Author Topic: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017  (Read 29279 times)

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
Re: GAME OF THRONES - SEASON 7 - SPOILERS INSIDE - 7/16/2017
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2017, 06:13:02 am »
+3
I don't know how true this is, but this is 100% spoiler material... Don't watch it if you care anything about GoT... Kinda sad i did.
(click to show/hide)

I REPEAT DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DONT LIKE SPOILERS

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2017, 08:09:52 am »
I don't know how true this is, but this is 100% spoiler material... Don't watch it if you care anything about GoT... Kinda sad i did.
(click to show/hide)

I REPEAT DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DONT LIKE SPOILERS

thanks for havin our back broheim. I almost watched it and came back to this thread and now am not going too
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2017, 10:58:23 am »
He did way more than duck he was flat on the ground. And I never said he should have been with out reaction..

Oh my god he did the sensible thing if a dragon is coming at you! What would ducking have done? Why would he have only ducked? LOL. "He should have reacted but not in a way that would have saved his life!"
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2017, 11:52:27 am »
A lot of actually good stories go in-depth to explain how magic works or why supernatural happens. In a story where it's "hey look dragons just bcuz" it's reasonable that one might wonder why they're having a hard time believing that there's also the undead.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2017, 03:15:48 pm »
+1
Any pretence of the story taking place in a real world is done, distance and time are meaningless. This goes back a few seasons now, but it's all nonsensical. Armies and navies and characters insta teleport to wherever they're needed for the shitty plot to unwind, with zero logic or explanation.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2017, 03:56:47 pm »
Any pretence of the story taking place in a real world is done, distance and time are meaningless. This goes back a few seasons now, but it's all nonsensical. Armies and navies and characters insta teleport to wherever they're needed for the shitty plot to unwind, with zero logic or explanation.
Yeah it's weird, the first few seasons generally respected travel time, but this season in particular doesn't even pretend to care.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2017, 04:08:36 pm »
+2
The realism within the limits of the world was something I appreciated very much about the books and the first few seasons, and it has indeed completely disappeared. I still find the show enjoyable, but probably largely so because I am very much committed at this point. Some of the conversations were pretty cool this time around, and the battles at least looked reasonable.

One thing I find very worrying is the nature of the Night King and White Walkers as antagonists. It appears GoT is just moving towards a classic good & evil struggle. What are the motivations of the Night King? Death and destruction for their own sake are just boring and old-fashioned to me now.

I am kind off glad that I can always find the exact same frustrations I have with an episode on this forum. From watching with a different group this season, largely composed of women, I am surprised how many people root for completely different characters than I do, and how nobody seems to be bothered by the practical impossibilities surrounding each battle. Apparently there are people who appreciate Sand Snakes, love Brienne, and hate Littlefinger. I guess not all people watching GoT are cunts and military history nerds like people here.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2017, 04:24:56 pm »
TLDR, I'm glad to see someone being sceptical. Just cos they've accepted one fantasy concept doesn't mean that anything and everything anyone claims to see if automatically real. Even fantasy worlds have insane people.
Yes, I find Dany's skepticism completely understandable. Having to adjust your beliefs due to new evidence does not mean you should reduce your standards of evidence for every other thing. Having to accept one thing beyond our natural-supernatural divide in a fantasy world just makes that divide different for that world. By existing, dragons become natural, that still leaves necromancing blue-eyed ice monsters in the supernatural.

Jon brings forth zero evidence. I recall a moving arm that was cut off a zombie at some point, perhaps he should've kept it in a box. I thought the argument of Tyrion to believe Jon was clever. The sheer stupidity of coming to Dragonstone must mean that Jon considers whatever he has seen to be a serious threat.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2017, 04:45:44 pm »
She went through this:

I find it hard to believe she would be skeptical, since there's also no other logical reason for Jon to come to Dragonstone and persuade her.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2017, 05:45:36 pm »
That's how I'd explain those things.
- how couldn't the rest of DT's fleet could get ambushed in plain daylight without them knowing or anything.
They are unsullied, they don't know shit about naval tactics. They just land and go capture that fortress, what could possibly happen to these boats...
- looking at the westeros map, how could the "new" ironborn fleet get to king's landing, then back to casterly rock (literally at the opposite side of westeros) in time to destroy a fleet that came from Dragonstone (supposedly ?) but left much earlier ?
This didn't have to be the whole ironbord fleet, just a number of ships that may or may not have been patroling around Casterly Rock just in case.
- the braavosi Iron Bank is meant to despise slavery, yet they seem to refer to it as a business of theirs ?? perhaps they're simply luring Cersei in a trap or something, maybe they'll finance Daenerys' invasion, which wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen in the show.
I don't know if they are indeed supposed to despise slavery, sure they are Braavosi, but after all money is the only thing they care about IMO.
- how can the lannister army be powerful enough to wipe the reachmen after fighting the North, the Riverlands, and some other foes?
Pycelle once said to Tywin: "You have built the stongest house". Also, they didn't really lose that many soldiers in the siege of Riverrun.

