Author Topic: c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]  (Read 15843 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2017, 01:05:57 pm »
+1
But this is Native. Wearing less armour doesn't affect your speed in Native, that's something they brought in for cRPG if you recall. Now autoblocking isn't as useful in Native, where the majority have to use shields because archery is so easy, but FFS, the cheats are advertised on YouTube. Denying that it's happening (just as people did when I suggested, all those years ago, that there even was a autoblock cheat...) really is sticking your head in the sand - unless you're using the cheats yourself, of course.

Try using light armor, the movement speed is insane. Theres absolutely a massive difference at least on that server. Maybe its bound to NeoGK Trollpatch mod, if you dont have that? Constantly i see naked people move like athletics builds on crpg, and constantly i plate up only to be a sitting duck after poor decisions.

edit: Forgive me if the cheating isnt obvious to me or any of the 150 other players on at the same time. Maybe we are just blind, or in denial. I'll just keep on killing people just like ive done before without any issues, while you go on and blame deaths on the very apparent cheating.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:15:29 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2017, 01:12:20 pm »
+3
But this is Native. Wearing less armour doesn't affect your speed in Native, that's something they brought in for cRPG if you recall. Now autoblocking isn't as useful in Native, where the majority have to use shields because archery is so easy, but FFS, the cheats are advertised on YouTube. Denying that it's happening (just as people did when I suggested, all those years ago, that there even was a autoblock cheat...) really is sticking your head in the sand - unless you're using the cheats yourself, of course.

No one denies it exists, it’s just that most people understand why it is useless. It doesn’t suddenly make you have good timing, footwork, group fighting awareness, or understanding of animation abuse and sweet spots. It’s a gimmick and the players that use it are always garbage at everything else anyway. If you can’t block well in an 8 year old game where one of the first skills that players know they need to learn is manual blocking, then you’re doing something very wrong.

Stop making baseless accusations when you’re getting outplayed, we’ve heard it all too many times.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2017, 01:31:31 pm »
+3
It is always hilarious to be accused of cheating. Really the ultimate compliment.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2017, 02:12:50 pm »
+4
Anyone want to put in a good word for me with the admins of the native siege server? I got permabanned for telling them their shit server encouraged nabs to never learn how to play because of the friendly fire settings, and that their server was a haven for all the worst retards playing native. Banned for speaking truth to power, sad.

Imagine how terrible at Warband you must be to think there are cheaters on that server, just lol. Even the most average cRPG player could prob easily top, much less the actual good native players that largely play Battle (the only mode for proper tryharding).

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2017, 02:25:20 pm »
+4
Sure, I'll point them to your post here. That will help.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2017, 02:35:24 pm »
+2
I like the friendly fire thing being scrub friendly, at least they have players on constantly now. And I hate being punished for a mistake someone else did, even though i still stagger and get frustrated from teamhits, its not nearly as bad.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2017, 02:40:21 pm »
I don't play native but what are the friendly fire settings on that server? Reflective? I always thought that 50% reflective friendly fire damage was a nice compromise. Actually gives people incentive to not play too aggressively.

Would be bad for my playstyle though lol.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2017, 03:14:40 pm »
+1
I don't play native but what are the friendly fire settings on that server? Reflective? I always thought that 50% reflective friendly fire damage was a nice compromise. Actually gives people incentive to not play too aggressively.

Would be bad for my playstyle though lol.

Very low reflective, most of the time it doesnt do any damage at all to either part but both get stunned. Ive been teamkilled at some point tho so its like both parts take a tiny bit of damage if its high enough. It works pretty well, but native hitboxes are super lenient so polearm overheads just dont hit teammates (golden days of longspears are back huzzah).

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2017, 03:54:47 pm »
+3
Very low reflective, most of the time it doesnt do any damage at all to either part but both get stunned. Ive been teamkilled at some point tho so its like both parts take a tiny bit of damage if its high enough. It works pretty well, but native hitboxes are super lenient so polearm overheads just dont hit teammates (golden days of longspears are back huzzah).

sorry but it doesnt really work "pretty well". Overall it still works pretty ok indeed, but those gay ass stuns get you killed over and over just because theres a noob teammate behind you. Its even worse than a teamkill sometimes because you cannot do anything against it.

teammate getting hit should receive 0 damage, teamhitter should get a reflective damage of around 20% probably imo
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #129 on: November 02, 2017, 04:04:03 pm »
+3
Mount & Siege is a "Noob friendly" server and I don't think the friendly fire damage will change, even though some players want it. It's the veteran players who would like to see full team damage and the feeling is that it will put players off from wanting to play there.

Personally, I don't think it will affect the server as people love the massive sieges and will go where the population is.

When I was new, there was full team damage and it was fun to walk into 4-5 enemies and make them TK each other. There were only 20 a side back then though. The shenanigans that would ensue with 150 people who aren't used to full team damage would be epic!

I'm not a fan of reflective damage at all. It's good vs griefers but I prefer full team damage.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2017, 04:28:54 pm »
It is always hilarious to be accused of cheating. Really the ultimate compliment.

It entirely depends on the person/people cheating and the person/people being victimised by it, yet 'you are right' as they say.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 02, 2017, 05:03:59 pm »
It entirely depends on the person/people cheating and the person/people being victimised by it, yet 'you are right' as they say.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2017, 05:36:58 pm »
+1
No one denies it exists, it’s just that most people understand why it is useless. It doesn’t suddenly make you have good timing, footwork, group fighting awareness, or understanding of animation abuse and sweet spots. It’s a gimmick and the players that use it are always garbage at everything else anyway. If you can’t block well in an 8 year old game where one of the first skills that players know they need to learn is manual blocking, then you’re doing something very wrong.

Stop making baseless accusations when you’re getting outplayed, we’ve heard it all too many times.
Obviously when an opponent is running backwards faster than I run forwards while in heavier armour, when someone makes two blocks within a tenth of a second of each other, the second one against someone standing behind them, when someone walks through a fucking solid castle wall, that's just me getting outplayed. Fake news, eh?

Reflective damage, I hate that too: as well as encouraging bad play, it means trolls always get away with it when they block siege towers with horses or open the gates as a defender... at least on full damage you have to be able to fight to troll your teammates.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:40:53 pm by Elmetiacos »
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #133 on: November 02, 2017, 05:46:31 pm »
+2
People with motor-function difficulty. Impaired eyesight and whatever else could use an auto-blocker, at times. Maybe I just have a lot of sympathy for the disabled what can I say. :thinking:
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 02, 2017, 06:10:18 pm »
Ah ok I see what you are saying.