Author Topic: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.  (Read 25720 times)

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
Re: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2011, 02:37:56 pm »
In native polearms and twohanders were waay much slower, but people killed insane ammount of other people while playing with them. But yeah, it's all about balanced teams, this is a team-based game after all. Fistful of archers can kill army of guys without cover, given if they have enough arrows, so get some cover :wink:

Also might I point out, that even full plate back in the days didn't always succesfully protect you against bodkins or internal injuries.
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Manabalu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Manabalu
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2011, 02:41:01 pm »
Also might I point out, that even full plate back in the days didn't always succesfully protect you against bodkins or internal injuries.

Plate shoudn't make you invulnerable of course, but taking more than 4 arrows should be possible.

Offline Kuhparnicuhs

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Coalition
  • Game nicks: NilsFnils_HRE
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2011, 02:45:05 pm »
Bandit your clearly an idiot...read up on the internet there are tons of battles won by archers. And TBH shields have too much coverage... they have a tiny shield and you aim for their legs and its somehow attracted to the shield , same for the head its BS also why would the shield have coverage anywhere else other then where the shield is... its stupid and unrealistic . If you want a game without archers play something else but shut up moaning all the time and just play the game dont you think archers get annoyed when they are run down by cavlry or chased round the map by a noob shielder looking for an easy kill. I thought so.... so stop your whineing.
Okay so if the archer is actually aiming for the legs or the head the shield should be completely useless? That would make everything much harder for shielders, and there really is no other way to have it, shielders are shielders so that they can block projectiles. Also, why do you think shielders' are noobs cause they chase you around the map? If they wouldn't, you would just shoot everyone, you're the one who's 'whineing'.
Also, could you please link me to some pages about battles that were won by archers? Since you seem to know so much about them.

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Risen_Crixus Risen_Amender
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2011, 02:45:54 pm »
+1 ^ and btw guys its common sense to try and get on a rooftop so you have more vision of the battlefield and you dont have to worry about cav flanking you all the time... Also it allows you to get clean shots off at people without there being as much of a problem of hitting your team... When i was 2H i found archers annoying so i just took an old board shield with me = problem solved, if have ever used a 150-200 pound pullback longbow in RL then you will know how powerfull they are... absolutely devestating.

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2011, 02:50:09 pm »
All you need to do is look on the internet... here are some http://www.archeryweb.com/archery/crecy.htm, http://www.archers.org/default.asp?section=History&page=longbow.

And no idiot im saying if you have a tiny shield it shouldent/wouldent protect your legs or head. Its retarded like you clearly.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:52:31 pm by Amender »

Offline Kuhparnicuhs

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Coalition
  • Game nicks: NilsFnils_HRE
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2011, 02:53:49 pm »
Any more? Like from any other wars/periods? The first one is from the same campaign as Agincourt, and the second one is just an index on longbows.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2011, 02:57:44 pm »
i have an idea, make unsheathable shields that take 0 slots
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2011, 02:58:12 pm »
The Hundred Years' War was dominated by it... im not scouring the web for you do it yourself.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2011, 02:59:35 pm »
dude Longbowmen practically bounced off tincans once the full plate was perfected german or italian didnt metter, not even 25m off lonbbowman couldnt harm a tican. FACT

they were always a support troop, but they are chart toppers on some maps, not all but some maps in this mod. thats whats wrong here

and ye in a hunderd years war english got their asses kicked btw.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:01:07 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2011, 03:04:06 pm »
Dude, there where lots of Archers in medievil times get over it. Incase you forgot Archers won many battles E.G the english longbow and Agincourt. You are supposed to hate and fear archers and make it one of your teams main objectives to take them out before they pick your team appart. If you must hide behind some cover or something. use this - :) ~ Crixus

After 500 years,  the english  propaganda works perfect . Typical "hollywood spirit"  syndrom, far away from reality ,  well known as tunnel vision. 

Who  conquered the whole world in the late middle age our overrated  hollywood archers or european steel?

The Hundred Years' War was dominated by it... im not scouring the web for you do it yourself.

Middle age = only hundred years war?
Who won the hundred years war?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:07:44 pm by Bonze »
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2011, 03:04:44 pm »
I never said the longbow pwned tincans? its obvious that the arrows can only penetrate them where the armour is weak, visor slits etc but there are records of both arrows glancing of plate armour and of arrows piercing through, and there have been recent tests of it showing the arrow piercing the armour but not enough to kill.. so its open to debate realy and i dont care what you think. Besides your going off the topic of crpg becoming a medievil css thats what i didnt agree with. Enough said.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2011, 03:09:15 pm »
After 500 years,  the english  propaganda works perfect

Worked the same way as religion.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2011, 03:11:31 pm »
Bandit your clearly an idiot...read up on the internet there are tons of battles won by archers. And TBH shields have too much coverage... they have a tiny shield and you aim for their legs and its somehow attracted to the shield , same for the head its BS also why would the shield have coverage anywhere else other then where the shield is... its stupid and unrealistic . If you want a game without archers play something else but shut up moaning all the time and just play the game dont you think archers get annoyed when they are run down by cavlry or chased round the map by a noob shielder looking for an easy kill. I thought so.... so stop your whineing.

Again....are you people plain retarded or you just role-play retards?

None of us ever said that we want this game to be without archers. You should learn to read before writing rubbish like this. We are talking about balance here, about 80% of people shooting something. I will say this out loud and clear: anyone who thinks this is a normal state of this game/mod, the way IT SHOULD BE, is plain stupid. Now prove me wrong and throw some arguments, instead of writing nonsense.

OR, get chadz & his team to admit it in public: yes, this is what we want and this is what it will always be: medieval FPS mod (we want as much ranged as we can get) with most of the maps suited for archers, the rest of you just grab some shields or pray that a half-suitable map for your class comes up next in the rotation. When they say that we're done speaking.

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2011, 03:11:50 pm »
I never said the longbow pwned tincans? its obvious that the arrows can only penetrate them where the armour is weak, visor slits etc but there are records of both arrows glancing of plate armour and of arrows piercing through, and there have been recent tests of it showing the arrow piercing the armour but not enough to kill.. so its open to debate realy and i dont care what you think. Besides your going off the topic of crpg becoming a medievil css thats what i didnt agree with. Enough said.

but arrows pwn tincans in this mod, thats the problem here.

about the studies. if the arrows did pierce lets say the chest plate since its the biggest target, under the plate you had more protection so basically you could barely bruise the knight at most.

and the mod is becoming medival css because of that very fact, its easier than grabbing a weapon and learning to block, but you dont really need to right.

p.s. i have respect for the really good archers in this mod, the ones that have real skill and are as dangerous with a sword and a bow, this type of dudes are practically unbeatable, but they are a biiig minority.

so theres my argument.

yours is i dont agree...

Agincourt!!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:17:46 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2011, 03:15:37 pm »
Yeh but armour was not perfected in them times... they didnt have great alloys like we do now.

The House of Valois was eventually victorious over that of the Plantagenets.
Although England won most of the battles, it was France who actually won the war as they profited the most from the ordeal. France gained nationalism, something vital to an empire that wants to sustain its independence. During the war, France was made up of states each ruled by a Duke with their own interests at hand. Late in the war they realised the importance to unite in order to push the English from their lands. England lost because they had insufficient numbers occupying the garrisons they conqured and this allowed the French to slowly wear them down, along with the help of great leaders such as Bertrand du Guesclin and Joan of Arc. The English were eventually repelled to the Pale of Calais. But technically the English won the war 1337-1453!

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_won_the_Hundred_Years'_War#ixzz1PA4qB5Tk