Poll

Read the post first. Should armor soak been nerfed and reduce buffed?

No, it's fine as it is.
44 (25.7%)
Yes, slightly reduce the armor soak for less glances and buff reduce in return. Less glances and 1hit deaths.
53 (31%)
Yes, greatly nerf soak and buff reduce decently. No more glances and 1hits please.
28 (16.4%)
Buff soak and reduce. Armor should be worth it and glances are fine.
29 (17%)
Nerf soak and reduce. Armor is too strong currently.
3 (1.8%)
Leave the values alone but lower the interruption threshold(to 0) to make glancing blows always interrupt.
7 (4.1%)
I don't care.
7 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Author Topic: Possible change to armor handling: increase damage reduce, decrease soak effect.  (Read 12416 times)

Offline LordSnow

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Snow
Plz dont change anything, plate got many malus right now, their price first. Dont add more.
Damn. It's snowing again.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Plz dont change anything, plate got many malus right now, their price first. Dont add more.
I don't think people are understanding what is being suggested.  This isn't going to be a 'malus' at all.  More attacks might hurt you, but they'd be doing less damage, so while you might not be able to stand and let 10 people with scimitars wail on you anymore, you might not get instagibbed by someone wielding a bec.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
A peasant with a stick will most likely still bounce while a level 20 player will bounce less on a perfect attack. Attacks with bad sweetspot position will still bounce becasue of the hefty penalty they receive.

Not really sweet spot actually the oft misunderstood "speed bonus"  which can be a minus if opponents+your movement take away from the damage
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
I don't think people are understanding what is being suggested.  This isn't going to be a 'malus' at all.  More attacks might hurt you, but they'd be doing less damage, so while you might not be able to stand and let 10 people with scimitars wail on you anymore, you might not get instagibbed by someone wielding a bec.

And this would be an improvement how?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Paul i just dont understand you it really makes no sense for this change besides if your a AGI stacker and dont wanna invest points in PS.. or carry an anti armor weapon..  :?

Um, Tzar aren't you using plate armor and weapon with insane damage, and now you just defend your precious toys. There is no person less biased than you.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
And this would be an improvement how?
you might not get instagibbed by someone wielding a bec.
When I'm wearing my platemail, if anyone with a blunt or piercing weapon so much as looks at me I go down so fast I might as well have been naked.  I would gladly take some damage from cutting weapons in order to mitigate 1 and 2 hit deaths from becs and mauls.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:28:58 pm by Damug »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Your resistance is futile, on next patch we're all getting Kinngrimmed.  :wink:

Prophet of Vulture face has spoken!
Turtles

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Um, Tzar aren't you using plate armor and weapon with insane damage, and now you just defend your precious toys. There is no person less biased than you.

My troll bar is almost to -200 from trying to get the easy mode kdr booster xbow removed

If i wanted i could do as every1 else including my clan mates and former clan mates and carry one myself but im so sick of ranged spam that i wont even do it...

Im the least biased person in here like it or not your really just blind and don't see that Paul´s suggestion is an unneeded buff for AGI spammers / archers

All they have to do is carry a anti armor weapon......

My thoughts in this thread has nothing to do with my build in fact Paul´s suggestion would actually buff my armor meaning that i would be able to take more dmg....

All i see in hes suggestion and the reason for my complaint is that he wants low ps users / agi stackers to be able to use cut weapons as and jack of all trades weapon...

Plus hes suggestion would screw up basic game mechanics that involves if your have shit PS then your shouldn't be able to get 100% Guaranteed hits on high tier armor users with cut weapons

Get your head out of your ass plz
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:06:34 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
lol

people are going so overboard and not even listening to rational discussion now.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:22:07 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
My troll bar is almost to -200 from trying to get the easy mode kdr booster xbow removed

If i wanted i could do as every1 else including my clan mates and former clan mates and carry one myself but im so sick of ranged spam that i wont even do it...

