Author Topic: Bow need up  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 292
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Pandor_The_Flying_Pig
Bow need up
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:13:27 pm »
throwings and xbows much deadly, i am 6 IF and brigandine and dieing from 3 darts... and 1 bolt with siedgexbow

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Bow need up
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 07:17:06 pm »
Actually , after playing for a while, i still consider archers dangerous. When they will be able to heirloom arrows/ bows it'll be even more dangerous. Fix not needed imo.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:15:20 pm by Shogunate_Ujin »

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 07:34:50 pm »
heirloom arrows gives only more arrows  , and to heirloom you need to play 10\24 ) i with boodkins + warbow need 6-7 arrows to kill tank)

Offline Jez PKS

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 07:38:20 pm »
Being an archer is too frustrating at the mo so i rerolled the new OP - 2H + throwing  :rolleyes:

Offline SgtAlex86

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »
Being an archer is too frustrating at the mo so i rerolled the new OP - 2H + throwing  :rolleyes:
same  :?

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 07:42:19 pm »
I think Archery is finally really well balanced. I got a 30lv archer -> so im not trolling here.

Crossbow would need some increasement for costs and reload time and throwing nerf for dmg.

Offline Pandor_Archer

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 07:54:25 pm »
bow if you go str damag is ok but unreal targeting  , if you go agi and 6PD some armor dont even feel your atacks with warbow!

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 08:33:27 pm »
Cry moar.

I have to ride down a naked afk leech 4-5 times at full speed with my heavy plated charger. And then I have to repair him for about 3.500 gold.
If someone had told me about the plan to remove the horse charge, I would have a level 31 archer now and get way way way more kills. But who cares.

Press tab once in a while, and you will see the good archers are still on top of the scoreboard. You just need to change your playstyle a bit, then you will get (almost) the same amount of kills as before the patch.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 08:56:10 pm »
I'm pretty fine with archers atm.

Due to good (or really bad) timing, I started an archer build a week before the patch came out. So I can't really compare the current archer standards to pre-patch archery. Still, I've had no difficulty leveling up or getting some kills. The only problem I have is that I kind of suck. Just a little...

I'm also going for a 2h/archer hybrid, which means not all of my WPF will go into archery, which means I'm less accurate then other archers. And if I, an inexperienced archer who refuses to put all my WPF into archery, am capable of getting kills, then dedicated archers who don't suck can get kills too. If I can do it, you can do it. The ONLY thing I have trouble with is long range archery. Targets that are more than a certain distance away are VERY difficult to hit, which often leads me to spam arrows in my enemy's direction. It's probably my 130 WPF that's the problem though.

tl;dr: I suck and an a 2h/archer hybrid. If I can do it semi-decently, you can probably do it much, much better.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 01:31:54 am »
3 cheers for the other guy eh?

But srsly we need to do something about throwers..  :|
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 01:37:19 am »
I'd only change it so that PD doesn't give wpf penalties - that way, people could choose to make a slower, less accurate but more damaging high PD archer, or make a more accurate, quicker firing, kiting type archer but with bad damage.

Btw, I made a archer postpatch (rather, respecced my existing twohander into one), but with powerstrike and some (50) polearm wpf. I can still get kills with a bow (using a strongbow, 6 PD) despite being fairly lowlevel (so agi suffers), and of course, as long as you have powerstrike you're not really handicapped in melee either (and sometimes it's just easier to come in and slash a few people in melee, anyway, rather then eg fire into melee fights like a retard).

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 01:40:22 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 02:09:50 am »
the plan to remove the horse charge, I would have a level 31 archer now and get way way way more kills. But who cares.

What plan?

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 02:12:32 am »
I'm pretty fine with archers atm.

Due to good (or really bad) timing, I started an archer build a week before the patch came out. So I can't really compare the current archer standards to pre-patch archery. Still, I've had no difficulty leveling up or getting some kills. The only problem I have is that I kind of suck. Just a little...

I'm also going for a 2h/archer hybrid, which means not all of my WPF will go into archery, which means I'm less accurate then other archers. And if I, an inexperienced archer who refuses to put all my WPF into archery, am capable of getting kills, then dedicated archers who don't suck can get kills too. If I can do it, you can do it. The ONLY thing I have trouble with is long range archery. Targets that are more than a certain distance away are VERY difficult to hit, which often leads me to spam arrows in my enemy's direction. It's probably my 130 WPF that's the problem though.

tl;dr: I suck and an a 2h/archer hybrid. If I can do it semi-decently, you can probably do it much, much better.

WIth the wpf soft cap, dedicated archers only have 20-25 higher wpf then you and if they have a powerdraw to actually use a decent bow to kill people other then peasants the power draw nerf makes them less accurate then your archer probably is.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline XavierX

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: XavierX, Tycho, Javier, Zeus
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 02:20:22 am »
Archers are much more fun now that they aren't forced to hover near the action in order to collect XP. I'd venture to guess that archers are leveling 3-4 times faster now than they were pre-patch. Maybe even more. Damage vs plate has been nerfed, but overall, people are wearing less armor and thus archers should be more effective.

WIth the wpf soft cap, dedicated archers only have 20-25 higher wpf then you and if they have a powerdraw to actually use a decent bow to kill people other then peasants the power draw nerf makes them less accurate then your archer probably is.

I think the PD effect on accuracy needs to be dropped to 10% versus the current 14%. It isn't possible to use a longbow or warbow with any sort of reliable accuracy, even in a pure build, at 180.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:22:20 am by XavierX »

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 02:30:22 am »

Kesh, good archers only need 150-160 wpf to be deadly, even with 6 PD. Sometimes with even less PD.

I have no idea what your issue seems to be with it.

I think the PD effect on accuracy needs to be dropped to 10% versus the current 14%. It isn't possible to use a longbow or warbow with any sort of reliable accuracy, even in a pure build, at 180.

Well, with the current soft cap at 150, I find that it isn't that difficult to shoot people with a warbow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login