Author Topic: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.  (Read 25840 times)

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
Re: we're back at CounterStrike medieval.
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2011, 10:21:26 am »
Archers are only a problem if you are a peasant. Armor and arrows are positively charged, while linen tunics and steppe napkins are negative. Put on those rags, arrows and armor will come flying at you.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2011, 10:24:44 am »
I'm an archer myself, it's true there is many ranged units, not so many archers, lot of crossbows and no mre throwing wp (!).

That's the problem, throwing has been nerfed to death, archery is nerfed, xbow stay a valuable choice without to much requirement.
There is more sidearms xbower than dedicated wbower, ppl need a ranged weapon because its lame to be shoot to death without any possibility of response.

the slot system should have make this disapear, no more uber hybrid, but in fact xbow hybrid is easy to achieve.

May be a new system with a marker, "melee" or "ranged" and with some cap or limited possibility (as a melee you can't use ranged wp, and as ranged you're limited on melee wp) a third class hybrid is needed with caps on both style.
Dunno if it's possible and if it will work but this can limit the number of ranged on server.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2011, 10:26:01 am »
"Crossbow" Should be 2 slots, it would solve the Sidearm problem.

(Well, at least they wouldn't deal much damage.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2011, 10:35:14 am »

Show me one ranged player on this list.  You fucking whiny bundle of stickss.

2h?
Polearm
Maybe 1h judging only by name?
2h
?
Polearm
2h
2h
2h
2h
polearm
2h
2h
2h
2h
1h?
?
?
2h
2h
2h
?
?
polearm?
polearm?

Not a single ranged as far as I know. 

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2011, 10:45:30 am »
just fyi there are melee-only servers so if you're slap-jawed enough not to take on the heat of full blown battle server, you can go there and fart around.

e: 2nding the removal of ladders, siege shields should be only deployable construction in battle servers
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:48:39 am by LLJK_Korea1 »
PROUD CITIZEN OF PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF LLJK

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:07 am »
I did just notice something on that list.  Almost every player there has triple heirloomed armor (some with triple loomed gauntlets as well) and its at least twice as good armor as archers because archers get a much bigger nerf for wearing heavy armor and almost every single person on the list can take at least 6 arrows from my MW strongbow, MW arrows with 6 powerdraw before dying, often as many as 8 (excluding headshots)
(i actually was looking for Tydeus on that list, he must play on another server, i remember shooting him 8 times at close range yesterday and it didn't kill him, both goretooth and allers were on at same time with similar results when facing other archers). 

Maybe we should do a nerf armor thread/strength builds thread for people that can't be killed and just shrug off blows and 1 hit kill almost everyone else including lightly armored archers.  Main reason archers can't get on that list - very very difficult to keep your deaths that low (counts more toward a high multiplier) unless you can take 6-8 hits without dying.   I would love to see how few of their deaths are from ranged.  Main purpose of archers - stun them in the middle of their 1-hit kills rampage so melee teammates get free shot (though will likely glance on their armor).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:53:07 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2011, 10:54:02 am »
I did just notice something on that list.  Almost every player there has triple heirloomed armor (some with triple loomed gauntlets as well) and its at least twice as good armor as archers because archers get a much bigger nerf for wearing heavy armor and almost every single person on the list can take at least 6 arrows from my MW strongbow, MW arrows with 6 powerdraw before dying, often as many as 8 (excluding headshots)
(i actually was looking for Tydeus on that list, he must play on another server, i remember shooting him 8 times at close range yesterday and it didn't kill him, both goretooth and allers were on at same time with similar results when facing other archers). 

Maybe we should do a nerf armor thread/strength builds thread for people that can't be killed and just shrug off blows and 1 hit kill almost everyone else including lightly armored archers.  Main reason archers can't get on that list - very very difficult to keep your deaths that low (counts more toward a high multiplier) unless you can take 6-8 hits without dying.   I would love to see how few of their deaths are from ranged.  Main purpose of archers - stun them in the middle of their 1-hit kills rampage so melee teammates get free shot (though will likely glance on their armor).

I'm not 100% sure because i'm lazy to go all that wall of text but aren't they changing the way armor handles damage?

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2011, 10:55:54 am »
Archers, shielders and cavalry rule any kind of organized fight. Yes if you use as example single archers in public server with more than 80 people on average, cavalry and 2handers will have a better K/D, but give me a bunch of good archers with some athletics coupled with some cavalry and everyone could easely beat any other setup. Took native as example, where the lack of class limits has made every clan match turning into a "massive counter-strike wait for the flag with cav" crap.

I don't fear much archers in public crpg, but I say that strategus will still see the old archerspamfest

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2011, 10:59:12 am »
Well that's just what happens when your local pub is suddenly invaded by the gay pride parade after party.
You would get a lot of free drinks, but just make sure to get out of there before your own backentrance gets jammed.
määääääääääh!

