Author Topic: ENTIRE WIPE  (Read 7619 times)

Offline SerGuillotin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ENTIRE WIPE
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2017, 07:42:45 pm »
+2
Maybe just add something like a blacksmith button where you can loom your items at a risk where it could be destroyed like, 75% chance of the item looming to succeed from +0 to +1, 50% chance from +1 to +2 and 25% chance from +2 to +3, that way ppl can loom, but with a risk, making items more expensive in shop, + gold requirement to loom items, could become a hard thing, maybe add some like, materials required to loom items, and have the materials drop at random while playing, that way ppl will trade different materials, or grind em, so they can loom the item that they want.
This way after wipe,veterans will still get plenty of chances to get their gear to +3 fast, maybe they will get their items destroyed, but there is still a chance :D
I think overall, items should be harder to aquire, and looms easier to get. Another idea would be completely removing the item shop and adding in Crafting, that has to be skilled by  crafting lower tier items using materials ( like most MMO games crafting )gold would be used to buy materials from the marketplace from other players, or items that are being sold by crafters/other players, that way guilds would have crafters, and they would gather materials from everyone and create gear for the guild, new players could join guilds, have the crafter give them some stuff etc ( this feature would catch alot of ppls attention that are into crafting, guilds etc such as many PW players )
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:49:14 pm by SerGuillotin »

Offline SerGuillotin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2017, 07:52:45 pm »
You will probably lose old players tho if you wipe everything
maybe old players could recieve something special like in game/forum custom titles or their names carved on a stone on a duel map idk haha

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2017, 08:37:25 pm »
+3
Lots of great ideas in this thread, if only Donkey Crew implemented some in OKAM

You will probably lose old players tho if you wipe everything

Dupre already said he's not going to wipe anything, so no need to worry about that

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 12:11:17 am »
+3
Can we at least keep our titles? I have a level 37 character and if we are wiping I'd like to at least retire and get the master title. I am 100% against wiping tho because i've spent years getting all that shit and probably wouldnt play anymore unless pop jumps up to like 200 players daily.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 12:13:39 am »
+4
Sounds like an awesome way to kill cRPG as fast as possible again - great suggestion by some cuck, "SirGuillotin", who probably has nothing to lose.

Wipe literal thousands of hours of gameplay because of a YouTube comment. The very fact that you even see YouTube comments and don't block that cancer with an add-on leads me to believe you're a total mouth-breathing idiot, not to mention the raw retardation of the suggestion itself.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2017, 12:37:55 am »
+3
Sounds like an awesome way to kill cRPG as fast as possible again - great suggestion by some cuck, "SirGuillotin", who probably has nothing to lose.

Wipe literal thousands of hours of gameplay because of a YouTube comment. The very fact that you even see YouTube comments and don't block that cancer with an add-on leads me to believe you're a total mouth-breathing idiot, not to mention the raw retardation of the suggestion itself.

At least hes giving ideas. All you have is pointless insults. Wheres your suggestions?

btw,
I will not wipe anyone's characters or items. You don't have to stress over that.

Dupre already said he's not going to wipe anything, so no need to worry about that

I suggest reading before posting.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:54:25 am by Dupre »
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2017, 05:44:57 am »
+4
Appreciate the commitment to not resetting looms and characters .

My two cents:
Fix banners and keep the servers lag free while adding more items. Add ladders back into the game and put Arena and Tavern back into the map rotation. Updating the moddb page with information on recent patches could get the mod more exposure aswell.

All that is missing from NA crpg in my opinion is a dedicated core of players to keep the server fired up. Give the battle server a multiplier with even 2 players. Maybe a boosted multiplier (x5) for the first two players to populate the server.

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 05:42:15 pm »
+1
I dont know how long i do play crpg now,i had many chars,many diffrent names,i think its close to 5 years? cant really tell u,but i dont give a shit about my looms and gens,i mean ofc u grinded them and ofc u are proud to have them,but since the market is dead ( which was a reason to have many loomed items),i dont care anymore,where is the fdiffrence nowadays,if those 20+ ppl on eu1 got all 3+ weapons armors ect,its the same like they would have not a single loomed item at the end,just the skill matters AND those high lvl builds which gives u more benefit then a loomed +3 item.

I would love to see a full reset of everything,playing with poor gear is still the best and funny thing u can do in crpg.

ps: bring back siegegear to battle server  :D

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 08:12:59 pm »
Appreciate the commitment to not resetting looms and characters .

My two cents:
Fix banners and keep the servers lag free while adding more items. Add ladders back into the game and put Arena and Tavern back into the map rotation. Updating the moddb page with information on recent patches could get the mod more exposure aswell.

All that is missing from NA crpg in my opinion is a dedicated core of players to keep the server fired up. Give the battle server a multiplier with even 2 players. Maybe a boosted multiplier (x5) for the first two players to populate the server.

They will try to votekick everyone who is joining,so they can keep there x5 forever :D

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline axel

• Baron
  • Renown: 116
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Athenon
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2017, 07:31:08 am »
Sorry guys but I quit the mod if you wipe my gear and character... I farmed so long for them even tho I can't play with it I can still come on the website and look at it to feel like a nostalgic bitch. I believe doing a season and not wiping old character would be the best way to do it. I strongly approve the Season idea as it will bring new people and a majority of old player will surely play it + they will still be able to brag their masterwork wiener in main servers.

Make the crusade great again
-Athenoune_FireBlood

Offline axel

• Baron
  • Renown: 116
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Athenoune_Fireblood
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Athenon
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2017, 07:39:15 am »
+1

Oh yes I agree so much on this one! The real problem with servers right now is that no one is playing while pop is at 1-2 players, it make the server start real late as it need some gentlemen to stay and be patient (like sometimes even 1h...) to get the server at 6players atleast. Most of the time people just leave and look back when the server is more populated. Last week I was up with my brother everyday just so that people could join... I'm not doing this anymore as it take too much of my time while giving me nothing to do so.
Make the crusade great again
-Athenoune_FireBlood

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 04:46:44 pm »
Wiping the game would absolutely be the death of the mod. That being said we should do more to help new players and to help increase incentives to play on the servers when they are very low population.

A strategus reset could be good for the game but even that I find unnecessary. As is its very easy to build armies.

Perhaps in the first gen a character should start at lvl 34, halfway to retirement so nooks don't log in and get their shit pushed in immediately.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 12:58:01 am »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:06:32 am by Jarold »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 08:05:41 am »
Didn't read everything in this thread cuz... ugh... some people... :P

Out of curiosity: Is there any actual evidence to back up the claim that a wipe would bring players to crpg?

Personally, I think that is a lot of bullshit. The game is old and it looks bad. The main player base of crpg grew old on top of everything and hence people don't have time to regrind everything which in return means that they'd be stuck with Gen 1 / no looms character... so much fun...  mod iz ded and that's the end of the whole story.

And if you actually consider a wipe, then at least give everyone 9 LP for free afterwards or something... so we can at least have our favourite items loomed.

Still think a wipe is a stupid idea.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 12:05:20 pm »
+2
Not sure about EU but NA has had consistent and increasing population. Definitely alive we had nearly 50 on last night. I wouldn't make any huge changes now as the current setup is working.