Author Topic: Nerf Longbow and Crossbows (And give back old textures on bows!)  (Read 7493 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Nerf Longbow and Crossbows (And give back old textures on bows!)
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2011, 04:49:42 pm »
+1
What have you been smoking Seawied? Arbalests are deadly, sure, but if you don't throw a shitload of wpf into crossbows, you'll use one minute to reload and have a crosshair that won't fit the screen. Crossbows are better snipers for campers, bows are better for moving around and picking targets along your way, supporting teammates in their melee battles. Neither is really good as non-dedicated, both are good in their own way as dedicated. Problem?

Only thing I don't like is the regular crossbow being half-decent with no investment, but meh, not a big deal.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2011, 06:11:01 pm »
What have you been smoking Seawied? Arbalests are deadly, sure, but if you don't throw a shitload of wpf into crossbows, you'll use one minute to reload and have a crosshair that won't fit the screen. Crossbows are better snipers for campers, bows are better for moving around and picking targets along your way, supporting teammates in their melee battles. Neither is really good as non-dedicated, both are good in their own way as dedicated. Problem?

Only thing I don't like is the regular crossbow being half-decent with no investment, but meh, not a big deal.
Problem is that they deal way too much damage, a few points off there and it's fixed.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2011, 06:24:32 pm »
Also we can make arrows and bolts very worthy not the price but the quantity.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2011, 10:54:58 pm »

Dedicated archers, and dedicated crossbowmen are both fine. Arbalest damage is a bit on the high side, but that's not game-breaking by itself. The problem lies in the fact that anyone can pick up a top-tier crossbow with 0 invested wpf or skills and be incredibly deadly. Bows do not have this problem. A 10% damage nerf would still allow a dedicated crossbower to kill in the same amount of shots 98% of the time. It would prevent the 1 shotting of most high level non-agility builds though.

the WPF requirements would also not affect dedicated crossbowers in any way, shape or form. If anything, it would help them by reducing their competition and number of ranged users. Dedicated crossbowers would become more valuable.

By the way, I'm writing this as someone whose main character is a crossbow hybrid.

@Gorath: with exception to the hunting crossbow, all crossbows are very viable to use against any player in the game... even tin-cans! The only viable bows are Longbow and Warbow against any player, and the khergit bow against people without triple heirloomed plate armor.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:57:31 pm by Seawied »
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2011, 11:16:35 pm »
The problem lies in the fact that anyone can pick up a top-tier crossbow with 0 invested wpf or skills and be incredibly deadly. Bows do not have this problem. A 10% damage nerf would still allow a dedicated crossbower to kill in the same amount of shots 98% of the time. It would prevent the 1 shotting of most high level non-agility builds though.
So the problem is that you dont need any investment to use crossbows but instead of introducing something like wpf reqs you want a damage nerf which is completly useless in this case?

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2011, 11:18:38 pm »
you obviously have not read the thread blackmilk.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2011, 11:31:58 pm »
Ive read the most but I read this and start wondering if that was your point

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2011, 11:37:41 pm »
My opinion: Lower damage on xbows globably by about 10%, and add wpf requirement to all xbows except for hunting. the arbalest should require about 108 wpf, heavy should require 72, regular should require 96, light should require 84.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2011, 04:36:40 am »
It would prevent the 1 shotting of most high level non-agility builds though.
Do all of you guys run around nekkid?  Really, wtf.  Unless you mean headshots.  But 1-shot body shots?  Preposterous sir.

@Gorath: with exception to the hunting crossbow, all crossbows are very viable to use against any player in the game... even tin-cans! The only viable bows are Longbow and Warbow against any player, and the khergit bow against people without triple heirloomed plate armor.

You forgot the strong bow, which is absolutely a beast and what I use(d) on my archer/1her hybrid with GREAT success.  Even against tin-cans.  Sadly all my toons were deleted except my low level SWAT so I don't get to enjoy my medieval FPS.  :(

Offline Vex.

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • Fancy
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: Nord_Vex_TheWeakling
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2011, 12:28:09 pm »
Lol'd again... Long bow is for tincans etc.. etc.. And the reload time takes ages. If u hate the archers so much, go to a melee only server, they will always be there iven if u like it or not.
But remove pierce dmg from long bow is just wrong. With my mw war bow i need to use 6 arrows on a tincan, with long bow i use 3. But still i prefer mw war bow over long bow cuz its faster and the arrow dons't fall that much while it's raining

But i agree with the xbow nerf, sniper xbow oneshots too much, nerf the dmg down -10 pierce or something.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2011, 12:32:32 pm »
+2
Xbows are the only weapons so far untouched by the heirloom nerfs.
Heirloom nerf and a few points off their damage overall is the perfect fix, as said before, 10%.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Sultan Eren

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Sultan Eren
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2011, 01:04:48 pm »
+1
Maybe wpp requirement like sea said...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lamix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2011, 01:52:50 pm »
I'd like to see dmg reduced a lot and them to use Powerdraw stat, i know this makes little sense for how crossbows work but if i get 2 shotted by a melee char i know they invested 7-9 points in power strike, if i get 2-3 shotted by long bow i know they invested the same on Power Draw, if i get almost 1 shotted by xbow i know they bought an xbow... i would like to see some investment other then the inital cost and some wpp for one of the hardest hitting weapons in the game.

and yea bring back old textures these new ones are really bad.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:54:36 pm by Lamix »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2011, 08:01:37 pm »
+1
sniper xbow oneshots too much

Can we please stay in reality for once?  ^  That, does not happen.