Author Topic: OP Horse Archers  (Read 17643 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: OP Horse Archers
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2011, 10:27:34 pm »
That's because everyone hates them. When I have the chance to kill a horsearcher I will do it, even if it's the last thing I do.  :lol:

So arguably everyones hate of them = low survival rates takes away any suggestion of being OP :P

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2011, 11:09:55 pm »
So arguably everyones hate of them = low survival rates takes away any suggestion of being OP :P

For the hundredth time Overdriven, it's not because few likes to play HA, that they are often target, that they are not OP. Playing HA is not only a dedicated play, but i know it's also boring from my own experience and others stated the same thing, that's why some of us don't play it. Secondly, if they are always targeted first, it's maybe MAYBE because they represent the more threat beacause of being OP, and it's not the fact that they thus have a low survival rate that will remove their OPness.

Hey, i've got an idea for you. Nerf HA, this way they won't be focused, this way they will have an higher survival rate and... oh, they're OP again. Well, nerf them again then, till they disapear.

Your wannabee argumentation is as close to one as a female cat is close to a male dog. They're mammals, that's all.

Edit for next post : Making people happy and laugh is an honorable deed, isn't it ?  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:18:21 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »
For the hundredth time Overdriven, it's not because few likes to play HA, that they are often target, that they are not OP. Playing HA is not a dedicated play, but i know it's also boring from my own experience and others stated the same thing, that's why some of us don't play it. Secondly, if they are always targeted first, it's maybe MAYBE because they represent the more threat beacause of being OP, and it's not the fact that they thus have a low survival rate that will remove their OPness.

Hey, i've got an idea for you. Nerf HA, this way they won't be focused, this way they will have an higher survival rate and... oh, they're OP again. Well, nerf them again then, till they disapear.

Your wannabee argumentation is as close to one as a female cat is close to a male dog. They're mammals, that's all.

:lol:

That's all your post deserves.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2011, 01:45:31 am »
Im no HA myselt, for some gens i was cav in fact, but i got to say, if archers in ur team would be doing their job instead of focusing on peasants/low armorz to increase their k/d ratio, maybe HA would not be such a big threat. Intelligent infantry archers will always use the terrain (hills or roofs) in order to not get flanked by cavs so a good infantry archer will always have the upper hand on any HA if he is aware of his surroundings. Also a HA needs to be close to his target and run slowly in order to hit something, during that time he is really vulnerable to other HAs, jet pony cavs and other range. Also with the bow firing rate nerf, HA dont shoot fast anymore, i dont understand what ur trying to do, to me it seems u want to completly erase this class.

Damm, wear heavy armor/armored horsez and/or a shield and ull laugh at their damage.

Edit: being on foot or on horse, i never had any prob with HAs, at least nothing compared to infantry guided missiles arrows. My horse would die many more times to infantry range then HA.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:52:21 am by Siboire »

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2011, 07:25:46 am »
I said on one team.

Why should HA who want to be dedicated do that?

Jackie Chan is pretty much the best regular HA out there atm...of course you're gonna die when he's there :lol: The same way you would against the best lancers, 2H, archers or crossbowmen.

As I said before...HA actually have remarkably low survival rates judging from what I've heard of peoples K/D's.

They can, but eventually if they do that for long enough, they will either die, their team will die and they will be the last left and will inevitable run out of arrows and have to die, or their team will win anyway. The majority of HA's aren't game changing like many other builds are.

No the reason I pick out lancers is because they are the biggest threat to my own team. I could equally pick out 2h who move away from archers. But I don't, my first target is always taking out horses. Because cav will kill any of our archers and infantry who are presently engaged. It's got nothing to do with the lack of presence of archers more to do with the fact they are my biggest threat both to me and my team. Just like I'll take out an enemy HA first if possible, because I know that enemy HA will be doing the same thing I am.

Making HA only 1st person possible is no problem with me. But I don't think it's possible.

That something is difficult is a reason for it not being OP. Because most average players can't do it well. Again you're judging OP by players such as Jackie and Tuenala, or even GK's own Fru and Hentzi. You can't judge by the best. You judge by the average. And average HA do distinctly worse than average infantry or other cav.

EDIT: Missed a point. 4HA requires 24agi. That's a pure dedicated build directly built for being able to kill you off horseback. At anything less the the penalty is very noticeable. Especially on a courser. The number of points required to do that immediately makes up for any imbalance suggested. HA are put simply, shit in any other capacity.
menat one one team sorry :oops:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2011, 06:44:56 pm »
Copypasta from another thread:

It's not their massive K:D's that upsets ppl (cuz they don't have them), but the fact that they are so godawful annoying to play against if you don't have a ranged wep or a faster horse.

