Author Topic: c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]  (Read 16677 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: c-RPG Pro-Database Wipe Assembly [No polls, written opinions.]
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2017, 04:04:07 pm »
+4
To me, cRPG was never meant to be a "Fair" mod. From starting as a farmer with grandiose dreams of being a 2 hander like Jesus (some dude who impressed me as he killed me) to grinding day in and day out for my gothic set of armour. My stats weren't as good and my equipment sucked compared to people who'd played it for longer but that's how everybody started and the mod grew in popularity from there.

You put time and effort into it and you got a tangible reward and you progressed from peasant to someone who had a fighting chance, sometimes.

When looms were introduced it was just another goal to attain. Would I be happy walking around in an unloomed set of armour and a basic flamberge? No, not really because I would feel like I was missing out. Generations and looms were a mechanic to get people to retire and so reduce the amount of high-levelled players in the game and levelling up from a peasant became easier and easier.

I don't know what it's like to be a new player now but if you're not the kind of person who likes to put any effort in then there's always a Skip-the-Fun character.

A lot of people like to play on servers where there are the most people, and that's why servers like Mount & Siege/Napoleon Roleplay are always popular now, because they're usually the highest populated servers in Native/Napoleon. I am an admin on Mount & Siege and they've been targetted many times by DDOSS attacks which killed the player base and it took effort from the admins and owner to get the population back.

How did they achieve it? By logging on to the server and playing the game.

When people say cRPG is not fun is it because they don't enjoy the mod or because there's not a lot of people playing it? If it's the first reason then why would anything help you to enjoy the mod any more? If it's the second reason then you gotta put some time into playing it so other people will join.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2017, 10:49:56 pm »
+7
And Thryn, I'm not replying to you because you're a fuckin' retard, kid

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2017, 11:25:29 pm »
+2
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2017, 03:14:22 am »
+1
so if the starter pack can't be given raw looms but instead has to be given items according to the code, then why can't the devs (prof) just put 1 million gold into the starter pack and manipulate the market to introduce looms at a controlled price? Roundabout way of including personalized builds into the starter pack. Can't really be manipulated because it defines the market value of looms despite whatever level of demand there is. It lets noobs get their full set of looms quicker (by playing to earn gold) so they can compete with us vets without forcing us to give up our characters.

Just an idea for that middle ground.

All of us still posting on this damned forum want one thing and that's to still see this fuckin awesome mod live, regardless of gaming goals. Props to all of us for that.

Long Live c-RPG!

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2017, 04:17:24 am »
so if the starter pack can't be given raw looms but instead has to be given items according to the code, then why can't the devs (prof) just put 1 million gold into the starter pack and manipulate the market to introduce looms at a controlled price? Roundabout way of including personalized builds into the starter pack. Can't really be manipulated because it defines the market value of looms despite whatever level of demand there is. It lets noobs get their full set of looms quicker (by playing to earn gold) so they can compete with us vets without forcing us to give up our characters.

ok if you mean market as in player marketplace, giving players 1 million gold to buy looms will only increase the price even higher

if you mean put it in the store like where you buy swords and armor then there would be no point in retiring. all you do is farm gold to buy looms from the market.

if you want to remove retirement system, thats a different debate (i kind of like retiring for the looms and titles, makes u give up ur strong character for stronger weapons for future strong characters)

obligatory friedman picture

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2017, 04:51:58 am »
if the market and gold is controlled so that by the time you retire for one free loom point then you can buy a loom on top of it. Two for one retirement plus the gen bonus....brings the no loom players up faster. The ones with full sets aren't retiring anyway. Could just not retire and use the level to earn hypothetically 1.5 times the amount of gold you'd earn in the time it takes to lvl up to 31, but then you wouldn't get that free loom. Maybe combine a lower level with the percentage of times that upkeep occurs and the amount of gold earned per tick. similar to how gens work with gold but the higher level you get the closer gold gets to the standard level. say level one gets 4x the amount of gold per tick. lvl 2 gets 3.9 ending with lvl 31 getting 1.0x the standard gold (excluding gen perks)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:56:14 am by Farrix »

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2017, 05:05:44 am »
i dont even know what you're saying tbh

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2017, 05:21:26 am »
update the code of either the game or c-rpg.net to directly tie the amount of gold earned per tick to the level which a character is at. Greater encouragement to retire. If low level characters with no looms suddenly have the potential to earn a lot of gold (have goals) then they'll want to buy something with it. Looms at a controlled price. Best way to do that is to make a booth with infinite looms controlled by a dev/admin. It's called communism my friend and it only works in very small communities. I.E. hippy communes/c-RPG.

Disclosure: Talking out my ass, I have no idea how the code or webdesign works so am just speculating on if these ideas even could be done.

Offline ImElias

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ImSofaKingInKweddable
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2017, 07:38:28 pm »
+6
Lol, what is this garbage? I don't see myself playing CRPG, and that of many others because waiting isn't playing. It's not my progression against your progression that's preventing me from having fun.

Siege was popular because it was the closest thing to TDM. But siege is also boring as hell because it caters to objective gameplay while also limiting major gameplay elements. (eg. formations and cavalry) Battle is just a very hardcore TDM and if you want to look at the market, a lot of people avoid hardcore gameplay elements. They just want to be able to put in 30 minutes of consistent gameplay a day and walk away after they're satisfied with the results.

Catering to casuals keeps a community alive. Really everyone here is at fault for driving them away because they wanted to drag their balls across an empty field for 30 minutes. When they could have just been busting a nut every 15s or more after they come back from death.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2017, 09:03:12 am »
+2
Not a good idea... I dont play cRPG much anymore but I can guarantee I would never play again if there was a wipe. You cant just wipe all the history this mod has going for it, thats madness. Grinding sucks, cRPG needs less grind not more. cRPG would be better off giving everyone free looms and making a TDM server. If high level characters are the problem then just raise the cap on STF characters.  Personally I never played cRPG for goals or progression, I played because it allowed me to customize my character.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:08:38 am by Visconti »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2017, 02:39:18 pm »
+3
here is my interview with kratos

kratos: hello do u have some time to talk about our lord and saviour c-rpg
ladoea: KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%KREMS #1 GIVE THEM RUN@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!"£@21@£!@$"£$£%$!@£%@!£$%£!$@%

and thats how our conversation went

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2017, 06:03:34 pm »
+8
(click to show/hide)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2017, 07:34:01 pm »
+2

Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2017, 08:00:45 pm »
I think the issue with the TDM mode is that strategus doesnt work if we have a TDM server. Or at least thats what I was told back in the day. The servers DO WORK for Death Match but TBH death match has never been great.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline naduril

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Naduril
  • IRC nick: Naduril
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2017, 09:31:12 am »
+1
I think the issue with the TDM mode is that strategus doesnt work if we have a TDM server. Or at least thats what I was told back in the day. The servers DO WORK for Death Match but TBH death match has never been great.
I play native DM or Siege. Sometimes TDM. cRPG lacks this server so much indeed.