Author Topic: ENTIRE WIPE  (Read 7620 times)

Offline SerGuillotin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
ENTIRE WIPE
« on: January 11, 2017, 10:10:12 am »
Wipe strat, wipe characters, wipe items, increase items gold prices, make them more grindy to purchase. instead of buying that cool looking item within a few mins because gold is easy to get, and then play for weeks to get it to +3 just for a small improvement, i'd rather play for a few weeks and get the item, its more exciting and fun, increase the grind.
With everything wiped, new players will be interested in the mod, and old players should be too, after all, it's a fresh start, and who doesn't like a fresh start? the guy that played for 6 years for lvl 38....come on, if ur a good player u don't need ur lvl 38, new players are not really into joining a mod where players have 6 years old characters with high lvl and impossible to achieve builds at this point.
Players that will complain about this are most likely players that aren't even playing the mod anymore, so idk, i feel like this would be a huge step in the revival of cRPG.

quoting a new player that commented on youtube ''It isn't too late to jump into CRPG as a complete newbie is it? I might have to get some game time in whenever I can scrounge together a day off from work.'' and was interested to start playing crpg.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:38:44 am by SerGuillotin »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: ENTIRE WIPE
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 10:29:54 am »
+6
I'd kinda miss Torben, and dont have the time to level a char.  So id be stfing it, and dunno.  I know where youre coming from but i would be a bit unhappy QQ
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SerGuillotin

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 10:35:42 am »
+2
Oh come on, it literally takes like 2-3 days to get lvl 35 back.. :D and it's not like ur not viable if ur not fully loomed up..

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 03:25:46 pm »
+5
I'd say the potential of getting new players and reviving cRPG is worth losing all your progress and items. You can have all the gold in the world, and have fun circlejerking with the other 9 nerds, or you can sacrifice your shit and hopefully #MakeCeeArrPeeGeeGreatAgain

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 03:53:03 pm »
+7
wiping the shit i grinded 4/5 years for? nty

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 05:26:05 pm »
+6
And what can you do with all the shit you grinded for in a dead mod?

Maybe it's possible to set up something like a whole separate database, so that new players and non-nerds can play there with a fresh start, while the vets jerk off to their looms on the "old" servers. cRPG 2.0 essentialy, not connected to the current cRPG's database of characters, clans, and so on.

Offline SerGuillotin

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 06:47:43 pm »
+1
dunno, RiP, why do you care so much, no one can wipe the skill u aquired in 4/5 years, are items worth that much to you? who would you kill with them? if there are no players.
There is a huge chance that alot of players will join if everything gets wiped.
Do you like having an advantage over other players because u played 4/5 years? is skill not enough of an advantage?
Just saying..

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 08:03:45 pm »
+3
I dont prefere a full wipe aswell. I've retired now about 110 fucking times, to get all the loomed items i got now. It would be Kind unfair to make all this undone.
What we need are something like "Master items"
Dupre should add such a new class to the Shop. And as a Start He could add the items we all got right now but u cant buy in the Shop atm.
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 08:33:49 pm »
+4

Maybe it's possible to set up something like a whole separate database, so that new players and non-nerds can play there with a fresh start, while the vets jerk off to their looms on the "old" servers. cRPG 2.0 essentialy, not connected to the current cRPG's database of characters, clans, and so on.

You might be onto something...
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 08:35:04 pm »
+4

It's called a showcase for myself to look at all the stuff I ground my life away the 6 years I played crpg. I also dont get it, crpg in its current form is the easiest to grind now. I ground for every single loompoint I have , I wasn't given them because I was  new player. New players have it so much easier here than they used to. I am 270,000,000 exp into lvl 37 on my main, if you wiped crpg you wasted all my time.
If you want a level playing field go play native. I do better in native against people who we all have the same stats than I do in crpg on my level 37 main. As a matter of fact you have beaten me a few times in the last week ser guillotine so I dont know why you are crying for a wipe. You would still get beat down by the same people even if there was a wipe.

PLEASE DUPRE don not do a wipe. OR if you do please make it so I can keep my levels,my gear and my stats frozen in carbonite (but unable to be played) so I can come by and view my past achievements once in awhile before I head back to native. Thank you.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 08:37:45 pm »
+6
It's called a showcase for myself to look at all the stuff I ground my life away the 6 years I played crpg. I also dont get it, crpg in its current form is the easiest to grind now. I ground for every single loompoint I have , I wasn't given them because I was  new player. New players have it so much easier here than they used to. I am 270,000,000 exp into lvl 37 on my main, if you wiped crpg you wasted all my time.
If you want a level playing field go play native. I do better in native against people who we all have the same stats than I do in crpg on my level 37 main. As a matter of fact you have beaten me a few times in the last week ser guillotine so I dont know why you are crying for a wipe. You would still get beat down by the same people even if there was a wipe.

PLEASE DUPRE don not do a wipe. OR if you do please make it so I can keep my levels,my gear and my stats frozen in carbonite (but unable to be played) so I can come by and view my past achievements once in awhile before I head back to native. Thank you.

I will not wipe anyone's characters or items. You don't have to stress over that.

I did have an idea yesterday of creating/duplicating another database and webserver. Main reason for this is to get full access to the mod and start at any point in crpg history(2010 to now) and build on that. This would take a lot of time though cause i'm not familiar and have never done such a thing for a m&b or any mod/game. It's not impossible and people have done it so im not scared to take it on if this the path we have to walk to bring life back into crpg. Just in idea for now, waiting for some conversations with the donkey lord if it every happens.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:44:18 pm by Dupre »

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 08:40:34 pm »
+1
If it's wiped it will be like an ex-herion junkie getting a shot.
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 09:18:30 pm »
+17
This is a far fetched idea but thought I would share(made 7 cups of cannabis coconut oil last night, been testing it out this morning on an empty stomach, ideas a flooding my head  :mrgreen:)

What do you guys think about having seasons, kind of like diablo 3?

Main ideas:
-no wipe, you keep your character and goods, and would be playable on "main server"
-Season servers will be separate, main characters would not be able to play on season servers
-Players would need to create a new character to participate  in season server
-Season characters would be transferred over to main server once season is over
-new currency to purchase season items, weapons, auctions etc.
-Game modes would be DTV and Battle. Not sure about siege, would love some ideas on this.
-Season Events
-
-
-

Benefits of participating to season servers:

- New items each seasons only obtainable by playing the season
- Achievements and stats
- new currency
- new maps
- increased xp and gold gain
-
-
-

why this makes sense for  current and new players:

-no wipes, we keep everything we earn
-more content and more ways to obtain different and better items compared to just buying them from a shop.
-All season weapons, armor, and items are transferred over to "main" server, along with the player's character and all his belongings once the season is over. This would make the items unique in the "main" server.
-fresh start for everyone to even the battle field.
-More population?
-

Like I said, far fetched idea but I personally think it could be done.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:13:25 pm by Dupre »

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 09:40:42 pm »
+3
I like ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 10:43:00 pm »
+1
Would be nice to figure out a way to get team death match to work with cRPG leveling system. Tiger Knight uses team death match for the PvP w/o bots mode and you earn levels and currency in it (it's warband combat too).
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die