Im the least biased person in here like it or not your really just blind and don't see that Paul´s suggestion is an unneeded buff for AGI spammers / archers

All they have to do is carry a anti armor weapon......

My thoughts in this thread has nothing to do with my build in fact Paul´s suggestion would actually buff my armor meaning that i would be able to take more dmg....

All i see in hes suggestion and the reason for my complaint is that he wants low ps users / agi stackers to be able to use cut weapons as and jack of all trades weapon...

Plus hes suggestion would screw up basic game mechanics that involves if your have shit PS then your shouldn't be able to get 100% Guaranteed hits on high tier armor users with cut weapons

Get your head out of your ass plz

It's nerf for archers as they will need more hits to take you people down. Furthermore, if you haven't noticed yet, 90% of them already use three top tier bows that don't glance at all against my 48 body armor.

AGI spammers would need more hits to take down people, and i'm cool with it.

No, forcing people to take pick or hammer is not solution. I almost always outskill plate players, yet thanks to glancing i die against them. I already have to hit them up to 10 times to take them down with my 33c weapon.

There will be no 100% success ratio for cut weapons. 1h weapons will still glance often, just less often. There are jack of all trades weapons, those are called glavie, long hafted blade and anything with word greatsword. I feel that reducing their damage a bit would be warranted.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
lol

people are going so overboard and not even listening to rational discussion now.

you know what's funny now after thinking about it I'd like to try this, didn't he say guy with high IF and high armor takes even more hits, and if you block em, they don't stagger ya
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Tzar, your trolling sig gives u -points. -1 for everyone that you make touch their screen.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
No, forcing people to take pick or hammer is not solution. I almost always outskill plate players, yet thanks to glancing i die against them. I already have to hit them up to 10 times to take them down with my 33c weapon.

How are you so confident to say you outskill plate players ? Have you tried it yourself ? Have you felt the sluggishness ? Plate players that aren't agistackers are barely able to fight or move... It's extremely easy to fight those guys, skilled or not. Being slow like that requires good nerves, much more situational awareness, odds judging, and decent blocking since people with light armors will simply move in and out and get a massive bonus on their real reach because of this.

However, I think you are right on that part :

There will be no 100% success ratio for cut weapons. 1h weapons will still glance often, just less often. There are jack of all trades weapons, those are called glavie, long hafted blade and anything with word greatsword. I feel that reducing their damage a bit would be warranted.

I personaly think glances is why people buy heavy armors in the first place. They barely reduce damage compared to medium and low-medium armors. Glances are what makes people able to fight 1 vs 2,3,4,5 etc. and are responsible of those epic round ends when a single guy defeats 10 people (yet it didn't happen much since the january patches, most people learned to play and power differences are tiny). Anyway, it really depends on how the tweaks are done in numbers. I think heavy armors should be more affordable, not especially buffed in any other way.

Offline Astinus

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Armata Brancaleone
  • Game nicks: AB_Astinus
After the first read I was strongly against it, but now I think it could be a nice change. Right now hanging around with a good armor is a dice roll, you can bounce 5 strikes and then got oneshotted without apparent reasons. One of the worst aspect of warband has always been the randomness in armor calculation, so go for it and let's see what happens

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
It's nerf for archers as they will need more hits to take you people down. Furthermore, if you haven't noticed yet, 90% of them already use three top tier bows that don't glance at all against my 48 body armor.

AGI spammers would need more hits to take down people, and i'm cool with it.

48 body armor is not top tier armor. Also, this is cRPG, where character skill and equipment obviously have a huge influence on the battlefield, not only player skill. So you losing against plate players is actually intended. And having to hit them 10 times with a 33c weapon is a ridiculous exaggeration. I have lordly milanese and die in max 5 scimitar hits. Sometimes 4. It's still better than 2 or 3, but then again I pay a hefty price for this protection (gold + wpf decrease). And I actually do better on average in my heraldic mail, which I mostly use.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?