Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Recent hackings  (Read 38196 times)

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT: Recent hackings
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2011, 06:13:54 pm »
Ylca this may come as a surprise to you but we don't actually control hellowrold's actions. we didn't have him leashed or something and decide to let him loose. he did what he wanted to do. i know there's some bad blood between you and lljk but you're acting like we should have kept him from doing this when we didn't know he was actually doing it. yeah, he hung out in our teamspeak and played with us. that doesn't mean this was some weird lljk group action.

also tears, god damn son, lljk is not pay to play. you pay for an SA account but people who join solely to join the various goon clans/corps/guilds are usually mocked and banned.
FREE ALLERS

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »
I am a heterosexual male, and I believe these hackings were bad.

Keep your passwords random, password your fucking alt(s), and don't play on any servers linked to Ecko's site.

e: [12:35] <Ecko> think i'm gonna reduce alt view to admins only, and not allow it for public players

Or wait for that to happen, and draw pictures of what you think hellowrold and that other guy might look like, and throw water balloons of acid, filled with poison tipped darts at them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:39:10 pm by Classical »

Offline hellowrold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • proud republican
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2011, 06:16:05 pm »
not even im arguing that im innocent
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO CLAN AMBASSADOR
  • Game nicks: roymorrison
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2011, 07:19:04 pm »
Quote from: hellowrold
    why do you care if we are 'trolling'? you're not in LLJK so you have no RIGHT to tell us what to do
    you're not my dad roy
    my dad doesn't have brain damage.
No, I am your father.  Together we can bring dowj the empire and bring order to the galaxy.
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Misan

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Misan_Ulpius_Phallus Karawampa Kaladorn
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2011, 07:50:04 pm »
Goon is a state of mind, once a goon always a goon. I ain't even mad though, because that video was funny, even if it came at my expense. I can always respect lulz at the expense of others.
Troll complete. It is offensive to me and I would like you to change it.
If it is not changed I will do everything in my power to see you banned from both the game and forums.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2011, 08:42:16 pm »
chadz - How would I get access into my account then seeing as the PW's were changed.  The making an alt trick isn't working, so essentially I'm hosed?
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2011, 08:48:02 pm »
You're probably locked out due to failed attempts. Wait for cooldown, then try recovery again.
Don't.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2011, 08:52:08 pm »
You're probably locked out due to failed attempts. Wait for cooldown, then try recovery again.

Recovery being making another alt and trying to get in that way?

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2011, 08:53:39 pm »
That'd be it, yes.
Don't.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2011, 08:55:14 pm »
That'd be it, yes.

lol, ugh.  Gonna end up with like 30 random alts trying this shit.

*nvm, not bloody worth it.  lljk wins*
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:56:28 pm by Gorath »

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2011, 08:55:54 pm »
lol, ugh.  Gonna end up with like 30 random alts trying this shit.
Then you get to delete them all! Like I had to...when I realized I had to delete them on the site... :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2011, 09:03:15 pm »
Honestly, to be perfectly blunt, I don't give two shits of anyone forcing anyone to pay to play, as LLJK has ALWAYS done this and has ALWAYS been upfront about this. (clarification: Pay once).

I don't give two flaming shits either about some alliance not going through or some other such bullshit.

Fact of the matter is, hellowrold don goofed and fucked up my game. This is the only thing I care about. I don't care about clan tags. I don't care about anyone's petty squabbles. I care that some dipshit hacked, and I don't care about said dipshit's stories of crap that has nothing to do with said dipshit hacking.

If you people want to continue this He Said She Said crap, start another thread somewhere else as this is not the topic to start babbling about personal vendettas or clan politics.

In the mean time, piss off and let me play my game. No excuse for hacking.

Whoa, whoa buddy. There's no room in here for rational thought. This space is for grand generalizations, hypocrisy, and people fucked by goons in every game since WoW.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2011, 09:46:01 pm »
Bird clan was just a joke on BRD btw they all are in same TS

why not just own the hacking, it will win you points over on SA forums anyhow
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2011, 10:08:58 pm »
If you're going to pull spin control, it's generally best to send a neutral member, rather than someone who has done harm to the community maliciously and recently.