If a HA targets you and decides to stick with it, he will slowly chip away at your health while forcing you to jump around and spazz/hide behind cover for as long as he pleases, with nothing you can do against him.

It's the "there is nothing you can do" part that pisses players of, not that they rampage through entire teams with ease (that's lancecav, yes I've seen the hybrid "shrugs").

(Not to mention that they're the worst delayers (read: most effective) ever, but that's a player issue really)

HA's are not op in the sense that they deal massive amounts of damage, they're just so frippin' annoying if you don't have the right equipment to fight them.

+The fact that they encourage camping (as it is the best way for archers to deal with them) and a generally defensive and boring playstyle.

They are boring to play imo, they are very boring to play against and they are just a general cause of frustration.

(click to show/hide)

Nefing horse maneuver would fix HA's abit I think (as it would make it easier to actually catch them), while also being a much-needed nerf to lancecav (is there anyone denying they're op still?), while keeping an internal balance within the classes (HA's SHOULD be a counter to lancers imo). 

For the record: Imo Horse xbows are both very annoying and very op since they actually deal damage, can hybridize better thx to ammo and wpf req and have the option to go down the painfully annoying 10 + riding route.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:56:03 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2011, 06:56:31 pm »
Sigh I hope the devs ignore such nerf cav threads.

Honestly I think bringing back throwing would help. Pre throwing nerf, they always used to be the biggest threat to lancers and HA. There were lots of them and they did high amount of damage if you got in close. Especially throwing axes...ouch :evil:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:57:44 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2011, 07:43:36 pm »

Honestly I think bringing back throwing would help. Pre throwing nerf, they always used to be the biggest threat to lancers and HA. There were lots of them and they did high amount of damage if you got in close. Especially throwing axes...ouch :evil:

I agree. Throwing was one of the best obtainable counters to horse archers in particular. Because they have similar effective range, throwers and hybrid-throwers were arguably one of the best classes to eliminate HA. If throwing is balanced correctly (read: not nerfed again, because rocks are "too effective,") then the effectiveness of HA will decrease.

HA are currently starting to become a problem because of a lack of one of their best counters.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2011, 08:24:36 pm »
I agree with the throwing argument. Not because I think HAs are OP but for the reason one more option of playstyle disappeared. Everyone cried for a throwing nerf and then we got it. Maybe that was the start of the age of HA who knows. What I do know is that once again the cry for nerf is here. With fancy arguments and make believe scientific proofs to boot. To me all your nerf argument sound kind of like this:

"The paper is OP!" said the rock to the scissor. "As a rock I should be able to counter it, I mean that would bring balance to this game".

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2011, 02:05:35 pm »
They nerfed throwing, made spears 2 slots and drop to the ground when weapon switched. It was a gift to cav, who was never really underpowered in the first place..

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2011, 02:08:46 pm »
Don't mind Thomek, he's just angry that cav took his place as backstabbers =).

The problem imo with the over accurate horse archers (and therefore normal ones too) is the added accuracy bonus when you loom a bow, remove that, and the classes are balanced again.

Don't mind the fish.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2011, 05:50:10 pm »
Don't mind Thomek, he's just angry that cav took his place as backstabbers =).

The problem imo with the over accurate horse archers (and therefore normal ones too) is the added accuracy bonus when you loom a bow, remove that, and the classes are balanced again.

Then you'd screw foot archers as well :rolleyes:

No don't remove loomed bows. That's like saying a loomed 2h is to fast with it and they shouldn't be allowed.

Hell let's remove all heirlooms as no one should be allowed to enjoy their hard work :D

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2011, 05:52:25 pm »
I hate horse archers with a passion, but having said that, they don't deserve a nerf. They're not op, they're just a genuine pain in the ass I can rarely harm.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2011, 05:54:09 pm »
I got the perfect thing that will resolve both the archer and HA whine: remove the reticle, i mean definitly. archery would be more about the skill of the player.
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2011, 06:01:19 pm »
I got the perfect thing that will resolve both the archer and HA whine: remove the reticle, i mean definitly. archery would be more about the skill of the player.

Although I have tried the no-reticule thing (due to a graphics dropping out sometimes meaning for some reason it disappeared for a while), I got a few hits and kills, but honestly it would have such a steep learning curve it's not really worth it.

Plus my understanding is the reticule isn't hardcoded. And modding it is compatable with cRPG. So you can't actually perma remove it. If people want one it's easy enough to find one to download as many already do (due to the native ones sucking).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 06:02:25 pm by Overdriven »