Author Topic: Archers buffed too much  (Read 24298 times)

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Archers buffed too much
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2011, 12:27:53 am »
+1
Native archers shoot faster and more accurately, but people who play native don't hide behind barns. They use shields! O-M-G! Can you imagine that? It's absurd that anyone would use a shield instead of a flamburger! I wonder why archers almost never kill me in cRPG? Oh wait, right, I use a shield build. Why can't I kill ol' Balby with my archer? Oh wait, right, he uses a shield build too. Moral of this story? Stop complaining!

So you're behind a shield.  Congratulations.  Still can't do much without lowering the shield.  And they're watching you.  Always.  Waiting.  Go ahead.  Get in that melee.  You have a shield, you'll be ok.  You're only blocking a projectile every 2 or 3 seconds.  You have enough time for a sword swing in there.  Just one sword swing.  INTERRUPTING ARROW dead.

P.S.

I used a shield, too.  I gave up.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:30:11 am by SalmonGod »

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2011, 12:45:17 am »
+1
While we're at it - am I the only one that has problems interrupting archers by bumping them (running into them)?

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2011, 01:01:30 am »
+1
they are like rats, multiply every seconds.. too many of them now

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2011, 01:07:42 am »
+1
omg archers are way to op, got shot 3 times in head and died thats just ridiculous
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2011, 01:18:03 am »
+1
omg archers are way to op, got shot 3 times in head and died thats just ridiculous

lmao damn right pre patch archer could most likely 1shot/2 shot anything under medium armor,
pre .210 we needed 3 arrow to kill a peaseant and now we can kill light with 2-3 medium with
4-5 and run away from heavy but we are still OP ....  even a 0 skill shield can absorb like 6 arrow
with PD 6 i dont c where is the problem i get 1 shoted by 2hand all the time.... omg nerf them ...
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !

Offline Amadeo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2011, 01:19:11 am »
+1
NA is 80 or 100 population cap, a team is max 40/50. It's between 24%-30% if server is full at the time of capture.

Really? The 120 server went away in the week i've been gone then.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 13, 2011, 01:38:05 am »
+1
There's something completly stupid with archery :

It's easier to hit a heavy board shield user than a buckler user  :rolleyes:

The forcefield nerf (although needed) is currently partially failed and make rolling an archer too easy (I've no experience in archery, but I yet make 3:1 ratioes on some maps with a lvl 20 archer created yesterday). And I'm not even speaking about the miserable armor most people wear that make ranged extremely deadly.

So, yes, light damage nerf please. Otherwise I'll probably stay playing with this char without any fear of the Upkeep-of-Doom, having fun being the bundle of sticks that interrupts fights/kills horses/headshots at the other side of the map/hides/monkey around/runs faster than everyone/is still skilled in melee combat making a poor dedicated meleer be ashamed of his failure duelling you/camps roofs/glitch with ladders/go in unreachable places... and so on.

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 13, 2011, 01:55:13 am »
+1
lmao damn right pre patch archer could most likely 1shot/2 shot anything under medium armor,
pre .210 we needed 3 arrow to kill a peaseant and now we can kill light with 2-3 medium with
4-5 and run away from heavy but we are still OP ....  even a 0 skill shield can absorb like 6 arrow

My 16 str/45 body armor/huscarl shield user got two-shotted by arrows several times the night .21 was released.  I don't believe for a second that an archer over level 20 with a sensible build will ever take 5 arrows to bring that character down.  Other times I got interrupted in melee for a good portion of my health, and my opponent could easily use the stutter to finish me off.  Regardless, archers were responsible for a majority of my deaths.  The only way to avoid it is turtle turtle turtle turtle.

In the last version, archers still killed or disrupted me often enough, but I could at least afford to actually play the game once in a while.  An interrupt wouldn't take so much of my health that the following opportunity strike would kill me.  It was devastating, but I'd still be in the fight.  And I wasn't such an easy free kill on open ground.  Now I'm forced to spend most of the game standing behind a shield or around a corner... or just become an archer myself.

i get 1 shoted by 2hand all the time.... omg nerf them ...

Not the same.  At all.  The 2-hand suffers enough disadvantages that he actually deserves that damage.  He has to push through melees where he often fights multiple opponents at once who can also 1 or 2 shot him.  He's under constant threat from range.  The game mechanics of melee fighting are also more in-depth.

When he reaches that poor, helpless archer, he should be considerably weakened already.  If not, the archer put himself in a bad position and/or failed to support his melee teammates and/or failed at the opportunity to whittle down the charging threat.  Regardless, the archer pulls out a melee weapon and fights back.

