Author Topic: Why are leechers so stupid?  (Read 6224 times)

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
Re: Why are leechers so stupid?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 02:55:55 am »
Upkeep ruin the game, it's too expensive to maintain gear that it's oblige us, high lvl player, to play in very light armor if we want to save enough money to play our plate one day in the future. It's IMPOSSIBLE to upkeep plate armor+ good shield+ good weapon, even with x5 bonus. We NEED to save . The game is not the same anymore. (Yeah we know Gorath, plate is bad, it's the devil, blah blah blah)
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 03:05:26 am »
I just don't understand how so many people say they have no money and can't upkeep their equipment. I have no problems with money whatsoever. Hell, this morning on one of my characters I made 20k in just a couple hours. Even with upkeep I make WAY more money than I did pre-patch. I don't understand where all the whining comes from.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ActionMan3K

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Little fish in a sea of serfs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 03:07:40 am »
I just don't understand how so many people say they have no money and can't upkeep their equipment. I have no problems with money whatsoever. Hell, this morning on one of my characters I made 20k in just a couple hours. Even with upkeep I make WAY more money than I did pre-patch. I don't understand where all the whining comes from.

Agreed.  All of my characters are making money hand over fist even with the upkeep.

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 03:09:53 am »
Try to play as a 1hander/shield player. Everyround you've to pay your weapon or your shield, maybe both + Your armor. 400 for a nordic champ..300 for a shield...+ armor if you're unlucky. If you havn't the multiplicator ar x3, hard to make money with medium gear, and i don't speak about plate..

You guys, must be an archer or a peasant without any good stuff to upkeep
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 03:13:26 am »

Repairing a heirloomed Strawhead is not expensive:-)

Whiner? Where?

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 03:17:59 am »
Try to play as a 1hander/shield player. Everyround you've to pay your weapon or your shield, maybe both + Your armor. 400 for a nordic champ..300 for a shield...+ armor if you're unlucky. If you havn't the multiplicator ar x3, hard to make money with medium gear, and i don't speak about plate..

orly?
Klappvisor
Red tunic over mail
Leather boots
Leather gloves
Langes Messer
Lance
Elite Cavalry Shield
Sarranid Horse

Total cost:  52,155 gold.

This is my STANDARD SETUP and I'm making money steadily, not losing it.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Cannibal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • QQH
    • View Profile
    • CannibowlCC
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 03:22:08 am »
...Why do leechers need money?  I don't get it!!!  Do they swim in a big virtual pool filled with money somewhere?

I have pool parties on Wednesdays... but I don't think you're invited... I'll enjoy my virtual millions with my other virtual Denar millionaires.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 03:24:18 am »
Upkeep ruin the game, it's too expensive to maintain gear that it's oblige us, high lvl player, to play in very light armor if we want to save enough money to play our plate one day in the future. It's IMPOSSIBLE to upkeep plate armor+ good shield+ good weapon, even with x5 bonus. We NEED to save . The game is not the same anymore. (Yeah we know Gorath, plate is bad, it's the devil, blah blah blah)

Did you read chadz statement when he implemented the changes? If so, then you must realize that you were exactly the part of the community that made the game not fun for anyone who hadn't grinded for countless hours. chadz is obviously not gonna change the game back, and I'm glad, because when I see today some dude in full plate, being bashed by 3-4 ppl not even blocking that greatly and still managing to survive for tens of seconds, then I can't imagine I could have fun leveling while every other person was this terminator.
So please either leave or play the mod and stop whining, because that certainly won't get you anywhere.

Offline Cannibal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • QQH
    • View Profile
    • CannibowlCC
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 03:28:06 am »
orly?
Klappvisor
Red tunic over mail
Leather boots
Leather gloves
Langes Messer
Lance
Elite Cavalry Shield
Sarranid Horse

I use a very similar set-up minus the homo horse/lance combo :P

My set-up with my heirloomed weps costs just a tad bit less then that total and I'm walking away from the PC 3-10k up every time I play... even with repairs. 3k being without many multipliers and 10k obviously with a nice streak. I only ever play in minimal gear when I'm drinking beers/toking with friends over and can't put 100% attention on the pc :P

So... are some people just getting suuuper unlucky or...

they get 10k and then spend 9k of it on gear they don't really need and then whine they can't afford repairs on gear they really can't afford yet anyway. Would you buy a Bugatti if you worked at Wal-Mart? Another example... if you win $500,000 it wouldn't be very smart to buy a $475,000 house would it? Without a proper income, you can't afford the taxes...

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 03:37:32 am »
orly?
Klappvisor
Red tunic over mail
Leather boots
Leather gloves
Langes Messer
Lance
Elite Cavalry Shield
Sarranid Horse

We've done the math several times and that makes you a liar.

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 03:41:08 am »
Lechers are the dirt of this Game and yea they exist and they dont need a Reason for that wat they do they gain Gold and XP and thats all!

And dont say an Peasant can do nothing 1 explain (and something like that happened more than 1 Time)1 Peasant was standing beside me he had a Weapon in his Hand 1 Enemy arrives Me and that Enemy start Fighting the Peasant just stand there and watch i hit the Enemy 2 Times the Peasant still watching instead of trying to hit the Enemy to maybe stumble him wat happens the Enemy slice me in Half with 1 strike the Peasant run away but the Enemy is faster ...Both Dead Round lost and its not like they just standing around they hide too just to maybe survive the Round and dont loose a Live + get Multiplier!

I mean hey they are able to stay the whole Day on the Server to End up with lvl 31 and a shitload of Gold!

Areed to degrease it a little little bit but remove ???U MAD?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:46:34 am by Beleidiger »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 03:44:46 am »
We've done the math several times and that makes you a liar.

No, the math showed that you can maintain 20k ish gear if you LOSE EVERY ROUND and still make gold.  With a higher multiplier and longer streak with that multiplier you can maintain a much higher gear cost.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,676.0.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 03:49:28 am by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Litho

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 03:46:48 am »
Dying over and over to useless jerks just because they have superior gear or higher stats can be frustrating. It's easy to see why people might leech if they feel like their character is too weak to be able to contribute in any fashion other than being a target. More a problem with cRPG than the players, IMO.

(the only way I personally "leech" is suicide charging into guys so I can sit out a round, usually I do try to at least sneak up on people and clobber them though)

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2011, 03:50:55 am »
Dying over and over to useless jerks just because they have superior gear or higher stats can be frustrating. It's easy to see why people might leech if they feel like their character is too weak to be able to contribute in any fashion other than being a target. More a problem with cRPG than the players, IMO.

(the only way I personally "leech" is suicide charging into guys so I can sit out a round, usually I do try to at least sneak up on people and clobber them though)

And no one will make you Suicide but the Try to Help would be Appreciated!

And everyone should get a Bit Gold/XP for Free but Pls not in the same amount like the Guys ho workt hard for it!

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2011, 03:51:04 am »
No, the math showed that you can maintain 20k ish gear if you LOSE EVERY ROUND and still make gold.  With a higher multiplier and longer streak with that multiplier you can maintain a much higher gear cost.

You can maintain maximum 48500 and this will break even, with 52k you will lose gold, you instead say that you're gaining gold. Now you might gain a little if you get a nice winning streak to get a 5x for a few rounds, but in the long term you will lose gold. Pretty simple concept, no need to troll anymore.