Author Topic: ENTIRE WIPE  (Read 7617 times)

Offline SerGuillotin

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: ENTIRE WIPE
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 10:53:16 pm »
+3
I have no problem with players that are lvl 39 and fully loomed, i know i stand a chance, im not crying or anything, it's just, not many players are like me, many noobs will see all that gear and lvls as a dealbreaker
I like that idea Dupre.
Season servers should probably be siege and DTV as new players might also be new M&B players, and battle is not really enjoyable for noobs, as they would get rekt and have to wait for everyone to die etc. making it hard for them to get used and learn how to fight, as opposed to siege where you can die alot and learn faster/have more fun as a new player
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:00:57 pm by SerGuillotin »

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 11:58:55 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)
Sounds great, but the problem is execution. Even if people from the community help with this, it would take a long time. M&B is already an "old" game and not many people play it. For a start I would try to do the database/webserver thing and work from there.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:28:45 am by Gurgumul »

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 12:22:12 am »
+3
Would be nice if you had the possibility to ''merge'' the seasonal characters with the main character, not getting xp or anything, but just transferring of seasonal items etc.

I like to have one epic main character, but I would probably play the seasonal stuff only, just because in the seasonal servers I'd have something to grind for, in the main server, there would be not much to play for in the end :p

I really like the idea though.

(click to show/hide)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 01:35:32 am »
+1
M&B is already and "old" game and not many people play it.
You are right there are currently 250 people on all M&B servers Not many at all. 78 on Mount and Seige server atm. 45 on TDM but will be even more in a few more hours.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 09:44:19 am »
+2
I believe

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 03:49:11 pm »
+2
Splitting up the already small playerbase should be what we're trying to avoid. If you make a seasonal server some people will still prefer to play with their main character and looms on the main server despite any incentives to do otherwise. I'd probably fall into that group since I don't have as much free time as I used to for grinding purposes, and the game simply wouldn't be as fun if I didn't have my ideal build waiting for me to return to at any time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 04:42:18 pm »
+5
Seriously, I think all the stuff should be wiped.I mean, the mod is already dead whether you do play after you lose your precious stuff or not so we literally have nothing to lose by trying this. Not because I am not rich as others or anything-which I most definitely am not still- but looms have that magical power to "limit your playing potential". Don't deny it, it's true. I don't know how to put it into words correctly, but i will give an example. Imagine I am a veteran cRPG player, who has a bunch of looms, most are for one handed shielder. I suddenly feel like I wanna go archer, it looks so fun but I don't have the looms and archery is shit without looms. I check the marketplace, see a bunch of scamming oldmy old friends who just put retarded offers and never ever play the game, refuse to accept any of them, then I proceed to check our clan's armory, but there is only a +1 Bec de Corbin and a +3 Leather Armor, you proceed to take the armor, just to be to taken back by the owner 2 hours later. After pewing but having not so much fun for hours, you say fuck it and don't play cRPG till you feel like playing shielder again.
Also consider a new player wanting to try out the mod;
I am a whole newbie who now has the opportunity to play cRPG. I go in the server -fortunately, it has players in it- poke with my stones and throw some pitchforks, gain a few levels by trying to learn what the fuck is happening there, you maybe kill a guy with a lucky swing, he drops the item; Masterwork Danish Greatsword. Let alone paying the 15k for the +0 sword, you don't understand what that is, after asking the players you figure out %99 of the server has full +3 gear, levels 37+ with HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF GRIND TIME. Then you go like; "nty, I heard there is a mod called Mercenaries and you can shit on people with the starting gear, Sayonara f*ggots keep masturbating to your loom arsenals"
edit: I also want to add that this would be the exact case if clans formed in Okam who has never played cPRG were invited to play Strat if it gets a reset.

A fresh start would be exciting as you would go for classes you never have or play as a noob for the first time since years. Combined with Strategus, this would bring people to the servers. Note that Strat itself would not make public A LOT more popular, since people already have everything they want on their mains. Strat should not be completely seperated from Public as it is right now. Druzhinas played War Thunder during whole Strat round, except the battle hours.