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2011, 10:59:51 am »
just fyi there are melee-only servers so if you're slap-jawed enough not to take on the heat of full blown battle server, you can go there and fart around.

All your stupidity is already shown on your piglet face, no need to throw it around some more.

Guess what: we know about the melee-only servers and guess even more what: we don't want to play there. We don't want to play without ranged units. We don't want ranged units getting more nerfed. We do, however, want battles without 100 out of 120 people shooting. If you think that's how these battles should look like then you're even more stupid then your pigface can reveal. What we want is balance. Some of us have ideas, some are good and some are bad but we don't want ranged gone from this game for good.
Now try reading the topic again, smartass.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2011, 11:00:19 am »
Archers, shielders and cavalry rule any kind of organized fight. Yes if you use as example single archers in public server with more than 80 people on average, cavalry and 2handers will have a better K/D, but give me a bunch of good archers with some athletics coupled with some cavalry and everyone could easely beat any other setup. Took native as example, where the lack of class limits has made every clan match turning into a "massive counter-strike wait for the flag with cav" crap.

I don't fear much archers in public crpg, but I say that strategus will still see the old archerspamfest

You should check out Ripper's video (2nd one) with the 50 v 50 fight.  The fallen archers used good team tactics, but what really won the fight was cavalry and then 1handed shielders.  Thats probably how it will play out in Strategus as you might not realize it, but archery has been nerfed to less than half of what it was (like 5-6 patch nerfs at this point).

Oh and the armor change thing will make glancing less common, but they will be able to take 1-3 more hits as the armor absorbs more damage, not sure if that is going to be better or not.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2011, 11:00:50 am »
the amount of retarded posts in this thread just hit an alarming level.

guess thats what you get when archers gather to defend their precious.

just one question. many of you archers said "try playing an archer than judge".

i bet most of 2h/pole basically melee ppl grabbed a bow atleast once to see whats it all about, the annoying bundle of stickss keep pew pewing me lets see whats up with that.

and most of the ppl will tell you its easy. much easier than playing any melee class. im just wandering how much of you archers played a melee class, sucked bad and just grabbed a bow and decide not to manual block ever...

and this is my answer to Goraths first post. This is the reason there is so much ranged (not only archers) because its easier. because they can spam a tincan with 5 arrows with alarming precisin and kill him. 9 out of 10 archers will not be able to preform one block once they draw out their melee weapon if the even carry one.

a real good archer that is an asset to the team and a great player is hard to find and as i stated before they are the most dangerous men on the field. they are not the problem the problem are the group mentioned above.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2011, 11:08:10 am »
Yes, archery is easy to pick up but being good at it is completely different stuff. I can dodge any regular archer without problems and a good one will still have to hit me 2-3 times to get me down in medium armor.

So what the hell are you guys complaining about?

Offline LLJK_Korea1

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • What of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2011, 11:12:48 am »
All your stupidity is already shown on your piglet face, no need to throw it around some more.

Guess what: we know about the melee-only servers and guess even more what: we don't want to play there. We don't want to play without ranged units. We don't want ranged units getting more nerfed. We do, however, want battles without 100 out of 120 people shooting. If you think that's how these battles should look like then you're even more stupid then your pigface can reveal. What we want is balance. Some of us have ideas, some are good and some are bad but we don't want ranged gone from this game for good.
Now try reading the topic again, smartass.

I can just imagine color on your red, pudgy face as you typed that sass out with your trembling fingers, biting your lower lip. For all my time on these forums, I haven't seen more retarded reply than this, seriously? Show me fucking recap of a fight where 100 out of 120 were ranged troops.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2011, 11:14:20 am »
GODDAMN TEAMWORK! WAAAAH! I'M TOPPING THE SCOREBOARD, I CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE CAN KILL ME! WAAAAAAAAH!

Hahahahahahaha, anyways, this thread made my day. I feed off of tears, not because I'm an asshole, but because I'm indignant enough to enjoy fools stroking their own egos and trying to create a cohesive argument out of it. Come back when you have logical points and verifiable facts. Better yet, see you in Strategus. Or contact Fallen for a scrimmage, I'd love to watch your "mad skillz" mean fuck all when it comes to using your brain. I'll take 20 decent fighters under Ramses against 20 scoreboard topping epeen-strokers from the NA servers any day.

But you won't do that because you don't want a game that requires thinking or tactics. You want a mad charge towards each other where you can swing your 2H'er or polearm. If that's what you want, make a new mod yourself and stop wasting our time (read: entertaining me greatly).

"Oh, but we're not bitching about archers, we're bitching about HOW MANY there are!"

No, that's exactly what I'm addressing. More archers should mean* more squishy targets for people who work together. Stop pretending this isn't a "nerf archery" thread.

*typo corrected
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:09:03 pm by Garem »
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe