Author Topic: Admins gotta kick in  (Read 5112 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
Admins gotta kick in
« on: June 27, 2017, 11:13:10 am »
+11
We are having another resurrection, but the same thing is gonna kill it as it always did before.  Well, from the people I talk to (which may not represent the entire C-Rpg community) they get tired of the trolls.  They find this game, they get excited, then they go to NA1 and see some old trolls who feel this is their personal playground.  They are the ones who fist fight for (what feels like) 20 minutes at the end of the round, or bro code... actually bro coding is the one that offends me most.

This is supposed to be a team based game.  So when you are new, and you see a strong ally behind an equally strong enemy, you think, 'Hey, I can help beat this guy and it will be awesome!". But your ally just stands there and watches you die cuz little did you know they were buds.  And then you realize you are an outsider and you don't really belong here.

This shit is very common on NA1.  I got people playing strat back in the day, but they stopped due to NA1.  I tried telling them that trolls weren't always on, and sometimes you get an enjoyable game or two.  But yeah, they were west coasters, so they played at night and always ran into the trolls.

The sad thing is that Admins seem to be part of this joke.  If you have been playing since the dawn of time you can do whatever.  Rules don't apply.  If you're bored, go on NA1 and goof off, even though other players wish to play seriously.  But I guess the Admins are all old players too who like having their own playground.  But maybe they can go goof off at siege or duel.  Late at night and its 4 vs 4, 2 people might think its hilarious, but 6 people don't.

C'mon.  Bro coding is against the rules (and IMHO its pathetic and needy and dorky) and it would be awesome if that was enforced... at least when they don't even try hide it.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Admins gotta kick in
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 11:32:53 am »
+2
Brocoding is the worst thing to happen in this game. I dont know any other game where co-operating across teams has ever been so common. Happened a lot on EU as well, im almost glad its dead so it can spare me the frustrations.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 11:33:38 am »
+2
This is supposed to be a team based game.  So when you are new, and you see a strong ally behind an equally strong enemy, you think, 'Hey, I can help beat this guy and it will be awesome!". But your ally just stands there and watches you die cuz little did you know they were buds.  And then you realize you are an outsider and you don't really belong here.

I'm a wannabe troll myself, but this triggers me. I RQ'd hundreds of times because of this.
Also when big boys get to have their duels at the ends of rounds, but you get ganked because they don't recognise your name.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 03:01:57 pm »
+4
Noted. If you do see this happening please report it to an admin. If no admin is on and it's really out of hand, make a ban thread and we'll look into it. Feel free to add me on steam; Brontosaurus910, it's a picture of space. You can also message me directly and when I do return I'll personally check out what problems you're experiencing. So far, since I've been back, I haven't really noticed much rule breaking but I haven't been on late nights when there is a really low pop.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 03:05:34 pm »
+4
Bro-coding hurts everyone!  Saw some of this last night too. 

Save the game!  Smash your friends' faces in if they are on the opposing team!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »
+5
Smashing your friends faces in is the best. I cant believe there are so many people not wanting to do this. I guess its some sort of valour feeding nonsense, 69ing eachother on teamspeak.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 05:26:22 pm »
+2
Smashing your friends faces in is the best.

I have to agree here. Nothing is more satisfying than hunting down your clan mates.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 05:54:54 pm »
+7
Jona for admin 2017! A vote for Jona is a vote to end brocoding!

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 06:05:28 pm »
Jona for admin 2017! A vote for Jona is a vote to end brocoding!

Did you lose your in game admin powers? I only lost my forum ones.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 06:29:16 pm »
+2
Did you lose your in game admin powers? I only lost my forum ones.

Don't let them know!

But yah, I did. Tried talking to my homies in admin chat but to no avail. Secret convos were the best... I could hunt down my brethren on the opposing team, mock them in admin chat after they've been slain and still remain an upstanding citizen in the public eye. I had all sorts of choice words for kadeth when I last saw him in-game.  :D

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:32:48 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 06:36:10 pm »
+21
Sorry, but allowing other players to fight in duels is not and shouldn't be punishable; I'll stand back from 2v1'ing players I don't even know for the sake of sport--and it is sport, not 'trolling'. Same with having a good ol' fist fight every once in a while, nothing wrong with it. Hard rules should be restricted to things that are clearly definable as wrong and that have bad intentions, not just things you dislike. If admins could just ban everything that was disliked then we would never again have to worry about ranged cavalry playing the game--but that's now how rules work. There's no way to admin against these sorts of things without being a huge, restrictive, joykill jackass. It's not objective. Furthermore, none of this stuff qualifies as 'trolling', which appears to be a buzzword you just throw about to define things you don't like. Take it from me, I know trolling. This isn't it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 06:42:35 pm by GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER »

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 06:49:32 pm »
I doubt anyone has a problem with end match duels, save a few exceptions ( two people running around delaying so they can find daggers, clutchers that do nothing till the end, then run around full health picking off the scraps )

I think Brygg is talking more about Valor\x5 whores, which is a symptom with a simple fix. lower valor rate...boom, problem solved.

again, more often than not, its about about brocoding, shit, I code with people I hate.

Basically CRPG turned into a noob farming game, much like Smoothrich predicted it would, we all know now, who is a tough fight, and who is a (an?) easy win. why actually fight if the game is about xp? just grind xp. the easiest way to do this is simply avoid fighting anyone that might give you a problem.

and yes im guilty of this lame pathetic shit, even if its not a friend, if they drop their weapon and block unarmed, its become an unwritten common knowledge that they are ALSO hunting noobs, to pad their kd, and to hold onto a x5 for hours longer than the game intended.

its pretty fucking bad\rampant, there are players like kadeth that are good, but have huge ping disadvantages that are on the list. ya he has high ping, he also has good timing, which makes him a threat to my x5. its just much more efficient to flash my members card (block unarmed) and move onto much easier pray.

basically, we are all\have been turned into: horribly lame hypocritical fucking people, that should probably just stop playing OR realize that, this was never meant to last...
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 06:54:46 pm »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 07:08:13 pm »
+1
Sorry, but allowing other players to fight in duels is not and shouldn't be punishable; I'll stand back from 2v1'ing players I don't even know for the sake of sport--and it is sport, not 'trolling'. Same with having a good ol' fist fight every once in a while, nothing wrong with it. Hard rules should be restricted to things that are clearly definable as wrong and that have bad intentions, not just things you dislike. If admins could just ban everything that was disliked then we would never again have to worry about ranged cavalry playing the game--but that's now how rules work. There's no way to admin against these sorts of things without being a huge, restrictive, joykill jackass. It's not objective. Furthermore, none of this stuff qualifies as 'trolling', which appears to be a buzzword you just throw about to define things you don't like. Take it from me, I know trolling. This isn't it.

(click to show/hide)

End round duels are fine, because at that point the game is nearly settled, there probably wont be huge swings one way or the other unless by some crazy stroke of luck. But mid round when there is still 15+ people alive on each time, we are in a 2v1 scenario and you make me duel the guy which could take minutes it ends up being a huge difference to our team rather than us simply beating him down in a matter of seconds possibly, then moving on to help the rest of the team. My gameplan is always to use my health as a resource when we got the numbers to take down opponents quickly to force a sort of snowballing effect. When i find myself going in 2v1, taking risks without my teammate even attempting to take advantage of what im attempting to create then what the hell am i even playing battle for i could just go duel and revamp my entire playstyle to a 1v1 scenario without any added bullshit.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken