Who's gonna win the Co-Main Event?

Brock Lesnar
6 (46.2%)
Mark Hunt
7 (53.8%)
Draw
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: UFC 200  (Read 4748 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: UFC 200
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2016, 08:55:33 pm »
The excuse of Jones, that you so willingly believe, that he unknowingly took tainted supplements is as laughable as Overeem saying that his ballooning up to 265 lbs with mounds of muscles in such a short time was just due to genetics.
Again you prove you know nothing. DW believes Jones took tainted supplements, and people have actually legitimately been suspended and then have their suspensions considerably shortened because of tainted supplements when they proved the supplements were tainted. Jones being a victim of the same is no stretch. Which you'd know if you weren't talking out of your ass.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2016, 09:08:32 pm »
Again you prove you know nothing. DW believes Jones took tainted supplements, and people have actually legitimately been suspended and then have their suspensions considerably shortened because of tainted supplements when they proved the supplements were tainted. Jones being a victim of the same is no stretch. Which you'd know if you weren't talking out of your ass.

Sure it's possible, and many a proven doper has used that same excuse,  but in any particular case it's utter speculation on your part which indicates that your ass is much more productive than mine.

I also notice that you haven't addressed my lack of reading comprehension concerning your statement that steroids use shouldn't be a cause for concern because the if the winner used them he was the better fighter anyway.  I await enlightenment.  I hope you won't dodge it.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2016, 09:14:42 pm »
Back to the main event and the subject of the thread.  I think Lesner will win the match.  I'm hoping that Mark Hunt will win because I like his attitude and personality and I think he is the underdog.  Hunt is not as athletic as Cain Velasquez and I'm not sure if he can take the same advantage as Cain did if Lesner flinches and covers up and retreats when he gets hit.  I just don't have much faith in Mark's ground game if Lesner takes him down and controls him.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2016, 09:48:37 pm »
Hunt actually has a fairly good ground game, he has caught caught some proven ground guys in submissions and also escaped submissions from proven ground guys. It wouldn't surprise me if Hunt would be able to catch Cock Chestner in a submission on the ground if he shoots in and takes Hunt down in a panic. Lesnar is big, powerful and a great wrestler, but he loses all composure when he gets hit with a good shot. Hunt is very strong and durable and hits like a truck, I don't think Lesnar would be able to take him out quick enough so that Hunt doesn't have several attempts at landing big shots, if he lands one I think it will be game over for Broccoli Sesna, because if it doesn't KO him out right, he will start tap dancing all over the cage and get hit with more or make a desperate take down attempt which could lead him into a submission or more punishment.

Not saying Brock doesn't have a chance at winning, he does, because he is a fucking unit that can wrestle well and obviously hits fairly hard, I just think most of advantages go to Hunt and well, I like Hunt a lot more than that massive wanker that has a cock tattooed on his chest, so I hope he does win. Could be a possible win by Lesnar if he takes Hunt down then just holds him down for the "lay and pray" win, which we all know is fucking disappointing to watch.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2016, 01:29:32 am »
As a big Mousasi fan was a bit scared for him but he pulled through. Happy. I hope he keeps this up and eventually gets a titleshot. Although I'd prefer him at LHW.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2016, 02:07:20 am »
As a big Mousasi fan was a bit scared for him but he pulled through. Happy. I hope he keeps this up and eventually gets a titleshot. Although I'd prefer him at LHW.

Results already?  What time did they start the matches.  I like Mousasi  too.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2016, 03:15:46 am »
Results already?  What time did they start the matches.  I like Mousasi  too.

http://stationfy.com/watch/578186da42f5d65a531214b1

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2016, 04:05:28 am »

I also notice that you haven't addressed my lack of reading comprehension concerning your statement that steroids use shouldn't be a cause for concern because the if the winner used them he was the better fighter anyway.  I await enlightenment.  I hope you won't dodge it.
What part about that don't you understand?
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2016, 05:10:02 am »
What part about that don't you understand?
I obviously understand it since I restated your position.  You are the one contending that I do not comprehend it.

Well if you agree that I have stated your position correctly then obviously I comprehended it correctly also.  That then brings us full circle to the ridiculousness of saying that having an advantage that has been judged to be unfair by an organization that a person belongs to should not be cause for complaint when it's use is uncovered.  You exceed that silliness with the ludicrous leap of logic that a fighter using such an unfair advantage to win would have won anyway because he was the better fighter so it doesn't matter if he cheated.   

I'm pretty sure I've comprehended your meaning accurately but I look forward to having you correct me if I have not.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 05:32:21 am by Turkhammer »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2016, 05:27:53 am »
+2
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2016, 06:37:42 am »
+1
What a shit card. Looked good on paper, then Jones pulls out, and the fights we get are boring as fuck. Hunt throwing 1 strike in the entire fight and plodding forward slowly the rest of the time...
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2016, 06:51:31 am »
Lesner wins by decision.  Looks like Cain Velasquez is back.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2016, 12:10:11 pm »
+1
What a shit card. Looked good on paper, then Jones pulls out, and the fights we get are boring as fuck. Hunt throwing 1 strike in the entire fight and plodding forward slowly the rest of the time...

True. Well the main card sucked IMO except for the Aldo/Edgar fight.

But the prelims were where the action was at. There were some good fights there.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2016, 09:27:21 pm »
+2

That tingly feeling when you haven't played touchbutt in the park for a whole day.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2016, 01:12:56 am »
I think a lot of people changed their opinion about Northcutt after his fight. I certainly did.