One thing I find very worrying is the nature of the Night King and White Walkers as antagonists. It appears GoT is just moving towards a classic good & evil struggle. What are the motivations of the Night King? Death and destruction for their own sake are just boring and old-fashioned to me now.
I don't think you have to worry about it, they clearly (well, "clearly") have a purpose other than just wiping out everything living like in "Walking dead". After all, they have let the night's watch guy from S1E1 go away, and they also build strange ornaments from stones and bodies. Those are good signs for me that there's more than them just wanting to wreck shit up.
I think the show will surpsise us by revealing the true goal of White Walkers, meanwhile there are some interesting theories on this matter on youtube.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2017, 08:37:48 pm »
Oh my god he did the sensible thing if a dragon is coming at you! What would ducking have done? Why would he have only ducked? LOL. "He should have reacted but not in a way that would have saved his life!"
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2017, 08:51:18 pm »

This is what I miss.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2017, 09:34:41 pm »

This didn't have to be the whole ironbord fleet, just a number of ships that may or may not have been patroling around Casterly Rock just in case.
Dunno, I kinda saw the admiral ship, unless there are several ones, this means Euron is able to teleport his entire armada across the continent, or to have Jaime becoming a mastermind able to predict all moves from DT. Oh and don't get me started on how he managed to build a freaking armada from the scratch, in that time.

I don't know if they are indeed supposed to despise slavery, sure they are Braavosi, but after all money is the only thing they care about IMO.Pycelle once said to Tywin: "You have built the stongest house".

Yea, that makes sense aswell. Not like he could look any shadier tbh.

Also, they didn't really lose that many soldiers in the siege of Riverrun.

They were short on food, money, and had waged a devastating war against the North. And again, the Reachmen had a freaking castle, filled with wealth (ability to get food to last for months). And even if it wasn't their forte, according to Olenna, they still should've had way more bannermen and soldiers than the lannisters, or at least, enough to put up a fight (according to the lore).

I also should add DT has at her disposal one of the greatest spy network on Westeros, and that the populace from KL was literally cheering at Cersei, despite the fact she blew up the holy septry, and killed thousands of innocents from her own city. I think they're rushing it like crazy, it's quite obvious with the length of the battle scenes, and the length of the remaining seasons.

Like Xant, I think the way they've made DT lose most of its army almost looks like fan-service :

ep 1 : oh boi, Cersei is done.
ep 2 : oh well, their fleet is gone, I guess it's to make things a little bit fair.
ep 3 : ok, plz.

And with the trailer for ep 4, I can almost bet two things will happen (haven't watched anything but trailers) :

(click to show/hide)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2017, 09:40:52 pm »
Don't forget Jaime told Euron when they was all in the throne room that it was only a little while ago that the crowd was throwing crap at Cersai in her naked walk from the Sept.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:32:33 am by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2017, 12:02:44 am »
+2
Like Xant, I think the way they've made DT lose most of its army almost looks like fan-service :

ep 1 : oh boi, Cersei is done.
ep 2 : oh well, their fleet is gone, I guess it's to make things a little bit fair.
ep 3 : ok, plz.

And with the trailer for ep 4, I can almost bet two things will happen (haven't watched anything but trailers) :

(click to show/hide)
Yeah like I wrote a year ago:
Which was something to look forward to, once upon a time...

But it's Daenerys, so she's been piled every advantage possible, while Westeros is massively divided and should have almost no proper armies left after all the slaughter.

Bolton had six thousand men at Winterfell, 90+% of them died, Jon had three thousand men, 95+% of them died (but I guess some will come back alive because they speak as if the wildlings are still a force, maybe they were busy with something more important than the massive battle and didn't take part)...

Meanwhile Daenerys has what, a hundred thousand+ of mounted Dothraki, 10000 Unsullied (finest infantry in the world, also notice how they had to give her the finest cavalry in the world and the finest infantry in the world, otherwise she wouldn't be Daenerys Mary Sueborn), whatever assorted troops she's gathered from the conquered cities ("vast horde of freed men" the books say), and now the pirate army led by the lesbian pirate queen. Oh, not to forget three dragons that take her commands perfectly all of a sudden and are for all intents and purposes invincible and also make castles useless. She has a literally unbeatable army on paper, it's like a 10 year old boy wrote fanfiction about his favorite character.

Gee, I wonder how that fucking conquest will go. Wild guess, Daenerys has another Daenerys Is Triumphant moment. They'll need to get unbelievably convoluted to give her even the smallest challenge, never mind an actual threat. Robb Stark gave the entire united rest-of-Westeros serious trouble with 20k men...

Looks like they're going the "unbelievably convoluted" route...

And we're supposed to believe a fucking ballista is the secret weapon against dragons? Wtf?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.