Author Topic: IMPORTANT: Recent hackings  (Read 40075 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: IMPORTANT: Recent hackings
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2011, 04:42:10 pm »
When I worked at Swirve, if we wanted soemone gone, we did a Machine Ban. Checks the computer's unique identity and bans it. Not sure what the details of it were as that was not our job, but it worked like a charm as it is harder (as well as less common knowledge) to change it.

MEHULED!

You good sir are awesome for remembering that term! +1 for being old school.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2011, 04:43:33 pm »
+1
So, to shed some more light on the matter:

One of the hackers was LLJK_hellowrold, he also released a video of his victims. Another hacker/group of hackers was EBU_Tombreh and actually every EBU_ member was part of it. Both used the NA stat site to find new alt characters.

From what we know so far, every hacked account can be traced to to those two guys.

We'll release a patch soon that does the thing explained in the OP.

Willing to give names here me see's, now for the 40 autoblockers - fuck it why not

1. Metz
2. e.t.c.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2011, 04:58:46 pm »
Please note, Ylca is a disgruntled former member of the clan, who was kicked out after we suspected him of malicious activities.

If you're going to pull spin control, it's generally best to send a neutral member, rather than someone who has done harm to the community maliciously and recently.

Hi Zealot,

My status as an ex member of LLJK is well known as is my decision to leave and the circumstances of my departure (hint: Khan doesn't spend all day fighting themselves). Since you've given me reason to respond allow me to toss out a fun fact about our friend zealot.

Zealot is currently the webmaster for the LLJK private forums. These forums have a public and private section much like many others. Interestingly enough on the first day of it's creation, during a phase when each member had to be manually approved and there was only one person with the power to do so, Helloworld was among the first approved.

One could chalk it up to oversight were it not for the fact helloworld posted in almost all of the possible threads quite visibly including those for training, event planning, and strategus planning (with the super-secret LLJK strategus primer in plain view, no less).

Funny how a guy you barely know has so much internal access.

Oh i'm sorry, murmur murmur grumble grumble. Goons suck.

No, you're problem isn't that i'm disgruntled. LLJK doesn't suck as a whole it just allows people like you to constantly dribble in the punch ruining everyone's ride. Then you hop in here, make things worse for everyone and significantly more difficult to deal with diplomatically and the saunter back off to the circlejerk den, congratulated for causing the very subject of your own persecution. But why do they treat all of us like we're trolls all the time? Because you can't keep your trolls on a leash, they're not smart enough to stop at the point just before it's destructive, and best of all? They don't care if they burn the entire clan down around their latest joke.

Goons almost were banned from all NA servers over some stupidity Zealot pulled and it took less than a sentence of spin for you all think, no big deal. The company you keep, bros.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:00:10 pm by Ylca »

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 133
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2011, 05:30:33 pm »
Can we keep this on topic Ylca? If you'd like to address me, you can bring it over to the SA forums, the thread is public after all, I have nothing to hide.

I know I shouldn't give into this off topic nonsense but still: really are you so upset because I lobbied to have you removed from the clan, and the vote passed?  :rolleyes:

Anyway, glad this hacking nonsense is sorted, back to awaiting Strategus.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:35:47 pm by Classical »

Offline hellowrold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • proud republican
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2011, 05:34:51 pm »
im a hospitaller spy

Offline Linx

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Keepers of Abaddon
  • Game nicks: Shadow_Linx_of_Abaddon
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2011, 05:44:26 pm »
I love how the goons are trying to sweep Hellowrold under the carpet.

You got caught. Enjoy. If I were chadz, I'd personally ban every single one of your (LLJK) cd-keys but that would probably lead to DDoS attacks and what not.

I still find it absolutely hilarious how much bitching is going on.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:45:31 pm by Linx »

Offline robtherad

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »
hellowrold is really one of our triumvir

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »
You got caught. Enjoy. If I were chadz, I'd personally ban every single one of your (LLJK) cd-keys but that would probably lead to DDoS attacks and what not.

Sounds like you sir, would make an excellent North American server admin.

Offline hellowrold

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • proud republican
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2011, 05:49:35 pm »
http://campingthestairs.com/cRPGoons/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29

as you can see on the super secret goon forums that zealot forces all LLJK to pay him 50$/month for
my calls for alliance were rejected
i was heartbroken

Offline Linx

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2011, 05:58:53 pm »
+1
Sounds like you sir, would make an excellent North American server admin.

You know it  :wink:

I just have a pet peeve for SA/4chan. Probably stems from me getting goon'd in EVE years ago. Nothing personal.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2011, 06:00:31 pm »
Can we keep this on topic Ylca?

Are you even trying? Speaking of keeping it on the SA forums.

A little quote from helloworld. Anyone else notice he always references "we" when he speaks of LLJK in any thread either on SA or these forums. Wonder why no one from LLJK took the time to make the distinction till now.

why do you care if we are 'trolling'? you're not in LLJK so you have no RIGHT to tell us what to do
you're not my dad roy
my dad doesn't have brain damage.

Zealot, your aversion skills need work. Heat is on, you should probably bow out and let someone skilled handle it. Smoothrich is a pretty level headed guy, for instance.

Offline hellowrold

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
  • proud republican
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2011, 06:01:39 pm »
yes ylca, or you could look at my fucking signature you literal retard

Offline Linx

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2011, 06:03:28 pm »
Wonder why no one from LLJK took the time to make the distinction till now.

That would be like asking your government to give you top secret information even though you know it's obviously there. They'll avoid it as much as possible because they don't care if you know it's there or not.

Offline Classical

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2011, 06:07:43 pm »
yes ylca, or you could look at my fucking signature you literal retard

I avert my eyes due to possible seizures, maybe he does the same?!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2011, 06:10:53 pm »
+1
Honestly, to be perfectly blunt, I don't give two shits of anyone forcing anyone to pay to play, as LLJK has ALWAYS done this and has ALWAYS been upfront about this. (clarification: Pay once).

I don't give two flaming shits either about some alliance not going through or some other such bullshit.

Fact of the matter is, hellowrold don goofed and fucked up my game. This is the only thing I care about. I don't care about clan tags. I don't care about anyone's petty squabbles. I care that some dipshit hacked, and I don't care about said dipshit's stories of crap that has nothing to do with said dipshit hacking.

If you people want to continue this He Said She Said crap, start another thread somewhere else as this is not the topic to start babbling about personal vendettas or clan politics.

In the mean time, piss off and let me play my game. No excuse for hacking.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:43:50 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.