Author Topic: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Schedule. Tournament completed.  (Read 37339 times)

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
Recorded Team 3 vs. Team 4 battle so here it is ( added some story just for jewelry :) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DrZOMVikdo

Looks sweet!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline DesertEagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SB
Thanks guys for all your comments! :)
Edit: The music is awesome... Which movie is the soundtrack from?
13th Warrior, End titles - King Arthur
Of course, an ignorant viewer might get the wrong impression about the outcome of the battle.
I'm not completely fond how watchers are led to believe you guys won, but still a very good watch.
As I mentioned there "The battle was won" meaning that we won the last round in the vid, "but the war - wasn`t" meaning that the whole match was won by Team 3 :).

P.S. Anyway - it is just an ancient ballad, from dusty volumes of chronicles. Maybe chronicler embellished the story... a little  :wink:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:21:42 pm by DesertEagle »
My cRPG movie
Market Analyzer - check what possible ways you have to get desired item on the marketplace

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
Not unlike the real Teutonic Knights I'm sure  :lol:
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Ming

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
  • Let her distract you!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Shogunate
  • Game nicks: Shogunate_BD_Ming
  • IRC nick: Ming
+1
Recorded Team 3 vs. Team 4 battle so here it is ( added some story just for jewelry :) )
Nice video you posted, i enjoyed the story and the music.
btw can u add the scores too? thanks
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:24:02 pm by Ming »

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
Well guess what ? Team 1 kept attacking Team 2 all the time but one "heroic" rider managed to get away from the battle long enough to make it a draw (or was he actually planning to backstab or headshot all of us, 20-30 i believe was the number, on his own?). Please, enlighten us with a solution for such a situation, mister Einstein ?

I do believe that I have covered that in my post. Could you perhaps in the future read the whole post and also quote it in full?

If you dont want to risk a draw, then you should attack the opposing team before the timer nearly runs out.

I say that, only if the other team is running away....  a win can be awarded for team A/B.
Unless of course "Managing to get away" is not the same as running away?

Also besides that what might be nice to know is that, In Mount & Musket Grand Campaign ( 120 vs 120 player battles max) there was a rule that if one side was down to a ratio of 1 vs 10 then they lost the round. That rule seemed to work fine, however it must also be said that there was no pre-set number of rounds / round time, the only rule of time was that there would be played for 1 hour in total -  including all the rounds -.

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor

This is good stuff man. You should do more of it, the story was a nice touch and whatever you did with the standstill pictures close to the end looked really cool  :wink:
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
I do believe that I have covered that in my post. Could you perhaps in the future read the whole post and also quote it in full?
Unless of course "Managing to get away" is not the same as running away?

I only quoted and responded to the first part of your post cause it sounds like a clear provocation for Team 1 (who actively attacked in all the rounds they played), while your "solution" was already dismissed in the earlier posts by admins and referees.
Not that i don't agree with it but its not easy do decide who was running away, delaying, or anything like that, someone will always question it. Personally i didn't even see the one guy who kept avoiding death and pulled a draw on us but if most of the people say he was running away then i recon he was. On the other hand: i spectated Leed and the other cav vs our 3 pikemen and they sure weren't prolonging on purpose, they just made the wrong decision to stay on their horses instead of dismounting. I'm all for common sense decisions in such cases: the first case was a clear victory for Team 1 while the second case was a clear draw. But if someone HAD TO BE guilty for that draw it would surely be Leed for not dismounting and killing them all. If anyone should be blaming him for not getting a win then its his own team.  :wink:
I think some common sense rules should be made and leaders of the teams should be informed about them, so next time they can warn their members on TS not to run away, to dismount when needed or anything to prevent a draw. Main objective should be to try and win rather then try to hold for a draw, if you are unable to win then be a gentleman and lose. Draws in such events have no sense whatsoever, you didn't assemble 170 people to be making draws now, did you ?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:40:47 pm by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
Draws in such events have no sense whatsoever, you didn't assemble 170 people to be making draws now, did you ?

Good point G-man! :P

Offline DesertEagle

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SB
btw can u add the scores too? thanks
If you mean the screenshot of frags-table then I have no it, I don`t screen frag-tables :)
My cRPG movie
Market Analyzer - check what possible ways you have to get desired item on the marketplace

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I only quoted and responded to the first part of your post cause it sounds like a clear provocation for Team 1 (who actively attacked in all the rounds they played), while your "solution" was already dismissed in the earlier posts by admins and referees.
Not that i don't agree with it but its not easy do decide who was running away, delaying, or anything like that, someone will always question it. Personally i didn't even see the one guy who kept avoiding death and pulled a draw on us but if most of the people say he was running away then i recon he was. On the other hand: i spectated Leed and the other cav vs our 3 pikemen and they sure weren't prolonging on purpose, they just made the wrong decision to stay on their horses instead of dismounting. I'm all for common sense decisions in such cases: the first case was a clear victory for Team 1 while the second case was a clear draw. But if someone HAD TO BE guilty for that draw it would surely be Leed for not dismounting and killing them all. If anyone should be blaming him for not getting a win then its his own team.  :wink:
I think some common sense rules should be made and leaders of the teams should be informed about them, so next time they can warn their members on TS not to run away, to dismount when needed or anything to prevent a draw. Main objective should be to try and win rather then try to hold for a draw, if you are unable to win then be a gentleman and lose. Draws in such events have no sense whatsoever, you didn't assemble 170 people to be making draws now, did you ?

I thought we were talking about fictional teams A and B instead of an actuall team?
I was not at the battle, I have not watched any videos, I have not heard of the result or anything, I was merely commentating on the made up Team A and B  and their situation.

Anyway, these rules should be  a guideline for the refferee and the players. And then be left to the common sense of the refferee.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
NOTICE TO TEAM 1:

I'll be out of town and without internet for a couple of days. I expect to be back on Saturday.

Keep the constructive comments hidden a few days, and show them to me on Saturday. :)

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
If one team has more than twice at the end of the round , they should be awarded 1.5 points and opposite team 1 points.
So it will make the difference if happen two time , or if it end by a general draw

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
With a clear majority (almost 5:1) The rule will be implemented.

That is: if a team at the end of a round (draw) has more than twice as many +1 players alive than the enemy they will win the round.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
Rounds are going to last 1 hour and 30 min.

I will be gone saturday, but will probably check PM's. So write to me if any serious questions.

GL.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Huge Multi-Clan-Team Tournament: Battle Schedule. + Rules update!
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2011, 04:30:28 am »
rounds or battles?