Author Topic: ENTIRE WIPE  (Read 7928 times)

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: ENTIRE WIPE
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2017, 07:06:42 pm »
+3
I think Gurgumul tries to be funny. Game Speed already is super fucking slow, like only 50% of the original game speed 5 or so years ago. I never really see anyone feinting, and when, if facing a somewhat half decent opponent, the feinter dies, because it's fucking useless.

Feinting only works against people new to mount and blade ...

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2017, 07:09:17 pm »
+1
I think really all that is needed is for new players coming in is to not be low level and have a little better starting position
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:21:52 pm by njames89 »

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2017, 07:11:02 pm »
+3
2h heroes triggered

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2017, 07:12:08 pm »
+3
I think Gurgumul tries to be funny. Game Speed already is super fucking slow, like only 50% of the original game speed 5 or so years ago. I never really see anyone feinting, and when, if facing a somewhat half decent opponent, the feinter dies, because it's fucking useless.

Feinting only works against people new to mount and blade ...

game speed isn't super slow if they're agi whores, half of the animations are fucked due to insane movement speed and super high wpf

if retirement is reverted back to level 31, game becomes more balanced than current meta
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2017, 07:14:41 pm »
2h heroes triggered

I'm a hero with polearms and 1h too, though. I suck at ranged and cav :(

Seriously, 2h was kind of OP at some point, I agree to that, but that point was like 5-6 years ago.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2017, 07:20:10 pm »
+1
The person who made this thread was a new player, now he doesn't play, weird.
I started playing a char I use for native  (Dead_Wight) after this post was made just in case you did it and got to lvl 35 with no looms or gen bonus a couple of weeks ago it didn't seem that bad to me, guess I am just used to it. All the while still playing my other alts and not playing every day.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline WarLord

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2017, 07:22:51 pm »
+1
game speed isn't super slow if they're agi whores, half of the animations are fucked due to insane movement speed and super high wpf

if retirement is reverted back to level 31, game becomes more balanced than current meta

I don't want levels or chars or items or whatever to be wiped, but I still would join the game when players are on with a "low"-level-non loomed char and still wreck 97% of other players.
Because levels or looms don't make bad players significantly better, same as their absense doesn't make good players significantly worse.

Agi-whores are annoying as fuck, agreed, (I mostly play(ed) balanced or str-oriented builds for 6 years), but high(er) str and if still gives more advantages than high agi imho.

Anyway, why am I even typing this, mod is deavisitors can't see pics , please register or login
d
:mrgreen:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2017, 07:55:41 pm »
+1

I guess you're the lady shoving the shit around while I stand in the background, wondering why the fuck your digging in shit?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2017, 07:58:47 pm »
+2
So there's an elephant in the room which is really a T-Rex who poops a lot.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2017, 09:01:29 pm »
+4
I don't want levels or chars or items or whatever to be wiped, but I still would join the game when players are on with a "low"-level-non loomed char and still wreck 97% of other players.
Because levels or looms don't make bad players significantly better, same as their absense doesn't make good players significantly worse.

Agi-whores are annoying as fuck, agreed, (I mostly play(ed) balanced or str-oriented builds for 6 years), but high(er) str and if still gives more advantages than high agi imho.

Anyway, why am I even typing this, mod is deavisitors can't see pics , please register or login
d
:mrgreen:

it shouldn't be an xp wipe, it should just change the required xp per level - level 31 is 8mil xp instead of level 35;

and you're right, 2h was OP 5 years ago and all the non 2hmasterrace plebs still haven't learned to block  :lol: :lol:

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2017, 03:13:00 am »
+2
cRPG 1h animations > cRPG 2h animations

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2017, 04:06:01 am »
cRPG 1h animations > cRPG 2h animations
Yes, I hate it when some feugeot aims down to abuse the animations and instahits without glancing.

Why not just forget about new players and make the mod better for whoever still remains? Complete noobs are rare in Warband anyway, most have at least some experience considering the game's been out for nearly 7 years and is dying. If you want more players, then the best bet would be getting back old players who stopped playing. Ask around and try to get a list of reasons why they abandoned the mod, then try to fix/update cRPG according to those reasons. And who knows, if mod becomes great again, maybe the legendary new players will also join in.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2017, 04:21:41 am »
+3
Yes, I hate it when some feugeot aims down to abuse the animations and instahits without glancing.

Why not just forget about new players and make the mod better for whoever still remains? Complete noobs are rare in Warband anyway, most have at least some experience considering the game's been out for nearly 7 years and is dying. If you want more players, then the best bet would be getting back old players who stopped playing. Ask around and try to get a list of reasons why they abandoned the mod, then try to fix/update cRPG according to those reasons. And who knows, if mod becomes great again, maybe the legendary new players will also join in.

i hope you realize that the reason for this game's longevity is the fact that the skill ceiling is insanely high. just like all of the major games that are being played on a professional level, crpg has a working system that rewards player by getting better at the game over time. raising your own skill level is rewarding in and of itself and thats why people keep on playing it after all of these years (we sure as hell aren't playing it for the graphics). donkey crew somewhat understands this concept considering that when they were demonstrating their combat video for M:BG (before okam), the devs expressly went on about how "after playing for a month and getting better, you finally may go back up to that one guy who beat you and in turn kill him."

to address your whining about animations: work on your footwork and blocking if you're getting destroyed by people aiming at the ground; you need to be able to control the pace of the fight with your own movements, and in order to hit someone while practically looking straight down, you have to be facehugging. you can get good at kicking and counter them, and you can also learn to read movements and stop their attacks with dank rmb use.

btw if you're going to say that 2h animations are more broken than 1h animations, well: ghost reach is on half of the weapons for 1h and it 1h stab can hit really hard; it's also faster than 2h, and 2h stab animations have been replaced b/c original m&b animations are broken af. Secondly, you can just as easily hiltslash with a 1h. want me to tell you the secret? aim at the ground and swing left, and while facehugging, you can slash people in the face with your attacks (ez spam and ez dmg).

additionally if you're wondering why people have stopped playing, i think the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility comes into play here. essentially, the more and more people play this game, the less satisfaction they receive from it. after a while (maybe 5 years of it), people will eventually stop enjoying the game, leading to its death.

there used to be a guy named mokuchin who quit crpg im fairly certain because after he spent like 5 mil on a level 37 respec, the devs upped the retirement level to 35 and gave everyone a free weekly respec  :lol:

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2017, 04:22:29 am »
+1
Problem is james, new players come and go as soon as they notice how unfair of advantage they are in current crpg build. I check stats pretty often, we get a good amount of new accounts and players but they don't stay long.

The person who made this thread was a new player, now he doesn't play, weird.

To be honest, I never saw him in game before or after this post anyways so its not too weird

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2017, 10:46:30 am »
+2
Do banners work now btw?
Maybe that would be a start... :P
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.