Author Topic: Throwing weapons (need balancing )  (Read 16802 times)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: Throwing weapons (need balancing )
« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2011, 11:10:33 am »
Bullshit, you cannot oneshot armored characters with melee, if you talk about peasants they get oneshot by almost everything. Not a strong argument...

I'll try to make it clearer :

1) damage is excessive, and not in line with other weapons
2) requirements are low, especially the wpf requirement to get decent accuracy is too low
3) power throw giving both accuracy and damage is just WRONG and there's no reason it should work that way

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2011, 12:36:47 pm »
Bullshit, you cannot oneshot armored characters with melee, if you talk about peasants they get oneshot by almost everything. Not a strong argument...

I'll try to make it clearer :

1) damage is excessive, and not in line with other weapons

*Takes at least 2 hits to kill someone, the same as any higher tier poleaxe or big sword from someone in a melee build. I have range and limited ammo, they can do it until they die. Seems a fair.*

2) requirements are low, especially the wpf requirement to get decent accuracy is too low

*It takes skillpoints. A crossbow has low requirements. On top of that, there is no such thing as decent accuracy on the throwing weapons you're referring too. (Heavy axes and up)*

3) power throw giving both accuracy and damage is just WRONG and there's no reason it should work that way

*Well, if you prefer people with 3 less PT but with 5-6 more athletics, more WM and higher wpf, it should get changed. Currently, high PT means high damage and piss poor speed in both movement and melee combat.*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2011, 12:46:06 pm »
Spawny, throwers can oneshot people, i'm not talking about headshots, the damage is excessive. You even can see some low/mid level throwers, who just created the char, taking half the hp off a level 31 full str character in plate. If they were 2handers, 1handers, pole or archers, they would not even take 20% hp. Really unbalanced.

The need to put more on wpf is to make a tradeoff between power throw and wpf. You can get wpf for accuracy and put less on pt, then damage will be reduced (on top on a much needed damage nerf). If you want both, make a specialized thrower. A hybrid thrower will be either lacking damage or accuracy.

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2011, 01:52:59 pm »
Throwing damge is fine - it's power throw and the amount of throwing weapons which are overpowered.
  • Power throw should not increase accuracy
  • If you can melee with a weapon it should take one weapon slot. So no more 16 Jarids on one person but 4. You have a chance to one shot people 4 times - I think that's enough. You can pick up throwing weapons or a melee weapon afterwards. Or just take throwing daggers which hurt a lot with decent PT
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 01:54:33 pm by Freland »

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #169 on: February 01, 2011, 01:59:22 pm »
Pure str guys will often 1 hit people in melee
Turtles

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #170 on: February 01, 2011, 03:33:06 pm »
Throwing damge is fine - it's power throw and the amount of throwing weapons which are overpowered.
  • Power throw should not increase accuracy
  • If you can melee with a weapon it should take one weapon slot. So no more 16 Jarids on one person but 4. You have a chance to one shot people 4 times - I think that's enough. You can pick up throwing weapons or a melee weapon afterwards. Or just take throwing daggers which hurt a lot with decent PT

Arrows should take up a slot per arrow too. That leaves an archer with 3 chances to headshot kill a guy over long range. I think that's more than enough. You can pick up arrows from others or melee weapons afterwards.

Spawny, throwers can oneshot people, i'm not talking about headshots, the damage is excessive. You even can see some low/mid level throwers, who just created the char, taking half the hp off a level 31 full str character in plate. If they were 2handers, 1handers, pole or archers, they would not even take 20% hp. Really unbalanced.

The need to put more on wpf is to make a tradeoff between power throw and wpf. You can get wpf for accuracy and put less on pt, then damage will be reduced (on top on a much needed damage nerf). If you want both, make a specialized thrower. A hybrid thrower will be either lacking damage or accuracy.

I do not one-hit most people. Only archers/peasants/melee's thinking they're awesome in their robes. Most people I hit with full health have a bit left, if they got hit by someone/something else allready they usually die.

My current build:
Age 45 [30]

Strength 33 
Agility 3 

Throwing 118 

Ironflesh 5 
Power Strike 11 
Shield 0 
Athletics 1 
Riding 0 
Horse Archery 0 
Power Draw 0 
Power Throw 11 
Weapon master * 1 

The build I would run when wpf would become (more) important:
Age 45 [30]
Strength: 24
Agility: 15
Hit points: 59
Converted: 8

Throwing: 148

Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 0
Athletics: 5
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 8
Weapon Master: 5

(The above build can be modified to include no PS and only 3 athletics for 9 PT.)