This whole thing would bring competitiveness and fun back to the game, I strongly believe. Plus to that, then we admins can start acting seriously and bring law back to the servers hopefully.cRPG is one of the best gaming experiences out there and I think people joining every time crowd gathers means it may be resurrected. If anything is wrong with my wall of text tell me btw dont forget to hit that like button and subscribe for more videos, your help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:23:32 pm by Kratos »

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 04:56:19 pm »
+3
btw dont forget to hit that like button and subscribe for more videos, your help is appreciated.
will you make sure to respond to comments, but never actually respond?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 05:03:46 pm »
+1
nty, I heard there is a mod called Mercenaries

Then I heard that mod called Mercenaries only has EU servers, nty.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline SerGuillotin

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 06:13:57 pm »
+1
Seriously, I think all the stuff should be wiped.I mean, the mod is already dead whether you don't play after you lose your precious stuff or not so we literally have nothing to lose by trying this. Not because I am not rich as others or anything-which I most definitely am not still- but looms have that magical power to "limit your playing potential". Don't deny it, it's true. I don't know how to put it into words correctly, but i will give an example. Imagine I am a veteran cRPG player, who has a bunch of looms, most are for one handed shielder. I suddenly feel like I wanna go archer, it looks so fun but I don't have the looms and archery is shit without looms. I check the marketplace, see a bunch of scamming oldmy old friends who just put retarded offers and never ever play the game, refuse to accept any of them, then I proceed to check our clan's armory, but there is only a +1 Bec de Corbin and a +3 Leather Armor, you proceed to take the armor, just to be to taken back by the owner 2 hours later. After pewing but having not so much fun for hours, you say fuck it and don't play cRPG till you feel like playing shielder again.
Also consider a new player wanting to try out the mod;
I am a whole newbie who now has the opportunity to play cRPG. I go in the server -fortunately, it has players in it- poke with my stones and throw some pitchforks, gain a few levels by trying to learn what the fuck is happening there, you maybe kill a guy with a lucky swing, he drops the item; Masterwork Danish Greatsword. Let alone paying the 15k for the +0 sword, you don't understand what that is, after asking the players you figure out %99 of the server has full +3 gear, levels 37+ with HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF GRIND TIME. Then you go like; "nty, I heard there is a mod called Mercenaries and you can shit on people with the starting gear, Sayonara f*ggots keep masturbating to your loom arsenals"
edit: I also want to add that this would be the exact case if clans formed in Okam who has never played cPRG were invited to play Strat if it gets a reset.

A fresh start would be exciting as you would go for classes you never have or play as a noob for the first time since years. Combined with Strategus, this would bring people to the servers. Note that Strat itself would not make public A LOT more popular, since people already have everything they want on their mains. Strat should not be completely seperated from Public as it is right now. Druzhinas played War Thunder during whole Strat round, except the battle hours.

This whole thing would bring competitiveness and fun back to the game, I strongly believe. Plus to that, then we admins can start acting seriously and bring law back to the servers hopefully.cRPG is one of the best gaming experiences out there and I think people joining every time crowd gathers means it may be resurrected. If anything is wrong with my wall of text tell me btw dont forget to hit that like button and subscribe for more videos, your help is appreciated.

Entirely agree with u.

Offline SerGuillotin

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 06:22:31 pm »
+3
Thing is,all the players on the forum right now, and in game, are players that probably have played alot of crpg and have looms, which means that most of them care alot about their looms and over 9000 lvl 35 loomed characters, what they fail to see is that u can't do anything with ur looms and characters if no one is playing the mod, what makes me even more upset about this is the fact that most of them wouldn't give up their looms and try to bring the mod back to life, a wipe has huge potential to actually revive the mod, yet you guys care about ur looms more than bringing the mod back to life.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 06:32:02 pm »
+1
How about reducing gold per tick, and a mutual agreement to only use fresh, isolated characters without without transferring looms or gold to them. We play like we are noobs again without actually wiping anything, but with the same outcome. Or even using the old characters, but with unloomed, cheap and weak items to give new players a bit of an advantage.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2017, 06:33:13 pm »
+3
Thing is,all the players on the forum right now, and in game, are players that probably have played alot of crpg and have looms, which means that most of them care alot about their looms and over 9000 lvl 35 loomed characters, what they fail to see is that u can't do anything with ur looms and characters if no one is playing the mod, what makes me even more upset about this is the fact that most of them wouldn't give up their looms and try to bring the mod back to life, a wipe has huge potential to actually revive the mod, yet you guys care about ur looms more than bringing the mod back to life.

Well said. I agree 100% with you on this. Do we really want to just do nothing and keep playing with the 20-30 same people everyday till it dies back to 0 players or do we want to try new ideas that could possibly repopulate the servers with new players?
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 06:52:31 pm »
+3
Alright, fuck my looms. Let's give it a shot. First thing I'm going for is a +3 club anyways.

What could be a thing maybe, is that when there are more than 40 people online on a server, once per 30-40 rounds, people can get an heirloom point at random. (only the people playing). That will probably make sure people will be playing a lot, still with the endless grind, but at least some light in the darkness with a probable incoming free loom point, or XP bomb. Just a bonus.

It's probably very hard to code, but its just an idea :)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 07:40:03 pm »
+2
You will probably lose old players tho if you wipe everything