Author Topic: Mini announcement - retirement info, more grind for people who like grind  (Read 8985 times)

Offline BD_Guard_Bane

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guards
  • Game nicks: BD_Guard_Bane
  • IRC nick: cmpxchg8b
Re: Mini announcement - retirement info, more grind for people who like grind
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 12:34:32 am »
For those wondering what the mystery skills are, here's a sneak preview of a couple:

1) Persuasion (charisma based): On the battlefield, you may approach a player on your team and press 'q'. If they are close enough, you may then use a voice command (a new one, to be implemented soon, recorded by chadz herself) which will play a chat up line (from a random selection of 10). Depending on your persuasion skill, you will gain or lose relationship points with that player. When your points are +50 or higher, you can marry and have physical relations (not necessarily in that order, a cut-scene will play which may distract you from the battle) with the character. The other player can refuse by running away. This makes the athletics skill even more crucial for those who want to remain chaste.

You can also use the persuasion skill in a similar way against enemy players, whereupon an all-new animation will play (your character will do a strip tease, to be implemented soon). If your persuasion skill is high, the enemy will become distracted and be paralysed for 5 seconds. If you have a low persuasion skill, your character will become embarrassed and be too nervous to perform, and the attempt will fail.

2) Prisoner Management: This will function in-game in the following way; If you deliver a killing blow to an enemy with a blunt weapon, it will count as a knock-out. Their character will rise from the ground and follow you around for the rest of the battle. The higher your skill, the more people you can have following you. They won't fight for you; however, with higher prisoner management skills combined with persuasion, you can force them to dance for you as they follow your character (new animations coming soon). With maxed out prisoner management and persuasion, expect to be able to command up to 10 enemies, all dancing along behind you.

(click to show/hide)

I defended the village and all I got was this stupid title.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 01:02:44 am »
I suggest that retirement gives +1 skill point for an even and +10 wpf points for an odd generation number, so hopeless grinders have something to grind for. Maybe limit this bonus to 10-30 generations then.

Offline Babelfish

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 01:03:23 am »
Seeing as how most of what paul suggested are already implanted, i would assume his idea about the new skills-set are the 'mysterious new skills' :)

For more information read;
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,141903.msg3407327.html#msg3407327

Offline Murrogh

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 01:05:57 am »
I think that the amount of time required for a 31 retirement is too high. To go from 30-31 is almost the same as the amount of experience to go from 1-30.

It seems like 30 is a cutoff level. I would suggest this as the retirement age or make the retirement xp requirement a little less abrupt.

For me at least, this will take 7-8 weeks to be able to retire a character if I play my normal amount.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 01:10:32 am »
It takes as much XP to get from 30 to 31 as it does to get from 1 to 30.

Holy CRAP.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 01:15:50 am »
Looking forward to the return of retirement. I have one question regarding heirlooms however, will be able to have our current heirlooms refunded? I've made a topic suggesting this (here) and another one was created today (here) and it seems a lot of people support the option to "refund" heirlooms. Thanks for the great work.
bumpity

Offline Beans

• Knight
  • Renown: 49
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: USA
  • Game nicks: USA_MEATMERCHANT_AMERICA
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 01:18:43 am »
Can we do:

level 30 gives you the ability to retire - keep your gear, reset of stats

level 31 gives you a better retire- same thing but you also get an heirloom

This way players that just want to try out new builds/stats can do that without too much pain.  And players who want to grind hardcore can do so and get a small reward for it.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 01:21:55 am »
I suggest that retirement gives +1 skill point for an even and +10 wpf points for an odd generation number, so hopeless grinders have something to grind for. Maybe limit this bonus to 10-30 generations then.

i wouldn't mind that but casuals are so afraid of grinders :\   people will whine about the little advantage the grinders get  ( grinders were destroyed at patch 200 ) , anything would be good at this point

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 01:23:01 am »
Can we do:

level 30 gives you the ability to retire - keep your gear, reset of stats

level 31 gives you a better retire- same thing but you also get an heirloom

This way players that just want to try out new builds/stats can do that without too much pain.  And players who want to grind hardcore can do so and get a small reward for it.
Would be nice imo, some people want to change their builds cause the mechanics have changed drastically (archers+ha for example), why force them into grinding ?

Other than that, great news, can't wait.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 01:26:57 am »
Ive never been more excited than some girl waiting for Beatles show to start in the 1960's  :mrgreen:
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 01:48:10 am »
Some leader skill would be sweet, to lead bots into battle. You have a leadership skill, and you have several standarts to buy, e.g. "Peasant archer squad banner" for 2 leadership skill (6 peasant archers) "Veteran Spearman Platoon standart" for 6 leadership skill (12 veteran spearmen) "Knight Lance banner" for 10 leadership skill (4 heavy knights). Just place it in your inventory, they will spawn with you an you can control them like in SP. They won't be much effective, but definitely a help  :mrgreen:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 01:55:46 am »
In your dreams maybe, something like that would be a HUGE change. I think NPCs would get even more testing and hype than the upkeep system. Unless of course, chadz is trolling us. Now that I think about it...
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 01:55:59 am »
I too have a sugestion if retirement requirement is lvl 31 and lvl 31 takes say 8.3 mill exp. instead of retiring always putting you to level 1 can it instead take away 8.3 mil exp. this way if you level to 32 and retire you waste exp.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 01:56:04 am »
Sweet. wonder what mystery skills are!

I think 31 is personally is way too high but I guess it will keep grinders happy

its pretty unfair since us guys got hierlooms pre patch fairly easy, but guess that cant be helped.

Yeh, it was a LOT easier to retire pre-patch for a lot more benefits.  Now its really difficult for very little benefit.  Level 30 is tough enough to do in 1 week, let alone 31, whereas even making 25K-30K pre-patch took less effort.

Level 30 was originally proposed adn made sense, because you make xp slower, but gold quicker then pre-patch.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 01:58:50 am »
Yeh, it was a LOT easier to retire pre-patch for a lot more benefits.  Now its really difficult for very little benefit.  Level 30 is tough enough to do in 1 week, let alone 31, whereas even making 25K-30K pre-patch took less effort.

Level 30 was originally proposed adn made sense, because you make xp slower, but gold quicker then pre-patch.

I'd like to see it at 30 as well.

Grinding so long for one item, yeesh.