Author Topic: Refunding heirlooms (possible gold sink)  (Read 5688 times)

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Refunding heirlooms (possible gold sink)
« on: January 05, 2011, 09:12:57 pm »
It might still be too early to make this post but if the current upkeep formula stays intact I think it's appropriate to post this already. As it stands, many players have heirloomed items they can no longer afford most of the time, limiting their favorite equipment to a pure dice roll, creating a lot of frustration for these players as they're unable to use what they worked for. Several items have also been heavily changed, maybe no longer fitting the original purpose the user wanted.

Refunding heirlooms is certainly not an easy task but I believe it is worth the effort as many players would heirloom items they like now, instead of just simply the best items (as they're very hard to maintain) creating slightly more build and equipment diversity.

Any suggestions and/or improvements are welcome.

EDIT:

Quote from: Belmont
As giving out new heirlooms is probably quite a lot of work how about it making it cost X amount of money? I think 100k or more would be a good price as many high generation players have stockpiled a LOT of money and it will take a long time with the upkeep system to drain their bank thus creating a big money sink which is what the upkeep system is intended for (more or less).

EDIT: Price is just a suggestion, a more appropriate value can be found.

EDIT2: Another heirloom reset topic
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:16:28 pm by Belmont »

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
Re: Refunding heirlooms
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »
I totally agree to this :O
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 10:34:57 pm »
We can't make fun of the guy who heirloomed his sumpter/practice sword/dagger/quaterstaff/etc... anymore. :(

Our heirloomed item is one of the only thing the costy retirements gave us, and now we can't even use it anymore.

(Also heard that heirlooming an item increases it's base value, thus increasing it's repair cost.  :shock: )
I thought it was following the 7 stats of an item :
Broken - Semi-broken - Used - NORMAL -1st heirloom -2nd heirloom -3rd heirloom

And that every time you get unlucky, it goes down by one category, and to get it back to the BEST state depends of the cost of the item. In this thought, why not indeed increase the base value, since it gives us 1/2/3 more broking chances, but as it is now, it's automatically pay/paymore/payevenmore.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 10:38:14 pm »
In this thought, why not indeed increase the base value
It IS increased with every heirloom level.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Maze

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Remnants of Stratia
  • Game nicks: Maze_RS
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 10:42:34 pm »
No need refunds. Let your  weapon break down to its base stats and then keep it there

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 10:45:10 pm »
It IS increased with every heirloom level.

Yep, and every time my weapon was broken (decreased to a lower tier, i had to repair the full cost !
But i now know why, stupid auto-repair is set on yes, and it costs as much to "repair" your item from 2nd heirloom to 3rd heirloom as from Broken to 3rd heirloom.

I thought at least, since we're using auto-repair, it should cost 1/3 of the "full" repair cost only.

To be really effective, you'll have to go back to the cRPG site before every new map to repair weapons, since (i think) you can't do it between rounds of the same map (not taken into accounts).
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 12:51:11 pm »
Bump before it's forgotten in page 2. I would like to have more opinions, suggestions and criticism.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:45:30 pm »
Would love too I got a tempered flamberge which I'm not going to use most probably.

Offline Cheesecake

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Slippery Cheesecake Toss Boy_ Slightly ambiguous Dingleberries etc etc
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 02:10:51 pm »
I would like my heirloom "points" back to switch heirlooms as the ones i have now are too costly and DEFINITELY do not serve the same purpose as they were originally intended
Enter the sundering.

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 02:14:30 pm »
Totally agree, people spent weeks to retire and heirloom their equip , now that it's nerfed/ changed/ too costly to upkeep they deserve to repick their heirloomed items instead of being forced to retire over and over again.

Offline Takoul

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Takoul_2 Swansong Lothbrok
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:26:10 pm »
Agreed. No need to fix. Just let it break.
Maybe make breakages to heirloomed equipment less severe. A broken heirloomed sword would still hit harder and faster than a broken non heirloomed sword.
Everything is supposed to be more costly to repair and upkeep now, so i think this will remain a feature. With heirloomed equipment you are supposed to be able to kill more people-win more often-get more cash. And you don't have to use it all the time. I think too many people are reliant on the fact that they have heirloomed equipment to win battles (ducks for cover from flame).

Offline Chapman

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 08:00:26 pm »
I agree so much on this

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 10:20:05 pm »
As giving out new heirlooms is probably quite a lot of work how about it making it cost X amount of money? I think 100k or more would be a good price as many high generation players have stockpiled a LOT of money and it will take a long time with the upkeep system to drain their bank thus creating a big money sink which is what the upkeep system is intended for (more or less).

Offline Mutant

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Refunding heirlooms (possible gold sink)
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 04:02:38 am »
I got screwed over on all 3 of my heirlooms, military pick because there is a new pick now :/, elite scimitar because well its just expensive and horrible, and my mail and plate, which costs a ridiculously impossible upkeep amount. So yeah i would like mine back :/

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
Re: Refunding heirlooms (possible gold sink)
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 04:21:38 am »
Yeah, repicking heirlooms would be nice. I went to full cav, and I have ridiculosly overpriced deadly German Poleaxe which costs 19k.