Author Topic: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.  (Read 25668 times)

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
Re: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:42 pm »
I like to remeber the times, when there were only Random Plains on EU_Crpg_4 prepatch. Two armys camping on two different hills, a shieldwall up front and the archers shooting from behind. You hit shit most of the time or were lucky to hit some random guy in the crowd behind the shields and the battle started when either the cav came form behind or the arrows ran out. Gave the whole thing some kind of a "real" feeling. And yeah, it was quite boring too most of the time, but nostalgia is such a nice feeling.
määääääääääh!

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Risen_Crixus Risen_Amender
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2011, 12:59:52 pm »
No, that would be stupid..... In RL you aim, by looking down the arrow and in MnB you cant to that... Also its a game. No reticule would be stupid.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2011, 01:00:02 pm »
Dude, there where lots of Archers in medievil times get over it. Incase you forgot Archers won many battles E.G the english longbow and Agincourt. You are supposed to hate and fear archers and make it one of your teams main objectives to take them out before they pick your team appart. If you must hide behind some cover or something. use this - :) ~ Crixus

(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:52 pm »
fucking took you only 4 pages to mention Agincourt the most famous "archer won" battle that English hyped up with incorrect numbers and other bs, so now every time anybody say something about archers some smartass comes and say Agincourt and its all forgiven, yeh if they won in Agincourt battle than it must be true archers dominated medival battlegounds.

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 01:16:42 pm »
No, i mean people who think that 80% ranged is a normal state of every battle, and people who tell other people to grab a shield or host their own melee-only server.

I don't believe that. I believe that the current state of some battles has a large number of ranged, but honestly, I'm used it, having played like hundreds of hours of Native where if you weren't an archer or crossbowman, you probably had some javelins or throwing axes on you. I'm telling you, in general cRPG, there's no good way to fix the amount of ranged players, especially dedicated ones. They invest the points, they use a weak sidearm if any, they play how they want. Strategus is a different story, limits could be imposed on how many of x class each side can have, but in pub on pub general battles, you're not going to see a change until you either a.) host your own server b.) play on the already existing melee only Thursday-Sunday NA server c.) people get bored with their class and switch to something else.

Honestly, I wouldn't grab a shield. I wouldn't host my own server. I'd play the game as it is, and I do, and I encourage you to dealwithit and do the same, or take some real action, because your issue lies with the personal playing choices of others, not with the balance of the game itself.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:17:59 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 01:21:49 pm »
Doesn't the problem lie in (no)teamwork? With a tight team you can combat pretty much anything, get together, shields at the front, advance. It beats everyone splitting up into 2 groups at every corner.
Except this doesn't work at all. Shields no longer have any cover apart from a slight area in front of the shielder. There is no way to cover teammates. Also remember that they camp hills/roofs/anything with a high elevation and they just go LULZ and shoot above the shielders.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Risen_Crixus Risen_Amender
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 01:29:35 pm »
Bandit your clearly an idiot...read up on the internet there are tons of battles won by archers. And TBH shields have too much coverage... they have a tiny shield and you aim for their legs and its somehow attracted to the shield , same for the head its BS also why would the shield have coverage anywhere else other then where the shield is... its stupid and unrealistic . If you want a game without archers play something else but shut up moaning all the time and just play the game dont you think archers get annoyed when they are run down by cavlry or chased round the map by a noob shielder looking for an easy kill. I thought so.... so stop your whineing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:30:51 pm by Amender »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 01:44:31 pm »
Agincourt!!!

btw. im not a shielder.

btw.2 i never said it was the only battle just the most famous one and probably the only one u know, so time for you to go to the wikipedia and digg up some more archer won battles to make me look stupid. google education ftw!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:49:53 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2011, 01:50:56 pm »
I didnt read the thread, I will just say that people who whine about archers are stupid. Archers need buff, there are so many unshielded people around. If you feel that crpg is medieval CounterStrike try to play native for a few days. I had screenshot with 90% of archers on each team...with camping of course...ah wonderful times :D I coudnt do one step without raised shield.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2011, 01:53:46 pm »
Using the "ROFL Agincourt!!!111" Card again? It's getting old.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58:29 pm »
Been playing on EU Pecores

50 vs 50 battles, even teams, group tactics, archers won't dominate because wise use of siege shields/shield walls, cavalry really has to time their charge unless they want to get poked to death, flanking and all other cool shit

Then back to NA

Most of times 80% players online are 2H, greatsword wielding poopsockers or cav that blindly charges, everyone is whining if some people are actually managing to kill them without being in full plate, archers are OP, throwing is OP, everything that their sword can't reach and is affecting their K:D is OP.

e: I think what matters in this is the fact that most of NA maps are some sort of retarded citymaps or things like that where you can't really outmanuver good archers because if they'd have more plains and battlefield-like maps people would baww about horseys.

ee: Protip on horseys, pike costs like 5k and has 300 reach.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 02:12:27 pm by LLJK_Korea1 »
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline Manabalu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Manabalu
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2011, 02:22:51 pm »
Archers need buff, there are so many unshielded people around.

Are you serious? That argument is even better than Agincourt.

Archers are a part of the game and I think they are fine as they are. I think the problem is the armor, especially 23k+ armor. It reduces your money very fast (money you need since market) but you get 4-shotted (instead of 3) anyway. Fullplate should be a reliable arrow protection.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 02:25:11 pm »
People have mentioned roofs and blamed archers.... Maybe you should be asking for new maps with unreachable roofs! It can be done.

Class based mega whine threads have come and gone over the months and I've seen archery ones more than once, it resulted in a nerf before, then they got rebuffed after because people argued archers were useless, same for cav, and polearms. Why? Maybe because the majority of the e-peen obsessed players are 2h players for a start, then also maybe because the majority of melee are 2h users also. So higher numbers of players carry a louder voice and is probably why we see threads like this pop up so often with so much support for them. It doesn't lead to any absolute balancing it doesn't lead to any real solutions that pleases everyone. What these kind of threads do is encourage a donkey to fix things that are hardly broken instead of focusing on strategus or good map making.

Threads like this may cause the development of significant additions to this mod to never come to fruition.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2011, 02:27:31 pm »
Are you serious? That argument is even better than Agincourt.

Archers are a part of the game and I think they are fine as they are. I think the problem is the armor, especially 23k+ armor. It reduces your money very fast (money you need since market) but you get 4-shotted (instead of 3) anyway. Fullplate should be a reliable arrow protection.
Shielders almost disappeared, and you want armor buff...LOL

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2011, 02:28:13 pm »
Maybe there wouldn't be so many people bitching about ranged if 4 out of 5 players weren't either 2handers or polearms.  It's like playing tf2, everyone going spy, and then complaining that there are 2 pyros on the other team.  Perhaps the price for running around wildly swinging your insta kill greatsword is that occasionally an archer is going to plink an arrow at you?

How about instead of further nerfing ranged into the ground we just make all the 2handers and polearm users invulnerable.  I mean sure, most games are "balanced" and make the classes that do the most damage able to take the least amount of it, but god forbid someone with a bec and plate armor might occasionally die to something.