Author Topic: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.  (Read 25794 times)

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2011, 03:22:50 am »
(click to show/hide)

Ignorance upsets almost as much as the shitty overuse of memes, agreed. I'd rather have an intelligent discourse if possible.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2011, 03:45:23 am »
I'm an archer and I have learned to run (I didn't always.)  My job is to place at least one arrow in each melee player attacking my team to weaken them and to engage other archers so my team isn't targeted.  If I have to run to do that...I will.  I don't carry a melee weapon (really can't with only 15 arrows per quiver) and mostly play siege.

Running is strategic in at least two ways:

1.  If I can get three hungry melee players chasing me,they are not attacking my team or the flag.
2.  If I can't get them to chase me I can aggravate them enough that they get off their game and when they finally get near my flag they are a little heavier (arrow heavier)

It does get a little aggravating for me to hear melee complain about archers, when a number of their coveted kills come from extremely weakened attackers.  We help pad your stats.

When called a my old friend my response is simply:  drop your melee weapon and pick up a bow and we can range duel or are you a scared little my old friend yourself???????? 

Virtual death doesn't scare me.  Not giving my best effort or taking the path that leads to my teams best chance of victory does bother me...falling back/running goes against everything inside of me, but it is in the best interest of the team.

As far as OP I remember putting 8 bodkins in one tincan before he eventually killed me, and I enjoyed every hit.

Now if you chase me long enough I will turn  and allow you your easy kill (after all you deserve it right, plus it just encourages your appetite to chase more archers and not the flag : )  )

One last thing.  I think there are a lot of archers that don't know their job.  They stay on the wall, and even when the flag is in danger, they stay on the wall.  A few have really made me mad at times.  When ?'ed, their response is "what was I supposed to do, they would have just killed me!"  For any archers reading, my opinion is that once the wall is breached you fallback and die under the flag.  You will find 50% of my deaths occur near or directly under the flag.  You will find me trying to raise it back up as my team is fighting off the attackers who had control, you will find me running to the flag, running in circles around the flag, and running in and out of the melee players (stalling for time and trying to make them TK/TW each other until teammates arrive.)  I usually last a few seconds; sometimes it is just long enough.  One time it was hilarious, there were about 10-12 enemy hugged up to the flag, I ran into the middle of them and we all face-hugged each other...what was funny was they couldn't land a hit for about 10 seconds...............................then they killed me : (  They even laughed.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2011, 04:09:33 am »
About the amount of whine for archery, the qqers got 2hers nerfed already, so they are now focusing on another group...and i foresee when archery nerf commense, there will be complaining about the amount of trees on maps or some other shit, the community will never be happy as a whorle.

For more serious note tho: i do find the number of archers disturbing. I do not give a shit about enemy archers as i usually do not see those who kill me and i can dodge the ones i see pointing at me  (well, i could before, now need to regain more athl again). What pisses me more, than enemy archers, are friendly idiots. I am not calling an archer who is shooting to teammates an archer, its and idiot. Countless time i am shot to my back, leg, head or somewhere else from my back and i see NO FREAKING ENEMY ARCHER or HA nearby, how could that be?

And to all them smartasses saying: allow ppl to play what they want, grab a shield, get athl...i freaking choose 2her so i didnt had to carry shield around, i made my build the way i wanted, so STFU about me being intolerant with your gamestyle while you are telling me i should change mine in order to survive, bullshit.

And as any other "serious" complainters here, i did play all the classes i had troubles with for at least one generation in order to learn their weaknesses. I was performing quite well with the archer actually. Considering i suck at this game, this is alarming.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2011, 04:30:13 am »
There are four types of whiners in this thread. Those who can't tell the difference between an arrow and a bolt, and those who can tell the difference but prefer archery get nerfed because they are using the xbow for a sidearm to go with their 2 handed spambot attacks, and thirdly those who think that their 2 hander/polearm should be able to wipe the map with 5 archers in leather and get pissed that the archers are now working in teams and lastly, those who have ranged players on their own team, but rather than working with them to eliminate the ranged threat on the other team, think that they should be able to go off and Rambo all by themselves and be the Superhero  :wink:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:32:16 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2011, 06:06:53 am »
lol

The last few pages of responses are hillarious because apparently noone really paid any attention to what the thread was about.  It's NOT a "nerf ranged" thread.  It's not an "archer" hate thread.  It's merely a thread about how there's a gigantumoungus number of ranged PLAYERS on the server(s).

