Author Topic: How to fix throwing  (Read 8844 times)

Offline audax

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: How to fix throwing
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 03:53:50 am »
only reason people posting "throwing is fine" here is because 90% of the people attracted to read this thread are throwers.
How could you...!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I really don't think they are OP, but the shotgun-like usage of them may frustrate other melee players.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 04:08:42 am »
Doesn't change the fact that people ALWAYS complain about things that kill them. Things are NOT OP just because Tom, Dick, and Harry say they are.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 04:10:00 am »
I hate you herion and your throwing thingys that hurt me!
Just a soldier

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 04:20:15 am »
I hate you herion and your throwing thingys that hurt me!

They don't hurt you these days, because I rarely play my thrower any more. It's far too frustrating having been nerfed that hard.

I've decided that the most effective way to get the classes I want nerfed in this game to be nerfed, is to play them. So I will likely be playing a polearm character next, so I can make people cry, and they will get nerfed too. Then EVERYONE can be nerfed into the ground. Yay for a game where no one gets hurt, EVARRRR!!!!
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Beleidiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 04:25:13 am »
<----- Not a Thrower but i use 2h atm i think throwing is fine like it is and i speak as an Prey of throwing!

The Point is it deals a lot of damage but the Chance is like 50/50 to survive because the throwing is not that fast!

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 05:58:19 am »
I'm 2h too, they are really annoying, but since there is no problem getting kills with 2h - eh, I may not have asked for the axe in my face while I was rushing someone else, but I'm sure noone asks for my lolstab in his back either. As long as it doesn't happen to often I don't see a reason to call it op.
Well, I don't like it as it is too much for personal preference, but be aware that rewarding throwers for agi also makes them more happy to invest in evil agi defense skills like kiting and shielding, like archers before the patch.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 06:17:52 am »
They don't hurt you these days, because I rarely play my thrower any more. It's far too frustrating having been nerfed that hard.

I've decided that the most effective way to get the classes I want nerfed in this game to be nerfed, is to play them. So I will likely be playing a polearm character next, so I can make people cry, and they will get nerfed too. Then EVERYONE can be nerfed into the ground. Yay for a game where no one gets hurt, EVARRRR!!!!
lol i dont like playing on native_ats as much i use too... i like playing on papapedo due to the fact throwing was nerfed pretty hard... i think once i hit lvl 31 i will retire and do the same thing you are gonna do lol but i will be the OP 2hander till that gets nerfed lol

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 06:29:33 am »
I always wanted to try polearms
Just a soldier

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 06:41:51 am »
I have a throwing alt, and I have to say that this suggestion would completely kill throwers.

Right now, thrown weapons just saunter through the air. I feel that this is bad for the game for a number of reasons.

First off, thrown weapons feel like they are thrown at a speed slower than I can throw in real life. Considering how many times I've injured my arm, coupled with the fact that I am by no means an Olympic javelin thrower, this needs to be changed.

Secondly, this is a severe nerf for throwers. While a damage nerf or any other stat change might reduce the killing-power of throwing weapons, reducing the throwing speed makes it more likely an ally will walk into a thrown weapon and make throwers completely unusable in a wide variety of situations. The other effect of this, is that much more of thrown weapons is given to chance over skill.

I suggest a complete change to how throwing is examined in the current patch.
  • Increase projectile speed to 26-28. Currently most thrown weapons fall between 22-20 speed. Most bows have a projectile speed of 60, so thrown weapons will still be significantly slower than an arrow, and therefore a less than ideal choice for far-off targets.
  • Decrease the overall accuracy of throwing weapons.
  • Reduce the penalty given for throwing while moving. This means you will be more accurate while chasing down a target like a fleeing archer. This will give thrown weapons a different role than crossbows and bows
  • Decrease high end thrown weapon's damage by 10%. Overall armor has decreased, damage should decrease with it to compensate. Low level weapons like shuryukens and throwing daggers should not be affected.

The overall change would encourage throwing to be a viable option for not only throwers, but also for people who use a thrown weapon as a side arm instead of the tradtional crossbow. This will add more variety to the battlefield and present players with the potential to have a more customizable character.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Deathwind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anarcho-syndicalism
  • Game nicks: Deathwind, Morsventus, Zelos
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 06:50:20 am »
Full plate can survive a throwing lance blow as I've seen.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 06:13:43 pm »
I got a fix, very balanced too I think

1. Lower the PT bonus for throwing. Because high level throwers one shotting people in the leg is just plain silly, especially with an axe
2. Increase stack size by two. To make up for the lessend effective damage, you get another two projectiles!

If one isn't possible, just lower the base damage stats

As a thrower I prefer the darts simply becuase I get more of them

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 06:20:07 pm »
one shotting people in the leg is just plain silly, especially with an axe
Have you been hit in the leg with a throwing axe? I don't know, that shit tends to stop a man from running around and fighting. OK, maybe not balanced, but not really silly - twohanders do the same all the time.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 06:41:11 pm »
Have you been hit in the leg with a throwing axe? I don't know, that shit tends to stop a man from running around and fighting. OK, maybe not balanced, but not really silly - twohanders do the same all the time.
A 2h could theoretically chop your leg OFF
A throwing axe would damage you, not kill you...
THIS IS WHY WE NEED BODY PART DAMAGE!
So if you get hit in the leg, you move slow. Hit in the body, you don't deal as much damage. Hit in the head attack speed be lowered

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 06:50:27 pm »
This is action movie logic. If you get hit in the leg, you FUCKING COLLAPSE IN PAIN.

Oh and probably pass out from blood loss in a minute.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 08:53:20 pm »
A throwing axe hitting your leg would most definatly break it. If it manages to miss the bone somehow, it will tear through your muscles, arteries and nerves.

Try standing on that.

Back on topic:
Banok, ever played a thrower? If you haven't, I suggest to try it. There's nothing wrong with throwing atm. The only reason a lot of people get killed because of throwing weapons is because of the increasing number of throwers. Those numbers will now dwindle again, as the archers got buffed a bit.

Look at the scores of an individual thrower, even the skilled ones only get 2:1 or maybe 3:1 kd ratio's. That's nothing different from any other class around.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)