Author Topic: Yeah.. I dont care..  (Read 23858 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: Yeah.. I dont care..
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2011, 01:03:49 pm »
You've apparently never seen the DotA/HoN community. It's pretty much one of the worst things in the gaming industry. Also, this community really isn't that bad, dumb, but not nearly as lacking in respect as you seem to think. Now the CS 1.6 community, that was a community of obnoxious and disrespectful 14 year olds, it was ridden with e-thugs.
I'm just going to add basically all of xbox also, but especially the new call of duty each year and halo reach.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2011, 01:09:14 pm »
And I know how to handle those things in real life.. but this isnt ;)
I told Vargas all about it, but here.. here is no way to get justice in any case.. if You make a mistake, You're fucked..
Hope You all learned Your lesson from my mistake or the next rage post will be Yours ;)

Well... things like that happen everywhere. You were just unlucky. I don't think I would demand my item back if that happened to me. Furthermore, that's not really a reason to quit.

This I just cannot really understand. No community I've encountered online (and I've been online since 1996) has been so full of contempt and vitriol and obnoxious lack of respect as this one. But the gameplay makes it worth it.

You sir, didn't played before the January patches, when people played for fun, not to win. When mature people didn't complained about some others that played more having it easier, because people knew the game was for fun. Those that knew what a game is for weren't raging when they were killed by others 10 levels over them, yet they had a great time when they killed those elites. Now it's just about e-peen since every char is equal and everybody has to be a pro. The only way to enjoy the game is winning  :rolleyes:

Just my nostalgia two cents btw.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2011, 01:14:51 pm »
I'm just going to add basically all of xbox also, but especially the new call of duty each year and halo reach.
Oh god... The mainstream fps genre has such a terrible community. I couldn't stand playing the games simply because of how atrocious the community is, even if the games weren't trash.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Toffi

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Honoured Guard)
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2011, 01:21:21 pm »
Lol, must be a trial lawyer to rage like that, they have the highest rates of alcoholism and rage.  If you deal with criminal you should realize guilty people always try to blame someone else for their own mistakes.  You should go nonprofit or government, only 40 hours a week in most cases, less rage.  or consider another career change, I know I would reconsider being a lawyer, so easy to lose your soul for the big paycheck.

P.S. all you are really doing is making me laugh more how seriously you are taking all this.  Its just a game no need to raise your blood pressure.

you got a -1 by me. His work has got nothing to do with his free time, and I think he is right. He wants to chill/relax whatever from work, wants to play to have fun and doesn't want some people to abuse bugs and stuff. He is one of the nicest players in this community.

Edit: Bulldog and Uthred got a +1.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:22:39 pm by Toffi »

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »
He wants to chill/relax whatever from work, wants to play to have fun and doesn't want some people to abuse bugs and stuff.
Erm..where was the bug, and how was it abused?

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2011, 01:33:47 pm »
http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20110520

Dota/HoN/LoL the single most aggressive coms. I've been in.

Unfortunately it contaminates you. Even players I now are harsh to each other now, when we play competitive. (In LoL that is, not cRPG)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:42:33 pm by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2011, 01:36:13 pm »
dude i am a fucking admin lol sure u wanna do that?

If this is true... and you did actually say that. I take back everything i said earlier.

I guess i was wrong about you. Your another pixel power mongor, with nerd rage.

CRPG has already too many of your kind. Just... go away.

dude i have a fucking life lol sure u wanna do that?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:38:03 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2011, 01:48:15 pm »
After all thoses messages, i can only see that the two parties are at fault there.
The two worst things for each side are definitely the "why ?" from Xol and the "i'm an admin" from Uthred.

To think this could have easily been resolved peacefully, but we got the two protagonists who just have a bit too much ego.
First : Xol, why the hell do you want Uthred to apologize ? Did he do something to you ? I'm quite ashamed that after his two posts you just didn't do a "Just relax man, i 'bought' it so that no people would abuse and get it. Tell me when you're online, and i'll trade it back. ;)", but instead a "why" that was just the best way to infuriate someone who had already lost his nerves.

Second : Uthred, in the beginning, it was your fault for messing up in the market. Just accept it, and with all your experience, of course you know you get things more easily when you're polite and understanding, than when you're raging. The way i see it, you're just using all this as an excuse to leave the game in a way everyone reminds you (most people already know you from crushing their skulls with a morningstart anyway, you didn't need this kind of publicity).