Again, as I said before, it's about the PLAYERS not the game itself.  The thread is simply bitching about the sheer volume of "fuck melee, I want to play an FPS" mind sets in the game.  Sadly it's not a cRPG issue, but a warband issue as a whole.  The greatest (only) melee combat game we have at our disposal but people would rather play a robin hood counter strike mod.   :rolleyes:
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2011, 06:45:47 am »
lol

The last few pages of responses are hillarious because apparently noone really paid any attention to what the thread was about.  It's NOT a "nerf ranged" thread.  It's not an "archer" hate thread.  It's merely a thread about how there's a gigantumoungus number of ranged PLAYERS on the server(s).

Again, as I said before, it's about the PLAYERS not the game itself.  The thread is simply bitching about the sheer volume of "fuck melee, I want to play an FPS" mind sets in the game.  Sadly it's not a cRPG issue, but a warband issue as a whole.  The greatest (only) melee combat game we have at our disposal but people would rather play a robin hood counter strike mod.   :rolleyes:

That's your interpretation. How about "Goddamn I'm tired of being 1 shotted by cavalry and they just fucking run away from pikes, so I've GOT to get RANGED to deal with the bastards!" But go ahead and think what you want to think. It's a RANGED problem, not a response to a CAVALRY situation  :rolleyes:
You know why it has become a "problem"? The throwing nerf took away the short range weapon. Only thing left is the long range of bow and xbow and that's where people went in order to counter the cavalry. Contrary to popular opinion, some players don't like riding a horse, yet need to deal with them. Bring back the short range throwing option and you wont see you being hit from across the map quite so much. Or remove cavalry.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:51:00 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2011, 06:53:17 am »
That's your interpretation. How about "Goddamn I'm tired of being 1 shotted by cavalry and they just fucking run away from pikes, so I've GOT to get RANGED to deal with the bastards!" But go ahead and think what you want to think. It's a RANGED problem, not a response to a CAVALRY situation  :rolleyes:
You know why it has become a "problem"? The throwing nerf took away the short range weapon. Only thing left is the long range of bow and xbow and that's where people went in order to counter the cavalry. Contrary to popular opinion, some players don't like riding a horse, yet need to deal with them. Bring back the short range throwing option and you wont see you being hit from across the map quite so much. Or remove cavalry.

the cav counter argument is funny, bad cav does not avoid pikes, good cav takes down even pikers unaware of them coming or thru corner or sumtin :P my reaction to : ffs oneshot by cav was i started paying more attention to my surroundings :))

Anyways, yeah, the amount of wannabe CODers here is freaking bad :( Meelee only sucks as it doesnt have the right atmosphere...

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2011, 06:58:13 am »
Oh my god, you're so right! You don't play ranged, but you can read the minds of those who do!. Goddamn, you should get a psychic connection 1-800 number!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:02:58 am by Rumblood »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2011, 07:08:58 am »
Oh my god, you're so right! You don't play ranged, but you can read the minds of those who do!. Goddamn, you should get a psychic connection 1-800 number!

if this was on me, then i have to prove you wrong, i actually DO play an archer

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2011, 07:16:13 am »
if this was on me, then i have to prove you wrong, i actually DO play an archer

OMG, you rolled an archer once. You are indeed the guru of all opinions  :rolleyes: I got a news flash, most who have been playing this for any length of time has tried every class there is. It doesn't make you, or them an expert in them  :idea:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:17:30 am by Rumblood »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2011, 07:39:28 am »

Wow...
This has to be your version of trolling right?  You don't know how to thrust with a 2her or polearm?  Carry a spear or pike?  Jumpslash?

Cav sure aren't a problem on the melee only server for the good infantry/melee players.  Don't know why you think the only solution to cav is ranged when everyone else does just fine.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2011, 07:48:40 am »
OMG, you rolled an archer once. You are indeed the guru of all opinions  :rolleyes: I got a news flash, most who have been playing this for any length of time has tried every class there is. It doesn't make you, or them an expert in them  :idea:

i do have an archer alt, which i do play, i just dont babble about it all the time, gosh...

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2011, 08:04:35 am »

Show me one ranged player on this list.  You fucking whiny bundle of stickss.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2011, 08:09:27 am »
 :D

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2011, 08:14:41 am »
Show me one ranged player on this list.  You fucking whiny bundle of stickss.

You're still missing the point.  The point isn't to NERF ranged.  Simply that there's TOO MANY bundle of sticksS in the game: AKA ranged players