Major difference between the 2 builds:
The Athletics. It's going to make a big difference for me, as it allows me to get close to a melee fight, throw, then retreat. Something I cannot do now.
With my current build, I have to get so close to melee fights to be able to hit the enemy instead of my teammate, the enemy often disengages my teammate, runs up to me and kills me before proceeding to kill my teammate.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 01, 2011, 05:15:30 pm »
Then why don't you go with the second build now, if it's so more better.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2011, 06:11:03 pm »
Because he cant oneshot people so easy anymore? TBH Spawny just doesnt want to get his uberstuff nerfed.

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2011, 07:19:50 pm »
Arrows should take up a slot per arrow too. That leaves an archer with 3 chances to headshot kill a guy over long range. I think that's more than enough. You can pick up arrows from others or melee weapons afterwards.

Well you can't melee with an arrow, can you?

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2011, 07:39:03 pm »
Well you can't melee with an arrow, can you?

You can't melee with a war dart either silly.

Oh, you thought that lolpoke was actually useful on it?  No, it's just for giggles.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
« Reply #175 on: February 01, 2011, 07:51:08 pm »
You can't melee with a war dart either silly.

Oh, you thought that lolpoke was actually useful on it?  No, it's just for giggles.

I used it in my thrower alt to kill peasants in duel server. it's better than a long dagger because you can throw it.

On my main:
Throwing 1 hitting me in my brigadine is fine, if you consider I can hardly shoot back 'cause of the shield the dudes got and i need 3-5 hits to drop someone with a good amount of luck. That's what STR builds are for.
I'm just annoyed they can do the same to my destrier when i got money for it. even if it's a leg/ass hit. (horse ass hit means i'm running away which means it's the lowest damage I'll get from getting shot.)

Haven't played that much lately so might have the wrong feeling but:

PT increasing accuracy is just like PD increasing accuracy on archers.
Full STR shouldn't be viable to anyone, specially ranged.

Offline Bonze

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-Fagcher-Liberation-Front (AFLF)
  • Game nicks: King of FF bump
« Reply #176 on: February 01, 2011, 09:00:34 pm »
Strength 39 
Agility 3 

One Handed 1 [1 WPF cost]
Two Handed 42 [1 WPF cost]
Polearm 4 [1 WPF cost]
Archery 1 [1 WPF cost]
Crossbow 1 [1 WPF cost]
Throwing 103 [5 WPF cost]

Ironflesh 0 
Power Strike 3 
Shield 0 
Athletics 1 
Riding 0 
Horse Archery 0 
Power Draw 0 
Power Throw 13 
Weapon master * 0

Its a pure Siege build . I can onshot Naked and low armored chars with ONE freaking Dagger but my Agi/Athletics uhhh.. :lol:. Iam a easy kill for players with huscarl or board shields.
Got no Balls? Play archer. Got no sex? Play horse archer.

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
« Reply #177 on: February 01, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »
Strength 39 
Agility 3 

One Handed 1 [1 WPF cost]
Two Handed 42 [1 WPF cost]
Polearm 4 [1 WPF cost]
Archery 1 [1 WPF cost]
Crossbow 1 [1 WPF cost]
Throwing 103 [5 WPF cost]

Ironflesh 0 
Power Strike 3 
Shield 0 
Athletics 1 
Riding 0 
Horse Archery 0 
Power Draw 0 
Power Throw 13 
Weapon master * 0

Its a pure Siege build . I can onshot Naked and low armored chars with ONE freaking Dagger but my Agi/Athletics uhhh.. :lol:. Iam a easy kill for players with huscarl or board shields.

Won't Jarids fix that for you?

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 01, 2011, 09:28:18 pm »
Quote from: Spawny
I do not one-hit most people. Only archers/peasants/melee's thinking they're awesome in their robes. Most people I hit with full health have a bit left, if they got hit by someone/something else allready they usually die.

As a thrower with 12 PT pre patch (level 44) I call bullshit on your statement. I was able to one hit people wearing 40+ armor (which is not that common anymore) easily with Jarids and Heavy Axes. Very few people (=70+ armor tincans) survived a Throwing Lance and even if they did they were left at less than 5%, rendering them useless.

Throwing is a ranged weapon, has fast reload speed, highinsane damage, can be used with a shield and has decent accuracy (no matter the reticule, if you know your weapon you can hit your target at a distance of 15 meters). Either the damage or reload speed deserves a nerf to put them in line with the other ranged weapons.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:38:05 pm by Belmont »

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #179 on: February 01, 2011, 10:10:52 pm »
With only 5pt and heavy axes I can twoshot people in mail frequently, occassionally takes 3.
Don't know how that's balanced, I can put all the rest into melee, athletics, shield and backpeddleturtlethrow at least 2 people  with 2 stacks for only 10k.
Oh, all I missed I can pick up again. Yes, archers can do that, too, but archers only fire at long ranges and would be foolish to attempt a point blank shot