Author Topic: I need a translator  (Read 4832 times)

Offline DANK

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • OotL
  • Faction: OotL
  • Game nicks: Sir_Dank_OotL, OotA_Kush
Re: I need a translator
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 08:08:50 pm »
I just want to say i'm impressed at how many people that play speak multiple languages. I wish I was fluent in another language other than English.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »
Lol France, Germany, Italy,Spain, and Poland bullshit countries? Let me gess, you are American right? Speaking of people who cant learn languages why dont you learn spanish Zapper, after all over 400 milion people speak it
Nice fail, go read a bit from earlier in this thread. I'm Norwegian, sucka! I speak English and Norwegian fluently (both of them), not fluent but good German, basic Japanese and a multitude of lesser knowledge about most of the European languages. And to that Belgian guy. Check out before you make those accusations. Might turn out your completely and horribly wrong.

EDIT:
I just want to say i'm impressed at how many people that play speak multiple languages. I wish I was fluent in another language other than English.
Thanks. It's nice when native English speakers recognize how many languages there are and how many know more than one.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 08:17:45 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline DANK

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • OotL
  • Faction: OotL
  • Game nicks: Sir_Dank_OotL, OotA_Kush
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2011, 08:16:32 pm »
lol you got the quote though

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2011, 08:18:52 pm »
lol you got the quote though
Yeah, I know. Damn modify button and quote button are too close. Wouldn't been too bad with a delete option tough...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2011, 08:19:56 pm »
Nice fail, go read a bit from earlier in this thread. I'm Norwegian, sucka! I speak English and Norwegian fluently (both of them), not fluent but good German, basic Japanese and a multitude of lesser knowledge about most of the European languages. And to that Belgian guy. Check out before you make those accusations. Might turn out your completely and horribly wrong.

EDIT:Thanks. It's nice when native English speakers recognize how many languages there are and how many know more than one.

The fact that you are Norwegian makes it even funnier how you call Germany, Italy, Spain and France BS countries. Now im not implying that Norway is BS country, you are....
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2011, 08:23:29 pm »
The fact that you are Norwegian makes it even funnier how you call Germany, Italy, Spain and France BS countries. Now im not implying that Norway is BS country, you are....
I did? Please point out where? If your thinking about the [please insert bullshit country here] then that was BESIDE the countries listed. Good thing we can read properly! Now let's get back on topic. More translators, NOW!

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »
I speak hungarian beside english.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »
Austrian - German
:mrgreen:

Austrian - the only way to talk german

If you ever need a complicator instead of a translator, ask me. Otherwise: English -> German.
määääääääääh!

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »
I did? Please point out where? If your thinking about the [please insert bullshit country here] then that was BESIDE the countries listed. Good thing we can read properly! Now let's get back on topic. More translators, NOW!

The countries you have mentioned are in par if not superior to Norway thus you are implying that Norway is BS while the only BS here being your post
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2011, 08:36:33 pm »
The countries you have mentioned are in par if not superior to Norway thus you are implying that Norway is BS while the only BS here being your post
Still haven't said where i call them BS. So how can I then imply Norway is BS if I never called them BS? Makes perfect sense, no?

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 09:06:09 pm »
I speak english and spanish...can help with any translations.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 09:21:57 pm »
No, never. What is it with those fucking retarded bitches who can't learn languages? And they keep demanding to get everything in their own language. Grow up, get balls, learn the international language like those from a PROPER civilized country does. Damn French/German/Pole/Spanish/Italian/[insert bullshit country here] retards.

There's some people who just dreamed of being able to learn foreign language, but can't for various reason. This post is utterly rude to them. I don't even see a smiley or whatever, to lower the seriousness of your post. I'm ashamed of your attitude.

EDIT:Thanks. It's nice when native English speakers recognize how many languages there are and how many know more than one.

I'll just say one thing, and i'm pretty sure it's not only my opinion, but that others people shares it.

Your first post on this topic was RUDE to all the countries you involved. Of course, don't get all mighty thinking one person like you can enrage several countries altogether, but you're seriously ruining your homeland reputation with that attitude. And yours even more, but i don't even know if you had any sort of reputation on the beginning. I would also reconsider my own position versus your clan if they accept such guy as you in their ranks.