Archers suffer no serious weaknesses or disadvantages and enjoy the most one-sided combat exchanges in the game.  As such, they do not deserve to be deadly.  Their role should be to weaken, slow, and distract the enemy, not rack up kills.  The last version placed them in this role near-perfectly.  I think they deserved a bit more accuracy, but that's all I would have given them.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2011, 03:53:22 am »
+1
My 16 str/45 body armor/huscarl shield user got two-shotted by arrows several times the night .21 was released.  I don't believe for a second that an archer over level 20 with a sensible build will ever take 5 arrows to bring that character down.  Other times I got interrupted in melee for a good portion of my health, and my opponent could easily use the stutter to finish me off.  Regardless, archers were responsible for a majority of my deaths.  The only way to avoid it is turtle turtle turtle turtle.

In the last version, archers still killed or disrupted me often enough, but I could at least afford to actually play the game once in a while.  An interrupt wouldn't take so much of my health that the following opportunity strike would kill me.  It was devastating, but I'd still be in the fight.  And I wasn't such an easy free kill on open ground.  Now I'm forced to spend most of the game standing behind a shield or around a corner... or just become an archer myself.

Not the same.  At all.  The 2-hand suffers enough disadvantages that he actually deserves that damage.  He has to push through melees where he often fights multiple opponents at once who can also 1 or 2 shot him.  He's under constant threat from range.  The game mechanics of melee fighting are also more in-depth.

When he reaches that poor, helpless archer, he should be considerably weakened already.  If not, the archer put himself in a bad position and/or failed to support his melee teammates and/or failed at the opportunity to whittle down the charging threat.  Regardless, the archer pulls out a melee weapon and fights back.

Archers suffer no serious weaknesses or disadvantages and enjoy the most one-sided combat exchanges in the game.  As such, they do not deserve to be deadly.  Their role should be to weaken, slow, and distract the enemy, not rack up kills.  The last version placed them in this role near-perfectly.  I think they deserved a bit more accuracy, but that's all I would have given them.

BAsically you want to be a2handed god who cant be stopped except by other 2 handed gods and dont want to lose a melee fight because your opponents allies did better support then your own allies.  BooHoo, my 2h/thrower is still the most OP build I have right now, far more than archer, stop whining already as archery is now the weakest class still.  Archers die a lot more easily then your strength 2Her build.  I kill archers all day long with my 2h/thrower both with sword and throwing.  As an archer half of my kills are bys word as its so easy to dodge arrows now with the incredibly sLOOOOOWWWW aniamtion.  If you keep dyig its because you are 1) not practicing situational awareness, 2) running in a straight line or not moving, or 3) taking forever in your own melee fights, or most likely all 3.  Learn to dodge and weavea  bit and you can easily kill any archer, though throwersa re a nother story.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #189 on: January 13, 2011, 03:54:21 am »
Archers in medival times were only used for wounding or maming but never killing. they need to be nerfed into oblivion
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2011, 03:58:34 am »
+1
with PD 6 i dont c where is the problem i get 1 shoted by 2hand all the time.... omg nerf them ...

more exaggerations

0 req shield takes 2 arrows

arrows u missed with dont count

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2011, 04:03:47 am »
+1

:mrgreen:

Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline SalmonGod

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2011, 04:17:28 am »
+1
BooHoo, my 2h/thrower is still the most OP build I have right now

If you keep dyig its because you are 1) not practicing situational awareness, 2) running in a straight line or not moving, or 3) taking forever in your own melee fights, or most likely all 3.  Learn to dodge and weavea  bit and you can easily kill any archer

I have very little trouble with throwers.  High damage throws are so slow moving that if all you have to do to counter archers is dodge, the same applies to throwers x10.  You also fail at situational awareness much harder if a thrower kills you, since they have to be much closer range.  You should know when a thrower is targeting you.  It's obvious and in your face.  Archers rarely so.  You have to scan the entire visible map to know how many archers are likely to be targeting you at any time.  Throwers you just need to glance at who's nearby.

The only excuse I see to dying against a thrower is if you're in the middle of a big crowd that gets spammed into.

As an archer half of my kills are bys word

And this only illustrates one of my main points -- that archers suffer no major disadvantages.  Apparently you can handle those unstoppable 2H melee gods when they reach you.  Either that, or you're charging headlong into enemy archers or cavalry, which I don't think is what you're implying here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 04:23:25 am by SalmonGod »

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2011, 04:38:27 am »
"Balanced" or realistic take your pick. If archers have to be balanced with the other classes than the game will not be representative of medieval warfare and hence will be WoW/checkers/counterstrike. Balance makes games corny in the end.

Offline forgivers

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Forgivers_PxC
« Reply #194 on: January 13, 2011, 05:18:32 am »
+1
more exaggerations

0 req shield takes 2 arrows

no way ok maybe 4-5 but only 2  that not true
Actually, it's because I love playing archer, and I like it to be special.
Sad !