Alright. I suppose I'm qualified. Ylca is an ex-LLJK member who until recently was (any maybe still is) welcome to continue playing with us even though he wears other tags now. After some disagreement with some other members over theorized game bugs, or new player training, or some other trivial little detail that only he is passionately emotional about, he made a complete fool of himself with long rambling speeches akin to the disgruntled ramblings of the elderly. When people poked fun at him for taking everything too seriously, he erupted into an even more potent surge of lunatic ramblings. At this point people instructed him to calm down and take it easy, but he instead left LLJK and seems to see himself as some kind of weird internet vigilante, taking on the criminal underbelly of the cRPG community* (*Goons who made fun of him for being an idiot)

You don't have to take my word for it though. All that is just as public and even in the same place as the lines he himself quoted, and this thread is full of his pointless crusading, since hellowrold isn't even denying he is responsible.

From what I understand, there have been two isolated incidents where an LLJK member has done something like this, arguably one, since hellowrold has had BIRD tags for ages but I wont get into semantics anymore. Both have been banned and taken full responsibility. While I can say for absolute certain that in both cases, the clan members acted without the knowledge or co-operation of their clans, they both seemed to share a common goal. They both made a spectacular and attention holding display of Ecko's dismal security. For someone who is in charge of so many NA servers, he does not seem to care about the safety of the accounts of those playing on them. He even outright refuses to take any responsibility for the damage made possible by his lax protection of the admin password, and his easily exploited website. While I don't approve of their methods, and can't speak for them, I'd like to think they were doing some good with the bad, and maybe these incidents plus the others preformed by that group of people will serve as a wake up call that Ecko needs to manage things better. Neither event caused damage that couldn't be reversed after all.

I doubt it though since his behavior since has been just an "internet tough guy" act, showing that he is regressing, rather then learning. Not including the other "hackers" both Zealot and Hellowrold have taken responsibly and paid the price they knew they were going to pay. (not really hacking when the admin password was just freely available, and the peoples who's accounts were stolen had no passwords apparently, and were easily viewable on the nacrpg website) Dragging things out further by trying to get an entire group of players banned is just moronic. Makes me wonder if all these people lumping an entire clan together and calling for their bans, are the kinds of people who discriminate against entire races in real life.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:13:23 pm by Cheap_Shot »
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2011, 10:21:32 pm »
+1
Honestly, to be perfectly blunt, I don't give two shits of anyone forcing anyone to pay to play, as LLJK has ALWAYS done this and has ALWAYS been upfront about this. (clarification: Pay once).

I don't give two flaming shits either about some alliance not going through or some other such bullshit.

Fact of the matter is, hellowrold don goofed and fucked up my game. This is the only thing I care about. I don't care about clan tags. I don't care about anyone's petty squabbles. I care that some dipshit hacked, and I don't care about said dipshit's stories of crap that has nothing to do with said dipshit hacking.

If you people want to continue this He Said She Said crap, start another thread somewhere else as this is not the topic to start babbling about personal vendettas or clan politics.

In the mean time, piss off and let me play my game. No excuse for hacking.

Honestly I have never before seen Tears be emotional and make an irrational post like this. This only sums up the anger the community - especially the people that got directly affected by the hack - feels towards this incident.

What goes on is somebody's head that makes this person viciously try to ruin the fun or get personal revenge on fellow players left aside, there is another component which that person might be missing:

By taking away the achievements people have gained over a long time will not only upset them (haha), but make a lot of them quit the game forever. Now let this happen to a few core people in the community and this game and everything around it will never be the way it was before. Good people or bad, all crpg players are part of a community and if some of the core people (the people playing the most) get alienated by actions like these then guess what? Not only these players fun is spoiled but possibly the whole crpg community.

I would hope the people responsible could see this and at least own up to what they have done and apologize to the community and the people they tried to alienate from it.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?