I don't wish you a good day, sir. And hope to slaughter you ingame.

And to all the people saying "this country is better than that one", just... evolve a bit. There's no such thing as "better", since a country got way more aspects than you can count. It may have : more population, more land, more water, more cities, being older (thus maybe more culture), but it's no way "better/superior" than others.

On a side note : I don't think there's any need of translations. You must be glad that this game is in english, when it's not your main language. This way, you can learn english for something that you like. And you know it will be usefull. If you don't agree with me... too bad... i could offer myself to help for french to english translations, but seeing as there's already enough postulants, i'll withdraw my candidature.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:24:32 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2011, 09:28:51 pm »

I'll just say one thing, and i'm pretty sure it's not only my opinion, but that others people shares it.

Your first post on this topic was RUDE to all the countries you involved. Of course, don't get all mighty thinking one person like you can enrage several countries altogether, but you're seriously ruining your homeland reputation with that attitude. And yours even more, but i don't even know if you had any sort of reputation on the beginning. I would also reconsider my own position versus your clan if they accept such guy as you in their ranks.

I don't wish you a good day, sir. And hope to slaughter you ingame.

And to all the people saying "this country is better than that one", just... evolve a bit. There's no such thing as "better", since a country got way more aspects than you can count. It may have : more population, more land, more water, more cities, being older (thus maybe more culture), but it's no way "better/superior" than others.

On a side note : I don't think there's any need of translations. You must be glad that this game is in english, when it's not your main language. This way, you can learn english for something that you like. And you know it will be usefull. If you don't agree with me... too bad... i could offer myself to help for french to english translations, but seeing as there's already enough postulants, i'll withdraw my candidature.

Another guy who doesn't read the thread before he posts. Not talking about the part about me. I get what your saying. I'm just angry at all those people who never bothers to learn English and then whines whenever people ask them to do so. Even if they are playing on English speaking servers with other English speakers. The rest was just correcting the ragers who can't read.

Also the "didn't read the thread part" was aiming at the fact that you think the translators are needed to translate this game into different languages. They posted a lot of times that what they want are people to help overcome the language barrier when they need to deal with players. Like in the ban/unban threads or answering questions or whatever.

And about the reputation. Ask Lansamur you damn guard. He knows who I am :P

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 09:42:39 pm »
I also know who you are.  :mrgreen:

And i also stated that i don't think there's any need of translations. And i can say it again ; "there's no need for translation".

But i still believe (just a belief) that your first post was a little bit too... crude. Too easily misinterpretated, misunderstood.
And... my message only concerned you for the 5 first lines, the 4 others were to all others.

Oh, and i'll add that even if volunteers do the translations, it will be hard time for devs to add them in, to make you choose a language, etc... Since it's a multiplayer game ONLY mod (cRPG), then ONLY english is definitely the best.

If it was single player, having different translations would be indeed needed, but it's not the case.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2011, 09:54:45 pm »
I also know who you are.  :mrgreen:

And i also stated that i don't think there's any need of translations. And i can say it again ; "there's no need for translation".

But i still believe (just a belief) that your first post was a little bit too... crude. Too easily misinterpretated, misunderstood.
And... my message only concerned you for the 5 first lines, the 4 others were to all others.

Oh, and i'll add that even if volunteers do the translations, it will be hard time for devs to add them in, to make you choose a language, etc... Since it's a multiplayer game ONLY mod (cRPG), then ONLY english is definitely the best.

If it was single player, having different translations would be indeed needed, but it's not the case.
Thanks. Although you again miss the points of the translators. They are supposed to translate the Admin to player talks on the forums if people can't understand each other. If you've been watching the ban/unban threads you might have come across that Chinese guy who had to use google translate to convey his message. Shit was so bad it was hilarious, but annoying since the admins had a hard time understanding what he wanted. Same thing happened with a lot of Russians and poles so that's why they need people to translate. Again, not the game itself, just when they need to speak with certain players.