Author Topic: Why are leechers so stupid?  (Read 6221 times)

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
Re: Why are leechers so stupid?
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2011, 07:59:38 pm »
I didn't create this thread to argue about upkeep.  I think it works just fine and can easily make money with 40k+ in gear.  What i don't understand is still why leechers just sit around and make money?  Are they eventually gonna play the game?  This isn't WoW where you need to kill the monster to get gear to kill the monster.  This game is designed to be fun to play.  If you don't play to have fun then why play at all?

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2011, 08:07:16 pm »
I didn't create this thread to argue about upkeep.  I think it works just fine and can easily make money with 40k+ in gear.  What i don't understand is still why leechers just sit around and make money?  Are they eventually gonna play the game?  This isn't WoW where you need to kill the monster to get gear to kill the monster.  This game is designed to be fun to play.  If you don't play to have fun then why play at all?

I don't understand it either. If they're THAT worried about making money, they can still run around and be effective in cheap gear. They can make a decent amount of money running around in medium gear. There's even less of a reason to sit around and do nothing after the patch than before the patch. Before you had to keep close to the fighting. Now you can die wherever. Charging in and dying in a blaze of glory is great fun now as you don't get penalized for dying too quickly or being away from the fighting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2011, 08:08:17 pm »
i made a new char from scratch and have been playing it on and off for about a week i think

i wear a tunic over mail (36/7), mail mittens, khergit boots and weild a sword of war or flamberge usually and constantly make money

yesterday i bought Mail and Plate (50/18) and Mail boots and had about 3k gold left. Even after 10 rounds, some of them x1, i could still wear the armour but decided to switch when i got to 1-2k

Upkeep is not game breaking - not saying it cant be improved (how im not sure) but right now it's pretty ok.

If you can see no point in playing because you are already earning your x1 then i think you're missing the point too.

I have most fun when playing with people on ts, usually same faction but any1 is welcome to come on Fallen ts when they're playing warband.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 08:09:24 pm by RandomDude »

Offline Silent

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2011, 10:18:57 pm »
Doesn't matter how big kdr you have, you end up with roughly average (1x+0.9*2x+0.8*3x+0.6*4x+0.5*5x)/5 = 2.1x multi per hour. At least in siege mode for me.