Who's gonna win the Co-Main Event?

Brock Lesnar
6 (46.2%)
Mark Hunt
7 (53.8%)
Draw
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: UFC 200  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: UFC 200
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2016, 11:35:54 am »

No, I don't and why would I? I know nothing about this so-called "sport". You, americunts - and Obercunt too, ofc - are so easily triggered by light hearted joke, almost like turks. And if I knew it's that important I wouldn't choose one of the very first picks from google when you search: brutal gif mma.
It's just him displaying his first grade level reading comprehension again. Who "started" it has no bearing on what you said, "rising popularity."

Not to mention the fact he's wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Fighting_Championship#Early_competition_.E2.80.93_early_1990s
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2016, 02:15:17 pm »
Lol @ artifically enhanced. What is or isn't "artificial" is all arbitrary. At the end of the day it was still Jon Jones the human being whoopin everyone's ass. Nothing artificial about that. What he did to prepare himself to be such a ass whoopin human being is kind of irrelevant. Again, you are choosing to feel gutted based on some arbitrary and willfully blind construct you've built in your head. You don't have to feel that way. Supplements these days have all kinds of shit in them, and they're legal. Some fighters can't afford those supplements. Artificial??

Lots of MMA fighters clearly trained tough, had a very strict regimen, ate everything their body needed and rested tons. I think they are all artificially stronger than they should be if they didnt do all that and should be banned from all fighting sport organisation. Anyone doing more than pilate training and being skinny lean are roided out brutes that cheats people out of the fair wins they should have had!

This forum is big on stuff like: history (kinda obvious why), nationalism, gaming (duh), firearms (na is dead so thats fixed), violence (ufc among other stuff), bodybuilding, naked chicks. [...] It is time to at least consider growing up a bit.

Considering any of these things are not mature hobbies after a certain age makes me fear for your testosterone level. And no, not only men have testosterone, so your androgynous-self should be concerned.

And you're wrong. Amatuer/olympic boxing is fine, practiced it for a few months, it's pretty harmless. Hard to get hurt when you're wearing helmet. Professional boxing I consider almost equally retarded as mma.

MMA is as harmless as any other fighting sport, unless you train in a 100% hardcore pro fighters club? You can take a year long course of MMA in any normal club and they will not make you bleed, nor break your bones even once. What you see on TV are competitions, unless you want to prepare for a competition you dont train for a competition, so you dont face competition-like injuries (unless you just like hardcore sparring). The worst thing that your coach want is to injure you in training.

And on the gladiator topic, yes MMA has some similarities compared to our modern perspective: it can be entertaining to watch, yet is violent. The comparison stops here because there is no death included, and everyone is here on their free will  :P

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2016, 04:28:21 pm »
Lots of MMA fighters clearly trained tough, had a very strict regimen, ate everything their body needed and rested tons. I think they are all artificially stronger than they should be if they didnt do all that and should be banned from all fighting sport organisation. Anyone doing more than pilate training and being skinny lean are roided out brutes that cheats people out of the fair wins they should have had!

That's the thing, they ALL take supplements, that's not natural, is it? It's unfair compared to someone who's not taking them!

Jon Jones' probably got banned because he took in a banned substance from one of his supplements, unknowingly. That should tell you everything you need to know. It's just semantics. The supplements that they all take are highly "unnatural" and it's just a game of "what gets banned when" and replacing it with something that's not banned yet. And sometimes they mess up, and there's a substance there that's on the banned list, because they're so similar.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2016, 05:33:51 pm »
MMA is as harmless as any other fighting sport, unless you train in a 100% hardcore pro fighters club?

:rolleyes: Now you're kidding me, right? RIGHT? Have you ever seen judo or karate? And obviously every training is supposed to be relatively harmless and risk free, even gladiators didn't kill each other during practice sessions. But why does it even matter, I referred to competitive mma.

No matter what, according to you, it says about my testosterone level, I claim that taking pleasure in watching like other people hurt each other is barbaric, no better than watching dog fights. But looks like not everyone can be as enlightened as me. Shame.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2016, 06:29:34 pm »
+1
Judo is harsher than MMA. I used to get headaches as a kid after every practice because of the intensity and the amount of repetitions. Your body takes a lot more, and a lot harder impacts than it does in MMA.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2016, 07:08:08 pm »
I clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Not surprising since I know nothing about martial arts. But it doesn't change that mma is barbaric. Same with watching it.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2016, 07:10:21 pm »
I referred to competitive mma.

Which refers to like 1% of the MMA pool. The other 99% just have fun.
I dont judge the sport violence by the most bloodiest matchs that happened between elite players, nor should you.

And I was poking Leshma about testosterone  :P

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2016, 07:17:04 pm »
I clearly don't know what I'm talking about. Not surprising since I know nothing about martial arts. But it doesn't change that mma is barbaric. Same with watching it.
I don't see why it's barbaric when they do it voluntarily. Watching it without being a fighter yourself is weird though, you just want to see guys get beat up or something.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2016, 07:30:52 pm »
I'm not a fighter, but I like MMA because it's interesting and competitive, not because I enjoy violence. People getting hurt in process is just something you can't avoid all the time with that kind if sport.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2016, 07:52:28 pm »
"Cheating"

Yes, it's against some stupid UFC rules, so what. The better fighter will still win. "B-b-b-but he used steroids", so what, he still beat your ass, not an excuse.

Xant please enlighten me as to what I've failed to comprehend about your statement when I responded by saying that performance enhancing drugs (which include steroids) are banned in most if not all sports because they give unfair advantage over those not using them.  What you've said in so many words is that a boost in strength and speed of x % has no bearing at all on a physical contest.  Are you seriously disputing the fact that steroids give an advantage in a sporting event?

The excuse of Jones, that you so willingly believe, that he unknowingly took tainted supplements is as laughable as Overeem saying that his ballooning up to 265 lbs with mounds of muscles in such a short time was just due to genetics.

So by your logic a ped using Lance Armstrong was always the better bicyclist in comparison to a non doper.

As far as being a silly rule to prohibit peds, is it silly just when the UFC does it or is it still silly when the IOC does it also?

It's good that you're not forced to watch it or partake in it.  THAT would be truly barbaric.  A little barbarism is not all bad. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:11:24 pm by Turkhammer »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1484
  • Infamy: 1840
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2016, 07:57:16 pm »
And I was poking Leshma about testosterone  :P

I'm balding. Any further questions, tough guy?

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2016, 08:02:56 pm »
+1
I'm not a fighter, but I like MMA because it's interesting and competitive, not because I enjoy violence. People getting hurt in process is just something you can't avoid all the time with that kind if sport.

Real truth is u like MMA because the greatest MMA fighter of all time comes from Russia. XNXNXNXNXNXNXNXNXN

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2016, 08:12:22 pm »
Maybe, but he should retire again.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2016, 08:33:51 pm »
Real truth is u like MMA because the greatest MMA fighter of all time comes from Russia. XNXNXNXNXNXNXNXNXN
Russia stronk! Suka

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:16 pm »
I'm balding. Any further questions, tough guy?

None sir.