the block was very timely, delay the next swing of the spammer. Another thing that could be done against the spam is lower people's maneouverability, while they are swinging. And finally, the best solution would be to implement weapon wear and tear. Each strike that is blocked reduces the durability of your weapon, and this durability is used to determine whether your weapon simply breaks or continues to be whole.

Building a character with focus in the spicing of ham is easy, and it will push you to the top10 of the scoreboard. Something should be done to prevent that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Cheesecake

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Slippery Cheesecake Toss Boy_ Slightly ambiguous Dingleberries etc etc
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 08:49:00 pm »
I can block a lvl 30 spammer as a level 1 peasant with a torch.... wpp doesnt effect blocking speed.

granted you wont be able to do damage but consider this;  the longer this lvl 30 spammer is trying to kill a peasant , the longer he is NOT killing other people. Also after 3-4 succesful blocks, most spammers(not all players) will get tunnel vision and rage on you even harder trying to kill you, opening themselves up for lolstabs.

and I am FAR from an above average manual blocker and i can do this no problem..
Enter the sundering.

Offline BlackGyver

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • What's up white girl ?
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vendredi (formerly), Ninja_BlackGyver, Polydextrose_Bonbon, Professeur_Tournesol, Marc_Assin
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 08:53:11 pm »
[...] and there is the lightning-fast Katana, that will probably get nerfed again. [...]

While everyone seems to complaint about the katana speed, asking for a decrease, and yelling because it had 1SPD added, I'd like to remind you that the katana speed had actually recently been really decreased, and that the added speed is only an attempt to balance this serious nerf. The katana is still on top of 2H's speed, yet there's now a lot of other weapons faster than the katana.

I can block a lvl 30 spammer as a level 1 peasant with a torch.... wpp doesnt effect blocking speed.

granted you wont be able to do damage but consider this;  the longer this lvl 30 spammer is trying to kill a peasant , the longer he is NOT killing other people. Also after 3-4 succesful blocks, most spammers(not all players) will get tunnel vision and rage on you even harder trying to kill you, opening themselves up for lolstabs.

and I am FAR from an above average manual blocker and i can do this no problem..

That is the real problem. People just don't bother to manual block more than once or twice, and want to be able to spam back immediately. When I had my pure thrower, and got engaged in melee, I just usually switched to melee mode and just block till a friend helps me and backstabs the guy who was trying desperately to spam me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 08:56:35 pm by BlackGyver »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1001
  • Infamy: 945
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 08:58:22 pm »
Ninja spammers know how to block. Ninja spammer is not easy to kill but he wears light armor with crappy head armor which means one headshot and he's dead. The problem with 1H players is that most of them read some guide which says that you shoeld use diagonal slash and go for the head. Most of them do that first when they get in range. When I block them average players become confused and start slashing randomly, most of the time second slash is right hand slash which is easy to read and block. By that time they are dead. Tip for begginers in sword&board class: when you see a ninja or other 2H user using katana put shield on your back and outspam him and block his attacks manually with your spammitar.

Sickle sux anyway, it's meant to be used on slow guys with lot of armor, don't espect to kill a ninja with it. You have other 2 slots besides that sickle and your shield, use them to equip spammitar.

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 09:00:13 pm »
Fail.
fail fail

1. this is not an forum for people with vision disorders
2. lvl 10 is an good example  , low agi and wpf
3. double fail for you

Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 09:03:04 pm »
fail fail

3. double fail for you

No, level 10 vs someone with 30 agi and many more levels on you is not a good example.  A good example would be two equal level opponents.  In your example, you're SUPPOSED TO DIE simply because of your level if playerskill is equal.  You're lucky that the game itself even makes it POSSIBLE to kill that guy with 3x your level as a level 10 farmer.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:04:31 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1862
  • Infamy: 2107
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »
fail fail

3. double fail for you

Lvl 10 is what, a round and a half? You're just trolling imo.

Offline Kocik_4th

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: looking for
  • Game nicks: Kocik
  • IRC nick: Kocik
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 09:10:43 pm »
I'm the slowest melee in the game with 27 str 3 agility atm... And they aren't problem at me. cuz i know how to block their attacks.
Küfür mü? Ne küfürü? aaa?

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 10:16:10 pm »
Spam happens because you don't attack back, have a faulty build or just plain suck.

Bull, just having 1h character who is few level below spammer make spam successful. Problem lies in speed of 2h animations which are too good coupled with high damage of katana that allow good turning into strike and decent reach, that allow katana user to attack 1h user first.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 10:22:56 pm »
Fatigue is the dumbest idea i have heard, might as well add a mana bar too and a few support spells.  Warband has run JUST FINE for a long time without some poorly thought out fatigue system screwing up the dynamics.

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 10:28:28 pm »
I was on the duel server just a few minutes ago, I got a KD of like 70/6, 40 of those were done with a 1h sword with 0wfp and 21 agility, slow as hell. I still beat 95% of the people I faced, including ninjas with katanas, stimpy with 24 agility, 170wfp and staff, Longsword wielding agi-based light armor types, etc. etc.

I'm not sure what you people are complaining about.
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 10:39:07 pm »
In my opinion spam is always the fault the defender. If the defender does not counterattack then the attacker should and will press his advantage and attack again, and again, and again.

Players who don't understand this get repeatedly attacked, loose their cool in battle, mistime their counterattack, get killed, and then complain on the forums about spam, when really they just lost the initiative in their fight and got owned by a better player.

I've been on both ends of this type of attack... It's not spam, it's just the nature of melee fighting.

IMO.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 10:40:25 pm »
PArt of it is the new weight calculation for wpf.  It seems to have disappeared or become negligible so you can wear plate mail and swing just as fast as a naked guy with your weapon.  This originates spam where you can take a beating and so you spam away with your now extremely high speed elegant poleaxe, katana, etc.  Whereas the naked guy usually has to know how to manual blocks 1 hit kills him.  Still think the weight of your armor should actually affect weapon proficiency significantly as this seems to have been taken away post-patch.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 10:43:30 pm »
Learn. To. Block. :]