It's really a shame that all this happened. People are definitely not being honest this day.
A fair way to end this, Uthred should just put a proposition in the market, offering a longbow and 5k gold, for a MW langes messer. If we still see that offer after a week, it means Mr Xol definitely just wanted the item/ just wanted to make Uthred rage (offering a mw to a noob instead of giving it back...)/etc... If we don't, it means he's a comprehensive person, and still get a 5k benefit from it, for honesty.

One way or another, there's just one word who comes up for all this drama.... childish attitude never ftw.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 01:55:27 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2011, 01:53:25 pm »
"Diplomacy failed us this day.."

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanburg

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bebbanburg
  • Game nicks: Uhtred_III_of_Bebbanburg / _III_Archerson
  • IRC nick: Uhtred
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2011, 02:24:03 pm »
If this is true... and you did actually say that. I take back everything i said earlier.

I guess i was wrong about you. Your another pixel power mongor, with nerd rage.

CRPG has already too many of your kind. Just... go away.

That really hurt.. It is true, I threatened him, Jambi. Never denied that. It is true, I sure would have let anyones head roll for a similar thing happening in real life.. I sure would do that.  Getting that item, was kind of work to me and noone in this world has any right to gain the fruits for my "work"... not in a game. not anywhere else.

And usually I am a nice person. I helped, whenever I could. Giving tipps, answering questions.. even spend a lot of hours training with guys I didn't know, to help them learn to block or play or whatever... Ya, I did and I always did. I never says "no" to anyone, needing help.
But that's, what You get, when You are nice to people.. You gotta bend over and kiss someones ass to get something, what belongs to You..
If someone has a clue about the real life laws, he'd know, that this kind of contract becomes invalid.. I also know, it doesn't count here.. but there still could be a sense of justice.. at least a little hint of it?     "why" -.-

I am sorry, if I disappointed anyone, that I like, there..
But I would never apologize to someone like that guy..  I am way to proud for that.
I am Uhtred of Bebbanburg and I'm a Tin Can.
What's Your Game?

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2011, 02:33:55 pm »
And usually I am a nice person. I helped, whenever I could. Giving tipps, answering questions.. even spend a lot of hours training with guys I didn't know, to help them learn to block or play or whatever... Ya, I did and I always did. I never says "no" to anyone, needing help.
Just to comment on this. We Fallens have adopted a proverb from Clare Boothe Luce which suits us and many situations that happen in this game and real life.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2011, 02:36:06 pm »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2011, 03:09:08 pm »
You made several mistakes and this has nothing to do with the community.

1: You put the item on the market and didn't check your posting.
2: You threatened revenge through abuse of your admin rights.
3: You made a rage post blaming everyone but yourself.
4: You refuse to own up to making any mistake at all.
5: You are allowing the sycophants to cloud your assessment of the situation and your reaction and believing that you were right in doing all the above.
6: You claim to not care, but clearly you do.
7: You could have had your item back long ago without all the drama and done it in private without the public temper tantrum
8: You refuse to apologize for threatening another player.

Since you brought up the "in the public arena you wouldn't get away with this", let me also point out that as a police officer, you would lose your job and very possibly go to jail for misconduct in a public office had you actually carried out your threat. As it is, you would receive a reprimand for the conduct you already displayed.

The ability to rectify this situation is in your hands. Xol is entirely within his rights to request an apology for your threat. If you want it back, issue a private apology. If you are just attention whoring, then by all means, continue blaming the world at large and enjoy not playing the game.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2011, 03:27:18 pm »
We should promote a kindergarden officer...

Uhtred, Xol, come here.
Now Xol, please apologize for being mean to Uhtred and provoking him. Also give him back his toys. Look how sad he is because of you, do you really want him to be sad?
And Uhtred, what did you think to accomplish by threatening Xol? Now he can't sleep well at night because he's scared, apologize to him and tell him that he has nothing to fear, will you? His parents will be very grateful if they don't have to calm him down every night.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:33:30 pm by Ginosaji »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2011, 04:00:57 pm »
We should promote a kindergarten officer...

Uhtred, Xol, come here.
Now Xol, please apologize for being mean to Uhtred and provoking him. Also give him back his toys. Look how sad he is because of you, do you really want him to be sad?
And Uhtred, what did you think to accomplish by threatening Xol? Now he can't sleep well at night because he's scared, apologize to him and tell him that he has nothing to fear, will you? His parents will be very grateful if they don't have to calm him down every night.

Looks like we found a talented candidate for this post.
 :wink:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!