Author Topic: Admins gotta kick in  (Read 5528 times)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: Admins gotta kick in
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 09:22:22 pm »
I mean is it really an exploit if you can just fall into it from the main ramp that the battle takes place on? Also the person in the cage in question almost always carries 3 different Japanese weapons, one of them being the shortest one. Basically nothing that I saw lead me to the conculsion that he was intentionally abusing the spot, and you can swing through the bars of that particular cage anyhow. The only problem I see with it is that it contests the flags. If anything the map should be taken out of the rotation if that spot is really an exploit. It's far to easy to land in accidentally.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Morris

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 09:35:01 pm »
Yeah I would've given him the boot and ended the round. He had an unfair advantage created by map exploitation. That's a pretty easy fix. Use "I" chat if there is an admin on. Hell just use "I" chat to find out if any admin is on even if you don't recognize one of the names.

there was an admin on though
he literally gave them a warning using that retard pink text but then immediately after said that he wasnt gonna do anything

Offline Davic

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Semenstorm, Medieval Carriage Club
  • Game nicks: Davic, Gayvic, Cavic, Xavic, Maulvic
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 09:45:32 pm »
I mean is it really an exploit if you can just fall into it from the main ramp that the battle takes place on? Also the person in the cage in question almost always carries 3 different Japanese weapons, one of them being the shortest one. Basically nothing that I saw lead me to the conculsion that he was intentionally abusing the spot, and you can swing through the bars of that particular cage anyhow. The only problem I see with it is that it contests the flags. If anything the map should be taken out of the rotation if that spot is really an exploit. It's far to easy to land in accidentally.

I don't think he intentionally did it either, but after he was in it the point is kinda moot because he can't un-fall into it. Swinging through the bars isn't a very good solution either, since only two attack directions will sometimes go through it (and the hit reg on that cage is so finicky you never know when it will work) and that's child's play to just sit there and block. IMO, falling into the cage gave this player an unfair advantage, which is pretty much the definition of an exploit.

I think this scenario highlights the main point of this thread though, that a lot of the time admins are indecisive or simply don't admin. I'm not singling you out here because there was at least one other admin in the server at the time, but if you thought it wasn't an exploit, you should have kicked me for delaying. If you thought it was an exploit, you should have kicked the other guy for abusing it (even if it wasn't necessarily intentional). It was clear the other guy couldn't do anything, and it should have been clear after a minute or two of waiting that I was unwilling to die, so at that point shouldn't an admin make a decision? I was honestly expecting someone to be kicked the entire time, it wasn't my intention to waste 5 minutes of +30 peoples time.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 10:10:28 pm »
(click to show/hide)

How was the situation finally resolved after those 5 minutes? Did the round end in a draw or did someone leave/get kicked? I forget if a draw can happen while the flags are being capped.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Davic

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Semenstorm, Medieval Carriage Club
  • Game nicks: Davic, Gayvic, Cavic, Xavic, Maulvic
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 10:14:03 pm »
It was a draw since we were both contesting and no one had raised their flag at all.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 01:20:06 am »
+5
I think this was at like 4 am so probably all the Admins logged off. Where's kadeth when we need him

There's usually only like 6 players on NA_1 when I get home from work. =^(

also this:

I eventually quit after being sniped by desire for the billionth time lmao.

Offline Beleg

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapıkulu
  • Game nicks: Beleg
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 11:22:52 am »
+5
No one who is still playing this game is surprised by what happens when you jump in those cages
You're overestimating the intelligence of the average c-rpg player :lol:
Oh and its Gnjusoğlu Saracoğlu, you illiterate goat-shagging baklava-eater.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 12:24:03 pm »
+3
I think our Holy chadzian Emperor still believes me to be an admin. He got very upset and left the server when I wouldn't shoot smithy *However I avoid contact with him at all when there is larger population but a 2v3 situation due to only 5 people being on It's hard for 2/5ths of the server population to avoid each other until the last bit of the round to duel. I don't necessarily like the fact that sometimes smithy doesn't fight back but I'm not exactly going to complain. When the server is low pop on late night some goofing around isn't the end of the world but I would agree with you that brocoding is annoying during a 50 man server where a group of people continuously assist each other despite being on separate teams.

All that said some brocoding is acceptable. Some is not. It's up to the current admin team to decide where to draw the line.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 01:03:50 pm »
+4

Am I doing this right?

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 03:22:27 pm »
+5
Even sand explodes unnecessarily in Hollywood.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2017, 10:30:31 pm »
+3
Smashing your friends faces in is the best. I cant believe there are so many people not wanting to do this. I guess its some sort of valour feeding nonsense, 69ing eachother on teamspeak.

I always go for people I recognize first, even friendly people in game...they're usually the biggest threat to my multiplier
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2017, 10:37:53 pm »
+4
Even sand explodes unnecessarily in Hollywood.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2017, 08:40:05 pm »
C'mon.  Bro coding is against the rules (and IMHO its pathetic and needy and dorky) and it would be awesome if that was enforced... at least when they don't even try hide it.
lol and they still dont try to hide it. Was on china server earlier with 30 ppl playing no one brocoding. Went and played native tdm with 30 ppl on it no one trying to brocode or stop you from attacking the enemy player or standing by their enemy friends. Logged on NA crpg server with 10 players 2 players on my team standing by their buds one physically trying to stop me from attacking his bro. Needless to say which team won and which one lost.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2017, 09:35:57 pm »
When servers were full bro coding and krems type rubbish was just mildly irritating. With 30 or less it makes it a total waste of time.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2017, 12:27:13 pm »
I have many fond memories of teamkilling retards at the start of the next round after they forced the entire team to watch some idiotic plate-vs-plate punching match for 25 minutes. Such glorious poetic justice, forcing THEM to spend an eternity spectating as a punishment for their antics.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.