Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 24288 times)

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2011, 05:26:33 am »
I don't think chadz & team will ever be able to satisfy everybody with the nerfs. No matter what you do, there will always be people whining about this or that. When you make an attempt to satisfy everybody, that's when the problems come in. I say many people are satisfied with this patch atm and we should keep it like that. No more nerfs to archery.

Offline JAG_

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2011, 05:29:40 am »
Archers are way too buff - I think that if they have this much range power they should not be able to bring melee weapons nor be able to pick them up in battle.  2 arrows killed me wearing plate armor (just like b4 the patch).  They really need a good fix!  Its becoming BS again. 

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2011, 05:37:49 am »
2 arrows killed me wearing plate armor (just like b4 the patch). 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No, no they didn't.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2011, 05:38:31 am »
Archers are way too buff - I think that if they have this much range power they should not be able to bring melee weapons nor be able to pick them up in battle.  2 arrows killed me wearing plate armor (just like b4 the patch).  They really need a good fix!  Its becoming BS again.

Maybe next time you should try covering your face then...and if you're talking about 2 body shots, then I call BS on you sir.

Offline ActionMan3K

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • Little fish in a sea of serfs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2011, 05:44:01 am »
DerpofHerpDerp(aka Pridecrusher, Crymoar, etc...) just finished a 39 and 3 match as a war bow wielding archer.

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2011, 05:51:15 am »
I will also call BS on two-shotting plate armor.  With 45 body armor, the strongest body shots I've taken were just over half my health.

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2011, 05:56:39 am »
DerpofHerpDerp(aka Pridecrusher, Crymoar, etc...) just finished a 39 and 3 match as a war bow wielding archer.

yeah she own like that .... always
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline JAG_

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2011, 06:21:27 am »
Both shots were body shots and i was wearing Druzhina Elite Lamellar Armor

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2011, 06:25:07 am »
Both shots were body shots and i was wearing Druzhina Elite Lamellar Armor

First that's not plate.  2nd, no way those 2 shots, unless from a warbow with like 7+ PD took you from 100% - 0% hp.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2011, 06:31:56 am »
First that's not plate.  2nd, no way those 2 shots, unless from a warbow with like 7+ PD took you from 100% - 0% hp.

Even if a huge PD archer with the strongest bow got two lucky max damage hits, even IF Jag is telling the truth, the skill points invested are massive for that kind of damage.

Players who are able to get anywhere NEAR that type of damage have had to invest pretty much ALL of their skills into archery to get the power and accuracy for those kinda shots. They're useless in melee as a result and they need to wear light armor for maximum accuracy. Archery is very hard to master and takes a lot of skill points. I don't see the problem with it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 06:34:01 am by Stokes »

Offline JAG_

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2011, 06:39:26 am »
Just wait a few more days when all the players that retired to become archers start recking the fields!

Offline Whalen207

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • If I see that fucking pickle one more time...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: [Guard_Whalen207 [Guard_Whale_Tosser [Guard_Whale_Tank [Guard_Whale_ArrowSpam
  • IRC nick: Whalen
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2011, 06:42:39 am »
I rode calvary in a match...
Every death was by archer. Even the dudes with the poleaxes can't compare to them against calvary. They're even taking out some of the stronger horses with a couple of hits.

I think Cavs need a buff. We always get nerfed.  :)
Arma 2, Mount and Blade, Garry's Mod and Coloholics Roleplayer, Coder, Mapmaker and Moderator.

Offline Webb

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Taylor Gang
  • Game nicks: Ink_My_Whole_Body
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2011, 06:59:11 am »
BAsically you want to be a2handed god who cant be stopped except by other 2 handed gods

This is the problem right here.  2hers only want to be killed by other 2hers because they feel that they should be killed by the skills of another person, not luck.  Therefore every 2her/melee will come on and say that they have been 1-2 shotted by an archer which is not true at all.  I've have considerably played after and before the latest patch (even before that too) and I don't see any problem.  I use a 2her now, I took a shield, moved up with my team, and then when I get close i put the shield on my back and swing away.  I dont understand why people cant just accept dying....it's multiplayer thereforce you cannot be invincible to everything. 
You know what it is

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2011, 08:31:56 am »

This is the problem right here.  2hers only want to be killed by other 2hers because they feel that they should be killed by the skills of another person, not luck.  Therefore every 2her/melee will come on and say that they have been 1-2 shotted by an archer which is not true at all.  I've have considerably played after and before the latest patch (even before that too) and I don't see any problem.  I use a 2her now, I took a shield, moved up with my team, and then when I get close i put the shield on my back and swing away.  I dont understand why people cant just accept dying....it's multiplayer thereforce you cannot be invincible to everything.

I just want balance in two things

1.  risk and effort vs payoff
2.  advantages vs disadvantages

Every type has trade-offs that are obvious to me in both areas... except archers.

Edit:   Just encountered the perfect example.  I retired my archer to rebuild him for 2H as his secondary instead of 1H.  So I brought him into battle with a hunting bow/3 quivers of bodkin arrows/0-level armor.  Very first round, I camped a rooftop and shot at passersby.  Got two kills out of I think 5 hits landed.  Didn't die.  Very first round.  Level 1.  Never got close to an enemy.  Had to strafe a couple times as enemy archers fired at me from very long range, and then gave up when they realized they weren't going to hit me.  Last two survivors of the enemy team stormed the building I was standing on and engaged two of my teammates in melee.  I stood casually a short distance away and harrassed them with arrows.

Zero risk.  Zero effort.  Positive score.  Level 1.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 09:05:55 am by SalmonGod »

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2011, 09:06:43 am »
If they want to be killed by skill not luck they should propose bow accuracy less of a lottery.

Just encountered the perfect example.  I retired my archer to rebuild him for 2H as his secondary instead of 1H.  So I brought him into battle with a hunting bow/3 quivers of bodkin arrows/0-level armor.  Very first round, I camped a rooftop and shot at passersby.  Got two kills out of I think 5 hits landed.  Didn't die.  Very first round.  Level 1.  Never got close to an enemy.  Had to strafe a couple times as enemy archers fired at me from very long range, and then gave up when they realized they weren't going to hit me.  Last two survivors of the enemy team stormed the building I was standing on and engaged two of my teammates in melee.  I stood casually a short distance away and harrassed them with arrows.

Here is Vargas ilustrating your case.

Your dmg is between the yellow and blue lines.
Care to remind us who did you kill with your 25 dmg on unarmored falling to about 12 versus leather armor and below 5 versus mail?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:05:09 am by cutsomecheesewithmybow »